2710 grafts for Norwood 3 @ Eugenix Gurgaon , India 21st Jan 2022

I would love to share my hair transplant experience with Eugenix hair sciences with you all and would be happy to share my hair growth journey here. I won't be going into details of the procedure (just a few highlights) as there are amazing & detailed write-ups already present in this forum about the "Eugenix Experience". Overall I'm pretty happy with my experience with Eugenix and I would describe it was super smooth & hassle free. Feel free to ask me any question - I'd be more than happy to help.

My background: 30 M, suffering from MPB since I was probably 18 or younger. I had an accelerated receding of my hairline during my early 20’s but I was able to pull off the look because of my curly/wavy hair until I couldn’t in my late 20’s.

Consultation: I reached out to Eugenix some time in Aug’20, thanks to the amazing reviews that were posted on this forum as well as on their YT channel. They were very prompt with their response and assigned a counsellor asap. After initial interactions, I requested for a counsellor change and Eugenix were more than happy to help with that. I eventually had a video consultation with Dr. Arika where all my questions/doubts were promptly answered by Ma’am itself. She gave me an initial assessment of 2500-2700 grafts for the frontal third and advised to take Fin for the Mid scalp and the crown.

Package: 

• Exclusive – It included 100% slits done by Dr. Arika in Gurgaon, India. The extraction and plantation were to be done by the technicians.
  • I understand that the pricing packages have undergone some changes lately. Mine had extractions from Dr. Arika as I had booked this package earlier last year.

Hairline design:

• Got done with the post-op a day before which included anaesthesia testing, pending bloodwork, pictures and payments and was asked to show up in the clinic at 10 AM.
  • Started the HT day with hairline design. Dr. Arika drew a conservative hairline on the first go which was at about 7 cms from the glabella. I asked her if we can get the temples done as well because just the 7 cms high hairline was not looking that great. Ma’am also mentioned that we can go as low as 6 cms and the choice was left to me. I was take ample amount of time to think this through before confirmation.
  • My advice for everyone would be to take good amount of time in deciding the hairline that suits your head size & face. Looking at your pictures with the hairline drawn on a bigger screen might help - Ask the staff to help you on this. You know your hair better than anyone else and you can imagine how your hair would look like after decent growth. All in all, take ample amount of time, ask a lot of questions and trust the doctors and the process.
  • I went ahead with a 6.5 cms high hairline with the temple points done. I had a few questions about the non-uniform hairline and the temple points and Dr. Arika explained that this would help achieve a natural and young look.
  • The hairline design & finalization including trimming the hair took about an hour or slightly less.

Anesthesia & Slits

• This is the only painful part of the process. However, the Nurse and the technicians engaged me in a conversation which distracted from the stings. I was all good after the first 7-8 pricks.
  • Make sure they test the whole surface area before beginning the procedure. And if at any point in time you are feeling any discomfort, inform them immediately so that they can numb the area again. You shouldn’t feel any discomfort/pain at any point in time.
  • We started the slit-making process at 11:30 and it was a smooth sail. Dr. Arika definitely knows what she’s doing and does it with an amazing speed, precision and every bit of professionalism.
  • We took a break for lunch after about 1.5 hours when the slits were done. They treated me with some absolutely delicious chicken Biryani from Ghee and turmeric.

Extraction & Implantation

• This was equally smooth and I was very relaxed throughout the whole process. I even fell asleep for a good hour or two.
  • Me and the technicians had a good conversation going. They asked me if I was ok with the music they were playing and if I was ok with them conversing in their local language. I was ok with any kind of music and language as long as they were comfortable and efficient. It’s a great practice to check this with the patients and I commend the team for doing that.
  • We slogged through the process with a couple of breaks for some Gatorade.
  • Dr. Somesh and Dr. Shishir came in to check on me at the leg end of the process when my hairline and the temples were being done. Dr Shishir removed some grafts from the temple and implanted them to the hairline. I was happy with this level of attention to detail and thanked the staff & doctors for their effort. We finally ended up with 2710 grafts for the procedure.
  • We concluded at around 8:45 PM and Anil from the Post-op team informed me about the Do’s and Don’ts for the next 7 days. I was given a saline solution with a spray bottle, a neck pillow and some disposable pillow covers (to help with the oozing for the next couple of days).
  • I was very nervous about sleeping on my back. Had been practicing since months only to fail. But rose to the occasion when was faced with the real situation. The neck pillow helps a lot - DO NOT FORGET THIS.

Supplements & Medication:

• Oral Fin 1mg EOD since Oct'21
  • Multivitamin (one with Biotin in it) daily
  • Fish oil daily
  • Collagen + Hyaluronic acid - daily
  • Vitamin D3 once a week

Pictures: I'll ask Eugenix to provide the better quality Pre-op and Post-op pictures. Meanwhile, make do with these.

