Hair transplant outside of USA?

Been looking for a reputable doctor outside of the US to get a ht but it seems the more I look the more uncertain I become. Been looking at Turkey I’ve heard good but some bad depending on doctor. Main reason I want to do outside US is price. I’m willing to spend 10k probably need about 2500-3k grafts but of great quality. I know 10k is on the higher side for somehwere like Turkey but I’m willing to spend it on quality without having to spend 20k back home.

2 minutes ago, Hotwiskey said:

Been looking for a reputable doctor outside of the US to get a ht but it seems the more I look the more uncertain I become. Been looking at Turkey I’ve heard good but some bad depending on doctor. Main reason I want to do outside US is price. I’m willing to spend 10k probably need about 2500-3k grafts but of great quality. I know 10k is on the higher side for somehwere like Turkey but I’m willing to spend it on quality without having to spend 20k back home.

Please can you share some more details, age, meds and pics ? Thanks 🙏 

Instead of focusing on Turkey you could look at some of the decent European options. 
Dr Bisanga, Dr Mwamba, Dr Feriduni - Belgium, Dr Pinto + Dr Ferreira- Portugal, Dr Freitas, Dr Villa, Dr Couto, Dr Lorenzo - Spain, just to name some ! 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've honestly been seeing quite a few good results in Brazil ever since I had my transplant.  I think it's worth looking into.  Unfortunately, hard to find a dedicated focum where people share their experiences for the Brazilian population.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Check out my journey here:

3 minutes ago, Fue3361 said:

I've honestly been seeing quite a few good results in Brazil ever since I had my transplant.  I think it's worth looking into.  Unfortunately, hard to find a dedicated focum where people share their experiences for the Brazilian population.

Agreed.. We can now consider @Dr. Felipe Pittellafor example 👍🏽

• Administrators

There are great examples, but in the US we have excellent surgeons as well. Mwamba operated in Atlanta for $5 per graft. An absolute steal if you ask me.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

10k is the kinda money where you don't have to go to Turkey lol. Go to Europe - you pay more than Turkey but the pro is that you have EU consumer protections on your side and you open yourself up to some of the best doctors in the world

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

There are great examples, but in the US we have excellent surgeons as well. Mwamba operated in Atlanta for $5 per graft. An absolute steal if you ask me.

Do you know if this is true or not? Dr Mwamba does not seem to be doing the surgery in Atlanta, rather supervising.

Location: Chastain surgery center, Buckhead area, Atlanta, Georgia

Head surgeon: Dr Truett Bridges

Training and supervision: Dr Patrick Mwamba

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, digi23 said:

Do you know if this is true or not? Dr Mwamba does not seem to be doing the surgery in Atlanta, rather supervising.

Location: Chastain surgery center, Buckhead area, Atlanta, Georgia

Head surgeon: Dr Truett Bridges

Training and supervision: Dr Patrick Mwamba

From what I’ve been told he is actively participating in the surgery I’ll tag his clinic rep @FUECLINIC

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 12/14/2021 at 12:03 PM, Hotwiskey said:

You want to be under the 2.7 Euro ($3) per graft level. In Turkey, HLC (where I went) and Dr. Pekiner are the only ones I would consider.

In Portugal, Dr. Pinto would be my choice. Dr. Ferriera is good but has a very long waiting list. 

In Spain, Dr. Ximena Vila and BHR Malaga are within range. Dr. De Freitas is a hairline master but also has a very long wait list.

All Belgium clinics are too expensive, especially after the 21% VAT.

Edited by MachoVato
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, NotoriousAGB said:

I too am interested/waiting for @FUECLINIC to comment on Dr. Mwamba's involvement in Atlanta & New Jersey. Who is physically doing the incision, extraction, etc... if it's a doctor, which doctor? If techs are involved, which step are they involved in?

Thanks!

I am not positive on this, but I believe he is training a Dr in Princeton NJ who is a Dermatologist and does various other procedures for lips, nose, eyes, etc. I imagine he is currently heavily involved at this point as he just started in NJ and would probably have to teach her for a while especially if he is only there a few days a month. What happens after that though I don't know. I'm wondering if he is trying to start a chain of HT clincs here that license the name or something since he now has 2 clinics in the USA.

EDIT: Or he could just be renting an office at the Princeton NJ facility to perform hair transplants on his own patients rather than setting up an entire office himself. It would be much cheaper to just pay a small amount to use a space in another large facility.

Edited by BeHappy

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

Any surgery booked at FUE CLINIC involves the presence and participation of Dr Mwamba as the lead surgeon. The consultation, design and all incisions are made by Dr Mwamba. The extractions are done by both surgeons (one of them Dr Mwamba) and the implantation as well in the US.

Other doctors in Atlanta, Brussels and New Jersey help with the surgery as it's been the way we work. 

We are not opening a clinic chain, Dr Mwamba lives in the US and would like to spend more time with his family thus working in Atlanta and New Jersey is more convenient. He still travels to Brussels every 2 months to perform surgeries there as well.

I hope this clarifies it!

Edited by FUECLINIC
  • Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 1:03 PM, Hotwiskey said:

I should also add I am not vaccinated and do not plan to be. I’m not making this political you may do what you please so please leave all of that. I just know it’s required to travel to some countries.

I've experienced no side effects from taking fin if you wanted to give it a try.

I believe any side effects you get will subside after a short period of not taking it if you find it's not for you.

You still have a lot of hair, it's worth trying to salvage it. Fin is your best bet.

You're also quite young and prone to more hair loss in future. I think if you get a transplant the doctors will strongly advise taking fin or your transplant isn't going to look good if your untouched areas continue to bald with age.

Edited by Viney

19 minutes ago, Baldingat22 said:

What are the costs of Bisanga and them? The EU I guess what is a typical cost per graft. Yes you have 3 per graft in Turkey but just curious how much more it is in EU?

European docs (the good ones) range from about 2 EUR per graft on the low side up to around 5 EUR per graft on the high side, but most generally fall between 3-4 EUR per graft.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...