Matthew McConaughey

image.png.9e6f46396e211a3951e81e40eece2461.png

The pics on the left are from his arrest for a DUI or something back in the day, then his hairline seemed to drop a few years later. Could be a prosthesis but looks like real post-surgical results to me.  

On the Italian forums several people have alleged that he had a strip from a doc in Chicago whose last name starts with K. 😇  The density and curvature seem pretty characteristic of Dr. K's style. Is there any merit to this?

Edited by George Clooney

All the articles and other gossip I've seen regarding Matthew McConaughey - they almost all state that he is wearing a wig. I'm not sure why everyone thinks he is wearing a wig and not a hair transplant, but perhaps there is some validity behind it. 

The great thing about being an actor or other well-known person is IMO there is way less of a social stigma of wearing a wig as compared to an average joe. Because people expect celebrities to be high maintenance and have some "fakeness" to them. 

Personally, I think he is wearing a wig. His mane of hair is so glamorous its hard to replicate with a HT. Plus he is such a famous and well-known star, the stakes are too high for him to risk a botched HT (and yes even the elite docs fail from time to time). 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, George Clooney said:

image.png.9e6f46396e211a3951e81e40eece2461.png

The pics on the left are from his arrest for a DUI or something back in the day, then his hairline seemed to drop a few years later. Could be a prosthesis but looks like real post-surgical results to me.  

On the Italian forums several people have alleged that he had a strip from a doc in Chicago whose last name starts with K. 😇  The density and curvature seem pretty characteristic of Dr. K's style. Is there any merit to this?

There’s a lot of talk about him going to Dr. K, one guy supposedly worked at CAA the talent agency in LA that represents Matthew; supposedly there was a fax to Chicago hair institute. All of this hearsay and honestly, I don’t think he’s bright enough to know of good doctors. Just my suspicion. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I think looking at his hairline it looks very natural when googled and zooming in on pics and not like a wig or system, pretty sure he's just had HT's and uses Fin/Dut/Minox and probably has done for a long time.

Also if you google his name and 'short hair' you'll see he shaved it all down to a 3 or 4 guard all over around about 6/7 years ago in 2015... it's clear to see there it is his own hair and it looks fairly solid to me.

I'm sure he wears some partial systems or whatever for some roles, but I think for the most part it's just meds and maybe some small HT's.

• Like 1

No HT in my opinion, but has one of best make up teams.

Old film cameras like the DUI photos can wash out hair and make you look more bald.

Suspect he would have jumped on Fin in the late 90s.

GettyImages-1145558368-2000.jpg

GettyImages-1145559255-2000.jpg

Edited by 1978matt

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I have to say, this guys hair is one of the most hotly debated. 

Some have gone to state its very likely an FUT procedure and a top up down the line because his temple points apparently got stronger. 

Some say he uses smartly placed hair pieces but some say that it's unlikely because of how often he's on camera and the way those temporal areas look without the telltale signs of a hairpiece like say John Travolta. 

Personally i think he got a fantastic Hair Transplant and been on preventative medication. He probably uses fibres etc. to give a fuller appearance at time which is a common trick with the harsh bright studio lights used etc. so it looks kore dense too. 

I just wish though, that he didn't go on that programme where he claimed to rub this stuff in his head from a company that doesn't even list the ingredients. It was imo BS. 

Dr. Gary Linkov's youtube video is well done (like several that he has made) and comes from a professional, scholarly viewpoint. He concludes several FUTs by a very good hair surgeon. The debate is fueled by threads like this one that show diffuse thinning from time to time and then a very dense manse around the same time frame; probably good make-up and a hair system from time to time possibly. The one thing we know for certain is that Matthew is acting when he says some magic potion  alone caused that hairline and temporal improvement. Is Dr. Linkov a candidate for the Network--even though he has a general plastic surgery practice? He seems like a class act.

1 hour ago, Mountinvan said:

Dr. Gary Linkov's youtube video is well done (like several that he has made) and comes from a professional, scholarly viewpoint. He concludes several FUTs by a very good hair surgeon. The debate is fueled by threads like this one that show diffuse thinning from time to time and then a very dense manse around the same time frame; probably good make-up and a hair system from time to time possibly. The one thing we know for certain is that Matthew is acting when he says some magic potion  alone caused that hairline and temporal improvement. Is Dr. Linkov a candidate for the Network--even though he has a general plastic surgery practice? He seems like a class act.

Dr. Linkov definitely has a glossy and fashionable Youtube presence and clearly has invested in a good marketer. He very well may be a good surgeon, but I wouldn't judge him based on his Youtube videos alone (even though I enjoy them as well)

It is a red flag IMO he does not do HT's full-time.

This photo that came out like 10 years ago at the hospital during his daughters birth to me shows there is no hair transplant. His frontal 1/3 looks the same as his mug shot years back. He may be on finasteride which has halted the progression. He clearly has a partial piece of some sort that he wears often.

8F13FB82-FEC0-4EAC-BA84-9DB617953BCD.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 5BetaReductase said:

This photo that came out like 10 years ago at the hospital during his daughters birth to me shows there is no hair transplant. His frontal 1/3 looks the same as his mug shot years back. He may be on finasteride which has halted the progression. He clearly has a partial piece of some sort that he wears often.

I mean, 10 years from then is a long enough time to have bad several FUT and FUE procedures. So that pictures not proof of what you say for 100% and that's why he's such an obsession for people out there. 

In fact, i would respect an actor etc. more for telling us that they had it done. It makes them more relatable and that they're human like the rest of us. 

• Administrators
7 hours ago, 5BetaReductase said:

I can make his hair look almost 100% with dermmatch and fibers. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Celebrities do a lot yo conceal their hair loss.  While some of the have underwent hair transplant surgeries, others use cosmetic concealers and other methods to masquerade their thinning.  I’m not sure whether or not Matthew McConaughey has has a hair transplant.  But I know that concealor, when used correctly could make him look like he has a pretty full head of hair.

Best wishes,

Rahal hair transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

2 hours ago, NARMAK said:

I mean, 10 years from then is a long enough time to have bad several FUT and FUE procedures. So that pictures not proof of what you say for 100% and that's why he's such an obsession for people out there. 

In fact, i would respect an actor etc. more for telling us that they had it done. It makes them more relatable and that they're human like the rest of us. 

His hair was alreasy suspect way before then. It looked identical to know when he was in public

19 hours ago, Mountinvan said:

Dude seems like a sketchy reaction youtuber. AKA bottom of the barrel content designed to get clicks.

Plus his content isn't even that accurate. He pegged Elon Musks FUT transplant at roughly 10 dollars a graft and that's a bit dishonest because the only way you're paying 10 dollars per graft FUT is if you go to Konior

Edited by deeznuts
  • Like 2