Woo-hoo! Just placed the order with Curexa Pharmacy for Xyon Topical Fin!!!

GrowNewHair

So today, I placed the order for Xyon's topical finasteride(Hasson & Wong's)! After I submitted my info I got email back from one of Xyon's dermatologist. I filled out their form with my basic info and was contacted by Curexa pharmacy to place the order for my prescription. I paid $99 and am waiting to receive my order. 

Right now I am excited but also hoping this is not another product that doesn't live up to the hype. Will Xyon's topical fin really be sides free or at the least sides will be very very minimum? I am not doubting Dr. Hasson or Xyon. I appreciate what they are trying to do. But to be fair, I won't regard their product as some miraculous magic potion as I haven't used it yet. Well I want it to be though.

According to the dermatologist I should:

apply one pump (1ml) of the gel to the affected area of your scalp each morning. Rub the gel gently into the affected area of your scalp for 30-60 seconds then wash your hands well.

But I will use only MWF at first. I want to take this nice and slow. I am currently micro-dosing .05mg on MWF with the topical fin I have right now. Xyon's is 2.5mg per application and I think it is pretty strong.

I will monitor and update my progress as I go. My main concern at this point is gyno side. Hope Xyon's topical fin won't give me that.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Please create a thread and share a review here.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

35 minutes ago, Dingus said:

Same here man, I started Thursday EOD 1pump. 

Hope to God this doesn’t give me sides like I had on oral. 

do you rub your scalp with gel for 30-60 seconds like the doctor recommends? 

I'd rub only a few seconds on each area when using my current topical fin. 

don't know why it had to be 30-60 seconds long.

20 minutes ago, GrowNewHair said:

do you rub your scalp with gel for 30-60 seconds like the doctor recommends? 

I'd rub only a few seconds on each area when using my current topical fin. 

don't know why it had to be 30-60 seconds long.

Lol yup same here, no way I rub for 30-60 secs more like 10 max and it’s in. 

I just find the paste quite thick and on a diffuse thinner it looks like hell 😂

11 hours ago, rumblefish7194 said:

does one go to their website and send them an email asking about ordering topical finasteride and wait to hear back?

that was all i found at the website in terms of contact information or anything

That's what I did. I heard back from them after about a  week or 10 days? (not sure)

They sent me an invitation email with a form to fill out. I sent the form back with 2 photos and the next day I received an email from the pharmacy for my order.

I paid for the order and received it today. It took about 4-5 days for me to receive it. I haven't used it yet. I will start first week in February.

• 4 weeks later...

Update after 3 weeks of use:

So I've been applying Xyon topical finasteride on Mon, Wed, and Fri only. And I can see my nipples have become more pointier and also experienced tingling sensations. I'm also getting aches around the chest area quite frequently. Gynecomastia was and still is my main concern with using finasteride. I had developed very mild gyno symptoms from other brand's topical fin. I decided to give Xyon topical fin a try as it is not suppose to go systemic. Even if it does, only 5% at most as claimed by them.

I contacted the doctor who prescribed me the medication. The doc was a little doubtful about my experience as the formulation was known to limit any systemic absorption. He said I can try to reduce the frequency and see if that makes any difference.

The sides I felt from Xyon topical fin is stronger than the other brand I tried. With the other brand, I only applied 0.5mg MWF. 

With Xyon's topical fin, the same application: MWF. But as we know one application of Xyon's is equivalent to 2.5mg hence, much stronger. But since it's not suppose to go systemic, I thought it will be safe. But it is NOT!!!!!! At least for me it isn't!

I might try Mon & Thurs only and see what happens. If that still doesn't make much difference, I'll just go back to micro-dosing with the other brands I used before.

So that is my update after 3 weeks.

Thanks for the update! I’ve been curious about this new formula but a bit skeptical as well. Wish they would just lower the dosage since if any does happen to go systemic, 2.5mg would be way worse than the normal topical dosages.

I had a question, what form is it in? Like a gel or liquid? And how easy is it to apply? Also do you dermaroll or anything? I used topical fin after dermarolling accidentally and that increased systemic absorption by a lot.

