2770 FUT (NW3.5, hairline, temporal points) with Dr Pathomvanich (Dr Path) - DHT Clinic, Bangkok, Thailand (Videos)

_lshy

Week 3

Got the stitches out at my GP today. Dr Path took a photo and wrote a letter for my GP with details of his suture technique (there are many) and instructions on how to remove them.

My GP laughed because they actually had to remove hair transplant stitches from another patient a few days earlier and had to guess how they were put in.

It feels so good having the stitches out.

Otherwise the grafted hair shafts have started shedding making the grafted areas look patchy and kinda gross. The skin is still a bit red and there are a couple pimples up there. 

Apparently the next 3 months I will see little to no growth. Will update as growth start coming through.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

This is one of the best write ups about a hair transplant. I don’t know how to thank you enough for your thread :)

I am from Australia too and seeing your amazing post made me consider Dr Pathomvanish as well.

The scabs and hair look great for say 11, and you are right about not expecting much growth for the next 3 months (the ugly duckling phase).

I hope you keep updating us as you are providing us with invaluable information :)

Thanks again.

• Administrators

Update?

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Such an amazing and detailed post ! Thank you so much for sharing this with us. Seems like they took a good care of you and you are on your way to getting your dream hair back. I will be following this thread for sure. Also have to check Dr. Path and his clinic because I am also looking to get my first HT via FUT method at the end of this year.

Good luck !

2 Months After Surgery (exactly)

I'm a bit late to the party with this but happy new year everyone, merry Christmas and also happy lunar new year!

I actually caught covid on Christmas eve which is about 3 weeks post my surgery - so for those with questions on if covid has any effect on a HT we'll soon find out 🤣 I had 2 AstraZeneca doses at that point.

So far so good! 

Lots of the hairs have fallen out but a few held in there and continued to grow - mostly in my temporal points which actually means I have a pretty immediate change in appearance.

dWu4Mj5.png

Before photo on the left and after (2 months) photo on the right

There are a few pimples rolling around in my temples. I try to ignore them but there have been a few occasions where I couldn't resist popping them. I have been using hydrocortisone cream to keep the pimples to a minimum and it's not really a big deal thus far.

I hear month 4 is when things really take off so looking forward to that.

I got a haircut today, first haircut since the surgery. No reason for waiting 2ish months to do it, I am just lazy. I took some before photos and some after photos. 

Before Hair Cut

Gallery Link

bpGgb8V.jpg

After Hair Cut

I was curious how short I could cut my hair before the scar was noticeable so I asked my barber to push the limits a bit but I don't think he was too keen, haha. I got a mid-fade where the bottom is a 1 and everything else is done with scissors 

Gallery Link

nSlgsYI.png

Overall really happy, can't wait to see how things progress! My 30th birthday is in April so I am hoping to kick off my 30s with more hair than I had in my 20s 😆 

• Like 1

@_lshy it's looking like its coming along really good ... are you still happy with your decision to do the FUT? How have you been managing the recipient area? As in are you using any creams for it - as it doesn't look like you have much redness there

• Thanks 1

Yeah no regrets at all with FUT. It's a little red but that's been gradually reducing.

No creams or management at all, it's been entirely hands off for the most part since the surgery.

Early on I was diligent about washing the stitches in the shower. It was a little uncomfortable but I figured it's good to keep it clean.

I don't know if lifestyle and age play a factor. I'm 29, gym a few times a week - weight training and high intensity road cycling (starting from week 4)

Hey mate,

Absolutely fantastic write-up.

I'm in a similar boat, an Aussie, debating whether I make the journey to the US or not.

Your results look reeeaally clean, and it looks like it's going to be a fantastic result. You can already see the difference it will make aesthetically.

All the best! :)

• Thanks 1

Brilliant write up, Ishy, and an exceptionally clean job.

Good luck with the growth process.

I will also be looking at giving Dr. Path an opportunity to assess my situation, as well, after reading your experience there.

Travel times are longer to Turkey, and India from Oz, where i am as well, and even though i have virtually made my decision to go to India, i thought it best to check him out. 

Is the no shave HT you had, something you asked for specifically, or does he make it available to everyone?

All the best mate, thanks for your time,

Andy.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ANDYMAL said:

Is the no shave HT you had, something you asked for specifically, or does he make it available to everyone?

