Who does Softest, most natural Temple points?

Hi everyone, ive had 2 FUE procedures in past, and im looking to soften up my templt points/peaks. They look a little sparse and thick hairs sticking out so looking for whomever has the most consistent results. Have looked at a lot of clinics in Spain and here in USA but a lot are hit or miss.  Any suggestions woukd be much appreciated.

Thanks!

26 minutes ago, Ffx305 said:

Hi everyone, ive had 2 FUE procedures in past, and im looking to soften up my templt points/peaks. They look a little sparse and thick hairs sticking out so looking for whomever has the most consistent results. Have looked at a lot of clinics in Spain and here in USA but a lot are hit or miss.  Any suggestions woukd be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Did you actually have your temporal points worked on during those initial 2 FUE procedures? 

Do you have any before and after pictures? 

If they have been touched, this could based on what you're describing put you in a slightly more tricky situation because it means that you might need to potentially have some of the work repaired rather than simply augmented. 

Temple points are really the hardest bits of any hair restoration imo to get right and so far, personally i have only come across Eugenix in India that are probably capable and talented enough with their approach and experiences to do them. I haven't seen any significant temple peak restoration examples regularly shown off as often by any of the highly recommended clinics and Doctors. 

It's a curse in many ways to lose those, but it seems like perhaps one clinic has finally risen to the challenge and hopefully more will follow suit. 

yes i had both of them worked on, funny enough my left side temple looks totally natural, soft etc..  my right side, which needed more grafts looks "pluggier". Ill try and take some photos today.

Yes have seen a lot of Eugenix as well, they seem to be leading my list, i would just like to see more results on Caucasian skin and hair type, Im spanish but have fair skin with darker hair.

There are not many surgeons who can achieve very soft and natural yet dense restorations in this area. As you all are aware, temple point reconstruction is extremely difficult  because of the hair angle and characteristics. The hair is generally lighter in color and certainly finer in caliber. Finding grafts that match this description can be challenging and takes time to select the perfect grafts. Even if the grafts are suitable getting the angles correct is difficult because they lay very flat to the head and generally angle down and backwards. That being said, I have seen both Eugenix in India and Dr. Konior in Chicago get very good results with this type of reconstruction. Here's a few examples of Dr. Konior's work. There are more on the network. 

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

38 minutes ago, Ffx305 said:

yes i had both of them worked on, funny enough my left side temple looks totally natural, soft etc..  my right side, which needed more grafts looks "pluggier". Ill try and take some photos today.

Yes have seen a lot of Eugenix as well, they seem to be leading my list, i would just like to see more results on Caucasian skin and hair type, Im spanish but have fair skin with darker hair.

Eugenix have got a few people from the forum if you search that had their temple points done with a similar hair to skin contrast. 

I think those examples from Dr Koinor might be the minor refined procedure you need. 

Personally i would require a complete 100% ground up reconstruction which is probably a massively more complete thing, but Eugenix are probably the top place in my eyes still. 

If money wasn't a concern and a minor temple point restoration was the entire goal, I'd almost for sure go for Dr. Konior. As far as natural blend and softness goes I don't think I've seen better work.

I made a post on temple peaks a while back. Might be some useful info in there for you:

Follow my second hair transplant journey below

Caucasian - 4613 Grafts - Eugenix, Dr. Arika Bansal

2 hours ago, Ffx305 said:

2 hours ago, Ffx305 said:

thick hairs sticking out

to me this implies the temple hair is badly angled. If so, I do not believe dense-filling the area with properly angled grafts will be enough to blend the badly angled ones - the badly angled grafts will still visually reveal themselves.

Extraction may be the only way forward. Hopefully the temple region is small enough that extraction and and a fresh implantation can all be done in 1 procedure. 

Eugenix creates very angular and sharp temple points that look like triangles, they look extremely unnatural to me. Almost like Reggie's hair from the old Archie comics, literally drawn on. Can see their transplants from a mile away.

Edit to add: I reviewed a lot of Eugenix's cases since posting this and I probably was basing this more on their pre-surgical diagrams than their post op results. They manage to feather the angulation heavily to make the actual outcome less pronounced than one might predict based on their diagrams. 

Edited by George Clooney
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Eugenix creates very angular and sharp temple points that look like triangles, they look extremely unnatural to me. Almost like Reggie's hair from the old Archie comics, literally drawn on. Can see their transplants from a mile away.

I think they've got a few general designs you could ask for but in terms of their general go to version, it is pretty similar. However, to claim you can see it a mile away isn't exactly true imo. 

A bad temple point reconstruction is definitely going to stand out like a sore thumb but why don't you post some pics/videos of the temple points Eugenix did that look like a comic characters. 

41 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

not sure if trolling or not but I also agree with this, seen a lot of eugenix guys come out with really aggressive looking temple points .....almost all of them, now if that is the look they want then of course go for it but to me it doesn't look a whole lot natural, specially one those who have the faces that do not complement that look....for example how some haircuts and better designed for certain face shapes (oval, round, triangular ,etc ) 

3 minutes ago, SadMan2021 said:

Please guys share pics of these bad Eugenix temple points lol. I'm looking at Eugenix for a temple repair (among other things) and want to see for reference. 

This goes to show that even elite clinics are challenged by the temples

bro just look at literally all the eugenix threads lol , and again not saying they are BAD...just not my cup of tea and not too natural looking...to each their own.....there was a thread made last year (also in India I believe) where that was clearly a bad temple restoration and even gave him mutton chops lmao

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SadMan2021 said:

I remember the mutton chop guy! that was pretty unusual. I didn't realize that was from Eugenix. 

no i said i believe it was also in india not that it was from eugenix which is in india lol but yeah i wonder how that dude is doing

7 minutes ago, Gokuhairline said:

bro just look at literally all the eugenix threads lol , and again not saying they are BAD...just not my cup of tea and not too natural looking...to each their own.....there was a thread made last year (also in India I believe) where that was clearly a bad temple restoration and even gave him mutton chops lmao

I've had a look at plenty of them, i was just wondering if you could elaborate on what you mean by not natural looking is all. 

