Am I a good candidate for a hair transplant?

Hello everyone,

i would like to know what do you think of my donor area. Am i a good candidate for hair transplants.

One of my mates was full baldie like me and in 2 sessions restored his hair, same pattern as well.

i don’t take any medications.

i got in contact with his doc and doc said

2 sessions:  both followed by PRP

1st to restore hairline(mature natural looking) 2500 FUE

2nd to restore crown 2500 from scalp and 2000 from beard. FUE

i also don’t mind if there is a bit of over harvesting, mostly due the fact i want my sides and back shaved as close to skin as possible(peaky blinders)

what do you guys think?

6D5C0EE6-779B-4C31-9971-24D01F599D51.jpeg

9333DEC6-4682-4A50-9D9C-0D41A426C547.jpeg

FA623875-0157-4070-9BE9-429A9A173CF2.png

1EDF0BD8-347A-489C-B875-CEA38044E566.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hairman22 said:

I think your donor looks good enough.

I would only go to the best though. Eugenix should be your choice I think

who did your friend go to?

Turkey. Forgot the name of the clinic and the doctor, but will check when i go home.  Doc performs the operation himself the incisions and everything.

Mate was high norwood 6/7ish( don’t really know much about that, quite new to hair restoration, did not really care much, just finding shaving my head everyday bothersome, that’s the reason)

quite impressed with my mates result and the way it changes his look. The  guy did not have a single  hair on his head, and now gets fades and stuff.

Edited by Alphafit
  • Like 2

• Administrators

To be honest, you’re not a good candidate. Your donor looks very poor

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

The patchiness on the side of your donor is definitely a bit of a cause for concern, occipital doesn’t look too bad, despite the low dipping crown. Best bet is to get a trichoscopic examination with some top hair restoration surgeons, so they can see you in person and give you an accurate evaluation. 

Beard looks strong, which will certainly be a big help! 👍🏻

• Like 1

I think your donor looks decent enough at the back, but the sides/above your ears look to be quite thin and it will probably be impossible to harvest grafts from there.

Combine this with your advanced level of loss and it makes you a not so good candidate, with that said, if you go to the right doctor and have reasonable expectations, I think you can have work done. You'll need to use beard, which luckily looks very strong, and to be honest I would just go straight to Eugenix for a consultation.

• Like 2

Average area is so so, back head looks healthy, sides should be more examined, you're NW6 with large area to cover, if you can have HT, 1st procedure around 2500-3000+ for hairline, frontal area a bit middle scalp, 2nd procedure would be to continue from middle scalp backwards to the crown as possible, won't cover crown completely.

Beard can be used above the hairline but won't be main donor.

Edited by Doron Harati
  • Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

23 minutes ago, JDEE0 said:

I think your donor looks decent enough at the back, but the sides/above your ears look to be quite thin and it will probably be impossible to harvest grafts from there.

Combine this with your advanced level of loss and it makes you a not so good candidate, with that said, if you go to the right doctor and have reasonable expectations, I think you can have work done. You'll need to use beard, which luckily looks very strong, and to be honest I would just go straight to Eugenix for a consultation.

Well this is what I am aiming for. Is it achieveble.B027C310-F627-4937-9F9F-E4D9D5C0CACA.thumb.png.67b38d4ae17b86f8151078a0dd803fed.png

Edited by Alphafit
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JC71 said:

What age are you now ? How long ago was the pic above ? Just wondering how fast you have been progressing through the Norwood levels… 

Started noticing thinning  quite early 16-17 years old. Same pattern like my dad

currently 26 years old.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, JC71 said:

Damn man, that’s very aggressive loss. Sorry 😞 Did he loss continue to a full on Norwood 7 .?

He looks pretty much like me , i don’t think he reached 7.

i think since both of us started early bodybuilding at about 14 years old(no steroids) test leve hit us quite hard.

• Like 1

Not sure what you mean when you stated that you are not very concerned with a bit of over-harvesting…you need to be very concerned about this especially when your donor appears more on the lower end of density…you very well “may not” be able to wear your hair short throughout your donor…also, considering your advanced NW class, the overall level of grafted density may not be as much as you are expecting…if it were me, I would do this in several sessions…I would start with the frontal zone, let it grow out and mature…wait and see how your donor zone appears before doing anything more.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Alphafit said:

Sure. My beard is my pride  haha29C8EA25-2E28-4052-8020-722284BBB712.thumb.jpeg.d298dd697c7081d50c00707611fc8802.jpeg

5EC98C97-D651-487A-BFB5-7EFC4B9BEB1D.jpeg

13FDE27C-2209-448A-B9FE-9E9C834720AC.jpeg

25BEA9F5-A566-4D8B-9168-FEA90BC42B10.jpeg

Your beard is definitely dense and thick, this would be the main source of donor, as your scalp is a small source and the sides look low density. My main concern are your expectations. Really, the only clinic for a case such as yours is Eugenix.