Thanks @ANDYMAL, in my pre-op consultation Dr Path asked me a bunch of questions including if I wanted FUE, FUT or combination and if I was okay with them shaving hair if they required it.

I told him that my only objective was achieving the best cosmetic outcome possible, didn't mind FUT/FUE/combo, and didn't care how I looked for the first few months immediately post op so shave away and pick whatever technique was most appropriate.

Though most people are happy with a single pass, I expect to have at least another 1 surgery in a year or two to really complete the look which might have factored into his decision making process (though he shrugged it off and said it's unlikely I'll be unhappy).

In the end they went with just FUT, no FUE and minimal shaving (they shaved a little of my hairline so they could thicken up the hairline perimeter) but it wasn't noticeable.

I think they offer stealthy no shave operations but you'd have to ask him directly

Edited by _lshy
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Looming great ishy, sorry to hear about the Covid, my entire family caught it and were all fully vaxxed with the pfizer. Hopefully, your natural immunity will work better from now on 😅

Everything looks good, the donor scar is barely visible very impressive.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Yes how’s it looking month 3? 

View my thread

Hey all Month 3!

I've been inside most of this month because of the enormous amount of rain pouring down on Sydney for what feels like the entire month. Excuse the lighting on the photos, I blame the clouds.

I hear things start to pick up after 4 months, so I have a month until I get to that milestone but as things are; I am feeling really great about the results. Before my transplant I actually wore two small partial hair piece cut outs on my temples and they were about as dense as the transplanted hair is now, excluding the temporal points. They looked pretty good by themselves but the temporal points always let me down.

LrdVvlK.jpg

Before/after side profile

It's growing much faster than I expected, honestly. I do feel the hairline on the temporal points are a bit too pronounced but I think that's near impossible to avoid given the nature of the area and the fact that I mostly yielded double grafts from my donor area. Hopefully things will blend in a bit better in a years time.

Once again, I am late on a haircut so I'll post another update after that but for now here are some photos of the progress so far 

c5gcPwR.png

Gallery Link

I have found oral minoxidil has improved my hair quality and the biggest side effect is relentless hair growth everywhere. I have hair growing on the backs of my fingers, coming out my ears, even my eyebrows are filling out, haha.

Hope everyone is well. Flights to Thailand are resuming now if anyone was considering 

Edited by _lshy
  • Like 2

• Administrators

Definitely starting to grow exciting times

View my thread

On 3/9/2022 at 10:28 AM, _lshy said:

Hey all Month 3!

I've been inside most of this month because of the enormous amount of rain pouring down on Sydney for what feels like the entire month. Excuse the lighting on the photos, I blame the clouds.

I hear things start to pick up after 4 months, so I have a month until I get to that milestone but as things are; I am feeling really great about the results. Before my transplant I actually wore two small partial hair piece cut outs on my temples and they were about as dense as the transplanted hair is now, excluding the temporal points. They looked pretty good by themselves but the temporal points always let me down.

LrdVvlK.jpg

Before/after side profile

It's growing much faster than I expected, honestly. I do feel the hairline on the temporal points are a bit too pronounced but I think that's near impossible to avoid given the nature of the area and the fact that I mostly yielded double grafts from my donor area. Hopefully things will blend in a bit better in a years time.

Once again, I am late on a haircut so I'll post another update after that but for now here are some photos of the progress so far 

c5gcPwR.png

Gallery Link

I have found oral minoxidil has improved my hair quality and the biggest side effect is relentless hair growth everywhere. I have hair growing on the backs of my fingers, coming out my ears, even my eyebrows are filling out, haha.

Hope everyone is well. Flights to Thailand are resuming now if anyone was considering 

Thanks for sharing the update. 

They say the hair will begin to change over the 12-18 months period and texture etc. could also soften a little bit giving it a less pronounced look as they mature. It definitely helps with framing having the temple points rebuilt imo. 

Hey all, 3 Months and 1.5 Weeks (time moves so slowly)

Finally got a haircut almost 2 weeks after I planned to get one, haha but here is a few photos straight after the barber. 

2VcSEj7.png

Gallery Link

LvytfD1.jpg

Side profile look so much better, what the heck

Edited by _lshy
  • Like 1