I get that the design is usually a bit too triangle imo like a Dorito chip, but that design can be asked to be adjusted if you want and they have done it differently for some. 

6 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

I've had a look at plenty of them, i was just wondering if you could elaborate on what you mean by not natural looking is all. 

I get that the design is usually a bit too triangle imo like a Dorito chip, but that design can be asked to be adjusted if you want and they have done it differently for some. 

yeah I mean the aggressive lines and angles, you can measure an acute angle on some of them lol and some of the older guys it just doesn't look too natural since they are between 35-40 and they have the shape and look of a 14-18 year old BUT again I stress this is my opinion and others might see it differently.....it just doesn't look soft if that makes any sense, it looks hard and aggressive.....and to be honest I think most should leave their natural temples and not even touch them or just slightly (again soft not aggressively addres them) how bad are yours ? check out this guy that went to Bisanga for a slight temple / crown work ,that one looks decently natural I forget his name, he went to HLC for hairline and then Bisanga for crown and temple

Edited by Gokuhairline
fix typo

Ferreira, Konior and Pinto are the top hairline guys I've seen here. Hattingen is also excellent though most of his patient submitted cases are on the German forums, same goes for Pinto with the Spanish forums.

Rahal and Couto are strong as well though their densities can be inconsistent

Edited by George Clooney

8 minutes ago, Gokuhairline said:

yeah I mean the aggressive lines and angles, you can measure an acute angle on some of them lol and some of the older guys it just doesn't look too natural since they are between 35-40 and they have the shape and look of a 14-18 year old BUT again I stress this is my opinion and others might see it differently.....it just doesn't look soft if that makes any sense, it looks hard and aggressive.....and to be honest I think most should leave their natural temples and not even touch them or just slightly (again soft not aggressively addres them) how bad are yours ? check out this guy that went to Bisanga for a slight temple / crown work ,that one looks decently natural I forget his name, he went to HLC for hairline and then Bisanga for crown and temple

Mine are completely gone. I think they were affected by retrograde alopecia that was concentrated around the temple points almost exclusively from a younger age. 

I am planning on going to Eugenix but i am getting them to customise the design to not be that same typical angle you mentioned.

Where i personally trust Eugenix is imo their ability to blend the hair with the way they approach Temple Point restoration with singles and the right angles and curl for the hair. They actually have shown significantly far more temple point restorations than others out there from the ones i have seen. 

I have had a lool at Dr Bisanga's YouTube and even Dr Konior examples linked about, but i haven't seen them do a full on 100% temple point restoration or on those parts regularly shown off. Dr Bisanga for example boxes off near the top, not usually touching the temporal points. 

I think for me personally, i feel Eugenix are the place and maybe i want to believe that more cause i'm choosing them for mine but if it doesn't work out i'd out my hands up but even Melvin on here chose them specifically for their expertise in that area. 

I would say another example that convinced me was a video of a model guy on their YouTube with a well constructed temple point and how good that looked imo years later. 

fair enough, at the end of the day its what you want and not what anybody thinks right ? it looks like temple work at eugenix is just part of the procedure unless you ask them not to touch it ? the others don't have temple work and I assume its cause the patients did not specifically ask....so its good you know what you want out of it...connect with @Melvin- Moderatorif you have not already he can probably tell you a lot more. GL

On 1/23/2022 at 3:18 PM, NARMAK said:

I would say another example that convinced me was a video of a model guy on their YouTube with a well constructed temple point and how good that looked imo years later. 

I would suggest carefully looking at patient submitted cases rather than Youtube videos posted by the clinics themselves. The best is patient submitted videos which are starting to become the new standard.

Otherwise it sounds like you have your head on straight.

As far as technical expertise Eugenix is amongst the best in the world in my opinion. Artistry/style, as you've pointed out, is a result of a dialogue between the patient and surgeon. I am sure they'll work with you to make sure it's what you want.

Edited by George Clooney

8 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

I mean, don't get me wrong. Eugenix's early growth with their patient posted cases here is *insane*.

But regarding hairline design in particular, I accept that a rounded curve can look very effete, no one likes that unless it's a female or transgender patient. But if I can make an isosceles triangle with someone's hairline that can look just as awkward and unnatural.

Yes that's what I meant, you said it more eloquently than me.

Those angles will look profoundly bizarre as the person getting the transplant ages. Sure, your point that you can have it adjusted is fair, but they really should have a better feel by now considering their volume and prices.

I'm not posting pics of patients that look bad to me because that would feel really horrible if I was the patient and some stranger crapped on my hairline online after I had deal with all the pain and loss of money/time, but the overly angulated hairline is the rule not the exception over there. They will get better with time.

Ferreira and Konior are the top hairline guys I've seen here. Hattingen is also excellent though most of his patient submitted cases are on the German forums. Rahal and Couto are strong as well though their densities can be inconsistent

Honestly, i think it's a valid point in terms of them having a "standard" design but if you look around even at the top doctors, they all follow a very similar pattern for their transplants in the way they like to design and close off temporal areas. 

Personally i am going to push for a different design that i feel would blend better and i feel they have the skills to recreate temple points a lot more consistently and naturally (your Dorito design withstanding) in terms of the right angle direction and so on. 

So just to ask you, if you could see them alter that design to maybe a bit more of a holistic and aesthetic design for patients, would you say their craftsmanship in recreating the temple points to visually appear natural in terms of blending are where you'd want?