You would need at least 2-3 HTs, and well over 10k grafts. I’d say the beard has about 3,500 under the chin, maybe another 2,000 in the cheeks, while still maintaining a good beard. Also, keep in mind the beard won’t be as thick as this after several surgeries. The truth is you’re a Norwood 7. Are you willing to put in the time and the money? Look at my journey I was very similar. But had higher sides.

To be perfectly honest, there’s a difference between being a candidate and being a good candidate. You are not a good candidate. But you can still get several procedures and with the right clinic have something that looks decent. But of course the time and money are an aspect you must consider at 26. Too often young guys want a fast and simple solution, believe me surgery is not it. Maybe smp is a better option?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I would be interested to see your friend that looked "exactly" like you. So he was a full Norwood 7 with thinning also on the sides? Some Dr in Turkey cured his Norwood 7 with two procedures with good density?

Cases like these is usually considered as miracles, but its not impossible if you have some great donor, but I doubt two sessions from full NW7 from some clinic in Turkey.

For you I think two mega sessions with Eugenix with ALOT of harvesting from the beard area could get you decent coverage, but its also if you want to take the gamble at your young age. It will be difficult to shave down if you do it because of FUE scars, you will need to keep some length to hide them.

Edited by digi23

7 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Your beard is definitely dense and thick, this would be the main source of donor, as your scalp is a small source and the sides look low density. My main concern are your expectations. Really, the only clinic for a case such as yours is Eugenix.

You would need at least 2-3 HTs, and well over 10k grafts. I’d say the beard has about 3,500 under the chin, maybe another 2,000 in the cheeks, while still maintaining a good beard. Also, keep in mind the beard won’t be as thick as this after several surgeries. The truth is you’re a Norwood 7. Are you willing to put in the time and the money? Look at my journey I was very similar. But had higher sides.

To be perfectly honest, there’s a difference between being a candidate and being a good candidate. You are not a good candidate. But you can still get several procedures and with the right clinic have something that looks decent. But of course the time and money are an aspect you must consider at 26. Too often young guys want a fast and simple solution, believe me surgery is not it. Maybe smp is a better option?

To be honest I already looked at your transformation and it looks quite good, hell amazing I would say. I actually though I had great donor for some reason thought hair on the side was really thick, guess I was wrong.. Though I was Norwood 6 ...damn .

I also have some thick dense chest hair(A sentence I never thought I would be writing on hair loss forum 😂 ) 

I am very aware of the fact that multiple sessions would be needed. The doc I was planning to go to said the same both sessions would be 1 year apart,said he won't use any beard hair on the hairline restoration, but for the crown and mid scalp would use both donors but will rely on beard heavily.

SMP is something I am considering  eitther way. Even if I get a hair transplant SMP will be needed.  I liked the shaved head look.

As for realistc give it to me straight, would you consider this a realistic goal and achieveable goal?

B027C310-F627-4937-9F9F-E4D9D5C0CACA.png.f242b241e943c0ed43469778de554d83.png

• Like 1

Biggest problem right now is your age and how aggressive the hair loss has been. It could be the lighting but in some pictures the donor looked better and then in some it was what appears to be retrograde alopecia in areas and that's a big problem usually. 

OP, you do have a good look for the beard to basically look like Kratos from God of War if you bulk up. 

That's not to say you shouldn't try for hair btw, i know how devastating your situation must feel but don't take any drastic action and that you'd regret. 

3 minutes ago, digi23 said:

I would be interested to see your friend that looked "exactly" like you. So he was a full Norwood 7 with thinning also on the sides? Some Dr in Turkey cured his Norwood 7 with two procedures with good density?

Cases like these is usually considered as miracles, but its not impossible if you have some great donor, but I doubt two sessions from full NW7 from some clinic in Turkey.

For you I think two mega sessions with Eugenix with ALOT of harvesting from the beard area could get you decent coverage, but its also if you want to take the gamble at your young age. It will be difficult to shave down if you do it because of FUE scars, you will need to keep some length to hide them.

He also got a lot of harvesting from his beard, but I don't think his sides were thin like mine. 

I am not talking for full blown out model hair, he became from norwood 6-7ish to a norwood 3. Receded mature hairline, crown is not perfectly thick, but it's not bald, you can still see the halo around the crown, But for me it looks natural, plus he fades his sides looks great.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JC71 said:

Pray tell who is the Dr you mention ? 🤔 I see Eugenix being your best chance in going forward. Be wary of anybody promising too much… 

Doc is Doctor Demir TurHair. He is part of ISHRS.

• Like 1