• Administrators

Did you test your serum DHT before? I would be curious to see if it has reduced. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 hours ago, futureresearch said:

Thanks for the update! I’ve been curious about this new formula but a bit skeptical as well. Wish they would just lower the dosage since if any does happen to go systemic, 2.5mg would be way worse than the normal topical dosages.

I had a question, what form is it in? Like a gel or liquid? And how easy is it to apply? Also do you dermaroll or anything? I used topical fin after dermarolling accidentally and that increased systemic absorption by a lot.

It's in gel form.

Fairly easy to apply. One pump will give you this small amount of gel (about an inch long). It can cover the entire scalp if you apply very small amount for each area. 

I haven't microneedled for a while. So no, I didn't microneedle while using this topical fin.

1 hour ago, GrowNewHair said:

It's in gel form.

Fairly easy to apply. One pump will give you this small amount of gel (about an inch long). It can cover the entire scalp if you apply very small amount for each area. 

I haven't microneedled for a while. So no, I didn't microneedle while using this topical fin.

Cool, thanks for the info!

I am also using the topical Finasteride by Xyon.  I have been using it since last week.  I apply it every day after I come home from work, so it has several hours to absorb and dry.  So far, I have not felt any side effects.  I have used oral Finasteride, which caused a rash and annoying itch to the point I had to stop.

1 hour ago, Curious said:

I am also using the topical Finasteride by Xyon.  I have been using it since last week.  I apply it every day after I come home from work, so it has several hours to absorb and dry.  So far, I have not felt any side effects.  I have used oral Finasteride, which caused a rash and annoying itch to the point I had to stop.

Good for you.

Kind of rare to get rash and itch from oral fin though?

Well anyway, hope it works out well for you without any sides. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2022 at 11:49 AM, GrowNewHair said:

That's what I did. I heard back from them after about a  week or 10 days? (not sure)

They sent me an invitation email with a form to fill out. I sent the form back with 2 photos and the next day I received an email from the pharmacy for my order.

I paid for the order and received it today. It took about 4-5 days for me to receive it. I haven't used it yet. I will start first week in February.

I live in California. Where are they located? And will this work on thin forelock?

Edited by Smacias15

On 2/20/2022 at 4:30 PM, GrowNewHair said:

Update after 3 weeks of use:

So I've been applying Xyon topical finasteride on Mon, Wed, and Fri only. And I can see my nipples have become more pointier and also experienced tingling sensations. I'm also getting aches around the chest area quite frequently. Gynecomastia was and still is my main concern with using finasteride. I had developed very mild gyno symptoms from other brand's topical fin. I decided to give Xyon topical fin a try as it is not suppose to go systemic. Even if it does, only 5% at most as claimed by them.

I contacted the doctor who prescribed me the medication. The doc was a little doubtful about my experience as the formulation was known to limit any systemic absorption. He said I can try to reduce the frequency and see if that makes any difference.

The sides I felt from Xyon topical fin is stronger than the other brand I tried. With the other brand, I only applied 0.5mg MWF. 

With Xyon's topical fin, the same application: MWF. But as we know one application of Xyon's is equivalent to 2.5mg hence, much stronger. But since it's not suppose to go systemic, I thought it will be safe. But it is NOT!!!!!! At least for me it isn't!

I might try Mon & Thurs only and see what happens. If that still doesn't make much difference, I'll just go back to micro-dosing with the other brands I used before.

So that is my update after 3 weeks.

I am stopping with the xyon topical today. I was using half a pump every morning and thought it was not going to give me any sides, but less than a week into using it, my autoimmune symptoms flared up (havent flared in almost a year). I didnt get any sexual side effects and Ive been using it for two weeks. Going to approach it methodically and stop the Xyon topical.. see if my symptoms improve/go away before trying microdosing with xyon again to make sure its the cause.

@GrowNewHair what other brand(s) were you using for micro-dosing and what strength, mate? I might have to follow suit. 