Pre-op:

PicsArt_02-03-12_19_04.thumb.jpg.3d499cf5b378401ad6aa39dfc44f3be9.jpg

Post-op Day 1:

PicsArt_02-03-12_26_16.thumb.jpg.91216b9f2e6686713ceb04df58b9e07b.jpg

• Like 5

• Administrators

Your hair quality is excellent, I can't imagine how your result will be anything else other than incredible. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks for the write up as I myself will be going through the same experience as you. 

I have yet to make a video call with the amazing Dr Arika herself.

You have beautfiul dark curly hair, which will result in an incredible result. Mark my words. 

Your face is properly framed now, you should be happy. 

Good luck on healthy growth! :)

On 2/3/2022 at 3:15 AM, Berba11 said:

52 grafts less than I had!

Good luck & will look forward to your future updates. Great write up!

Thank you! I have been closely following your journey and I'm pretty sure you are on track for an amazing transformation.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2022 at 5:00 AM, Gatsby said:

A great write up @No_time_to_dye and it was great chatting with you in the car that we briefly shared. With your curly hair you are going to have a killer result! Wishing you all the best and I look forward to following your journey!

Thank you so much! It's a waiting game now. Sending good vibes & wishes your way too. 

• Like 1

On 2/3/2022 at 6:47 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Your hair quality is excellent, I can't imagine how your result will be anything else other than incredible. 

Thank you for your extensive research on HT clinics. If it were not for this forum I probably would have ruined my hair for good. 

Your encouraging words help. Wishing you best for your for hair growth journey. I'm pretty sure it's going to turn out amazing.

On 2/3/2022 at 8:09 PM, Ryan Daniel said:

Thanks for the write up as I myself will be going through the same experience as you. 

I have yet to make a video call with the amazing Dr Arika herself.

You have beautfiul dark curly hair, which will result in an incredible result. Mark my words. 

Your face is properly framed now, you should be happy. 

Good luck on healthy growth! :)

The Video call is crucial mate. Ask a lot of questions. I understand that the reps there are equally knowledgeable, but getting your queries answered from Dr. Arika gives you certain sense of satisfaction. Nothing beats the doctor's eye. 

And I'm really happy with the way my face is looking. I was dreading the egg shaped look but turns out I'd look nicer with a buzz cut as well. 

• Like 1

Week 1 & Week 2 update

• Oozing from the donor area lasted for about 3 days for me. But the donor had already started to heal up. Followed the saline spray & betadine regimen religiously till the first head wash.
  • Unfortunately, I was coming back to a Covid positive house and ended up contracting it myself. However my symptoms were not very severe and I managed to pull through.
  • Head wash - Soaking my scalp in the shampoo for 15 - 20 mins didn't do the trick as not many scabs came out in the first go. I had to increase the soaking time to about 30 mins and was able to clear majority of the scabs by the 3rd head wash. 
  • The Eugenix team was very active with their follow-ups. I couldn't converse with them over the phone call but we were in constant touch over WhatsApp Messaging. I was sending them daily pictures of my scalp just make sure things are on track. Some doubts started creeping in about the density after the first wash but talking to reps at Eugenix and going through other transformations on this forum again, helped me clear my doubts. Just fancy ol' over-thinking.
  • The post-op team again reached out to me on the 14th day mark but asked for pictures this time. They sent it for evaluation with the doctors and turns out everything is right on track.
  • Only concern is that my dandruff has been increased marginally. Washing my head everyday with a mild shampoo isn't cutting it. I have reached out to Eugenix stating this concern and am waiting for a response.
  • Really happy with the way my face is looking. I have worn a cap/hat yet (I have a huge collection thanks to MPB).  Friends and Family are digging the new look. This just means that the shedding phase is going to hit me hard. But I'm ready for it and taking each day as it comes.

PicsArt_02-07-10_34_03.thumb.jpg.9167f3420fd5cbb55f8385d82c71f27e.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, No_time_to_dye said:

Week 1 & Week 2 update

• Oozing from the donor area lasted for about 3 days for me. But the donor had already started to heal up. Followed the saline spray & betadine regimen religiously till the first head wash.
  • Unfortunately, I was coming back to a Covid positive house and ended up contracting it myself. However my symptoms were not very severe and I managed to pull through.
  • Head wash - Soaking my scalp in the shampoo for 15 - 20 mins didn't do the trick as not many scabs came out in the first go. I had to increase the soaking time to about 30 mins and was able to clear majority of the scabs by the 3rd head wash. 
  • The Eugenix team was very active with their follow-ups. I couldn't converse with them over the phone call but we were in constant touch over WhatsApp Messaging. I was sending them daily pictures of my scalp just make sure things are on track. Some doubts started creeping in about the density after the first wash but talking to reps at Eugenix and going through other transformations on this forum again, helped me clear my doubts. Just fancy ol' over-thinking.
  • The post-op team again reached out to me on the 14th day mark but asked for pictures this time. They sent it for evaluation with the doctors and turns out everything is right on track.
  • Only concern is that my dandruff has been increased marginally. Washing my head everyday with a mild shampoo isn't cutting it. I have reached out to Eugenix stating this concern and am waiting for a response.
  • Really happy with the way my face is looking. I have worn a cap/hat yet (I have a huge collection thanks to MPB).  Friends and Family are digging the new look. This just means that the shedding phase is going to hit me hard. But I'm ready for it and taking each day as it comes.

Looks fantastic. I can see all the hairs on the front implanted forward and correct.  and also the temple points flat and backwards.  

It only shows that even the exclusive package is good quality and people shouldn't worry about which package to choose. 

I wish you happy growth! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, No_time_to_dye said:

Week 1 & Week 2 update

Thank you for your update. 

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

@No_time_to_dyeThis is a excellent thread, and very well written. Very informative and will give people a very good insight in to what to expect.

Eugenix showing why they are one of the most consistent clinics anywhere worldwide. The work looks very refined and the hairline and temple points look spot on. Looking forward to seeing your subsequent detailed updates 🙏

Hey OP, your pictures look solid for 2 weeks post op and can't wait to see the results over the months till you hit the 12+ month mark. 

Can you tell me the breakdown on your hair grafts for singles, doubles etc. and how many did you have done specifically on the temple points. 

Also, what influenced you to go for 6.5cm vs going all the way down to 6cm? Did you feel it would require more grafts/cost and not going to ultimately make as much of a difference? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2022 at 7:45 PM, NARMAK said:

Hey OP, your pictures look solid for 2 weeks post op and can't wait to see the results over the months till you hit the 12+ month mark. 

Can you tell me the breakdown on your hair grafts for singles, doubles etc. and how many did you have done specifically on the temple points. 

Also, what influenced you to go for 6.5cm vs going all the way down to 6cm? Did you feel it would require more grafts/cost and not going to ultimately make as much of a difference? 

Thank you for your kind words. I did take the picture of the whiteboard that had the graft breakdown but somehow ended up deleting it. I can go back to the clinic and ask if they have this information.

Regarding the hairline, I have always had a huge forehead and given the texture and nature of my hair, I feel like it would rest down on my forehead from the temple areas. So going lower didn't make a lot of sense.

Also, Dr. Somesh at the end of the surgery told me that a conservative approach is the best move forward for first timers. We can always go lower with future procedures if needed, but not the other way around. 

1 hour ago, No_time_to_dye said:

Thank you for your kind words. I did take the picture of the whiteboard that had the graft breakdown but somehow ended up deleting it. I can go back to the clinic and ask if they have this information.

Regarding the hairline, I have always had a huge forehead and given the texture and nature of my hair, I feel like it would rest down on my forehead from the temple areas. So going lower didn't make a lot of sense.

Also, Dr. Somesh at the end of the surgery told me that a conservative approach is the best move forward for first timers. We can always go lower with future procedures if needed, but not the other way around. 

Thanks a lot for the response. 

I hope to see your progress results and i was just interested because like me, you needed your temple points recreating and it's probably the most difficult part yet gives the most aesthetic balance to the face imo so was curious how many grafts they used for yourself. Not to worry if you seem to have deleted the photo. 

I have kinda of got an idea of maybe 2200 grafts for my frontal hairline and temple points. Hopefully that gets me good density and i can be a bit aggressive on the design too. 

On 2/8/2022 at 9:29 PM, MazAB said:

Just looking at the strong donor you have and wavy hair, trust me when I tell you that your result will exceed yours and everyone else's expectation.

Will be following very closely!

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

Thanks Armen. Hoping to see amazing results as yours once the shedding is over.

Do you recommend doing a haircut (when the hair becomes ba bit unruly) or should I just let it grow?

On 2/13/2022 at 3:24 PM, JC71 said:

@No_time_to_dyeThis is a excellent thread, and very well written. Very informative and will give people a very good insight in to what to expect.

Eugenix showing why they are one of the most consistent clinics anywhere worldwide. The work looks very refined and the hairline and temple points look spot on. Looking forward to seeing your subsequent detailed updates 🙏

Thank you. Just need all of your good vibes to get through the shedding phase.  ✊🏻

• Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 3:19 PM, rocketmas said:

Wow, it looks like a superb and very clean job. I definitely think you will have an awesome head of hair in a few months. The temple points are looking great.

We will be following the journey. Good luck.

Thank you ✊🏻

• 2 months later...