15 hours ago, ryker94 said:

I am stopping with the xyon topical today. I was using half a pump every morning and thought it was not going to give me any sides, but less than a week into using it, my autoimmune symptoms flared up (havent flared in almost a year). I didnt get any sexual side effects and Ive been using it for two weeks. Going to approach it methodically and stop the Xyon topical.. see if my symptoms improve/go away before trying microdosing with xyon again to make sure its the cause.

@GrowNewHair what other brand(s) were you using for micro-dosing and what strength, mate? I might have to follow suit. 

What were your autoimmune symptoms? I've haven't heard of finasteride causing that.

On 3/13/2022 at 1:44 PM, ryker94 said:

I'm using Minoxidilmax's Essengen 6 plus. It's got 6% min & 0.5% fin per application (1mL).

I'm applying Mon, Wed, and Fri once a day for each day.

6 minutes ago, GrowNewHair said:

I'm using Minoxidilmax's Essengen 6 plus. It's got 6% min & 0.5% fin per application (1mL).

I'm applying Mon, Wed, and Fri once a day for each day.

oh dang. you already decided to stop the Xyon topical too?

10 hours ago, BurnieBurns said:

What were your autoimmune symptoms? I've haven't heard of finasteride causing that.

@BurnieBurns - joint swelling, stiff hands/fingers, body aching. there arent many reported instances of fin causing autoimmune issues or worsening, so that's why im trying to narrow down the cause more. the only correlation that my rheum proposed was maybe im super sensitive and the hormonal fluctuations cause a flare. for shits and giggles, i first tried oral fin 2 years ago and then stopped after 3 months because i started getting my autoimmune symptoms for the first time and had to be diagnosed. could just be coincidence.. but very annoying.

Edited by ryker94

12 hours ago, BurnieBurns said:

Stick around, you'll see guys reporting it causing everything under the sun at one point or another. Some actually believe it incorrectly, others just come here to spread fear and paranoia because they're too afraid to take it themselves and hate the feeling of being left behind knowing that other guys are taking it and benefiting.

Its hard for some to accept, but around the time hair starts noticeably falling out is also around the time our bodies start falling apart from natural aging and bad lifestyle habits. Its far better to go to your doctor and actually get to the bottom of everything with examinations and diagnostic blood test work by a medical professional. Rather than experimenting and speculating on a hairloss forum of amateurs, which is going to end up doing little more than causing unnecessary stress and paranoia for you and others.   

3 hours ago, ryker94 said:

oh dang. you already decided to stop the Xyon topical too?

@BurnieBurns - joint swelling, stiff hands/fingers, body aching. there arent many reported instances of fin causing autoimmune issues or worsening, so that's why im trying to narrow down the cause more. the only correlation that my rheum proposed was maybe im super sensitive and the hormonal fluctuations cause a flare. for shits and giggles, i first tried oral fin 2 years ago and then stopped after 3 months because i started getting my autoimmune symptoms for the first time and had to be diagnosed. could just be coincidence.. but very annoying.

I wouldn't jump to thinking that's the finasteride. I'm sure they're real and very frustrating but It's very well researched drug with a well understood side effect profile.  

May be worth following a credible doctors guidance on this before throwing in the towel.

38 minutes ago, BurnieBurns said:

I wouldn't jump to thinking that's the finasteride. I'm sure they're real and very frustrating but It's very well researched drug with a well understood side effect profile.  

May be worth following a credible doctors guidance on this before throwing in the towel.

For sure. im not a post-finasteride syndrome person i swear lol. i've just worked with my primary care doctor, dermatologist and rheumatologist on trying to figure out where finasteride has fit in to my autoimmune progression and finasteride has been the only medication change during the time of symptoms returning. again, could be coincidence but just throwing out my experience while trying out xyon, not trying to fear monger. 

@ciaus aging is definitely a hard change to accept, but im in good shape, 30 years old and i mentioned in my previous comment that Ive been talking this through with an actual rheumatologist. obviously my experience isn't a majority, but it definitely was a special case to warrant trying Hasson's new topical with supposedly less systemic absorption