2770 FUT (NW3.5, hairline, temporal points) with Dr Pathomvanich (Dr Path) - DHT Clinic, Bangkok, Thailand (Videos)

_lshy

9 minutes ago, _lshy said:

Thanks everyone. Update coming in the next few days - I cannot believe how it looks. I have never felt so good about my hair in my entire life 🤣

Great to hear ! Look forward to the update 👍🏽

• Like 1

On 4/3/2022 at 4:52 AM, blast said:

I'm not OP but I found Dr. Path offered a much more detailed consultation than Dr. Laorwong. I had 30min video discussion with Dr. Path (extremely nice guy!) whereas Dr. Laorwong's rep just gave me a 1 sentence reply and appeared quite blunt with replies. I think this was more of a language barrier thing but in the end it left me feeling much more confident with Dr. Path.

Had exactly the same experience with my consults.

Dr Path might be one of the most underrated HT docs on these forums from I can gather. He created this technique for FUT called the 'open technique' where you get almost none (if any) transection and minimal scarring. It's the same FUT technique Dr Wong uses but it takes about an extra 45 mins of work and requires more training so not many docs are willing to do it. Even Dr C*** who makes these hilarious anti-FUT propaganda videos praised it publicly. 

If anything I found Dr Path's donor estimate a little too conservative (I ultimately ended up going to Dr Wong instead after a last minute opening) but admittedly my case was difficult and I think that conservatism is just his style. Really helpful otherwise.  

On 4/3/2022 at 8:15 AM, _lshy said:

Thanks everyone. Update coming in the next few days - I cannot believe how it looks. I have never felt so good about my hair in my entire life

Awesome to hear! Looking forward to more updates

19 hours ago, _lshy said:

Thanks everyone. Update coming in the next few days - I cannot believe how it looks. I have never felt so good about my hair in my entire life 🤣

Damn, I'm pumped 🤣 Is it weird to be excited for another man to show you his hair progress pictures? 

• Haha 1

On 4/3/2022 at 6:52 PM, blast said:

I'm not OP but I found Dr. Path offered a much more detailed consultation than Dr. Laorwong. I had 30min video discussion with Dr. Path (extremely nice guy!) whereas Dr. Laorwong's rep just gave me a 1 sentence reply and appeared quite blunt with replies. I think this was more of a language barrier thing but in the end it left me feeling much more confident with Dr. Path.

Had exactly the same experiences with my consults. 

Dr Path might be one of the most underrated docs on these forums as far as i can tell. He created this technique for FUT called the 'open technique' where you get almost none (if any) transection and due to the limited amount of tissue damage this minimises any scarring as well. It's the same technique Dr Wong uses, but it takes about an extra 45 mins of work and requires more training so most FUT docs aren't willing to do it.

If anything I found Dr Path's donor estimate a little too conservative but I think that's just his style. Really helpful.

On 4/3/2022 at 10:15 PM, _lshy said:

Awesome to hear! 

Edited by anotherbaldguy
  • Like 1

On 4/3/2022 at 10:15 PM, _lshy said:

Looking forward to it! 

Month 4
Exactly 121 days since surgery

I got an ambitiously short haircut today to see how short I can go before the scar is visible and I certainly found that point.

I don't really mind it showing, it'll be hidden in a week or two as my hair grows out. I think with a slightly lower fade it wouldn't be visible at all.

I discovered that my hair looks most natural when it's longer so I lost a few points of hair-confidence there but overall I am extremely pleased with the growth. A little bit bummed because it's been looking great longer and I wanted to share that but I'll do that in the next update.

Apparently from month 4 things start ramping up. I cannot wait for my peaks to start filling out!

2pSG7hS.png

Side profile. Temporal points are really starting to blend in. I'm really impressed by their density and naturalness

Gallery of peaks

JruRmgA.png

Gallery of scar

JaVfcJd.png

Edited by _lshy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, J.A.C said:

Looking really good dude 😎 Thanks for the update 🙏

Haha nah nah, thank you for following along and sharing in my excitement 🙏

• Like 1

• Administrators
11 hours ago, _lshy said:

Month 4
Exactly 121 days since surgery

I got an ambitiously short haircut today to see how short I can go before the scar is visible and I certainly found that point.

I don't really mind it showing, it'll be hidden in a week or two as my hair grows out. I think with a slightly lower fade it wouldn't be visible at all.

I discovered that my hair looks most natural when it's longer so I lost a few points of hair-confidence there but overall I am extremely pleased with the growth. A little bit bummed because it's been looking great longer and I wanted to share that but I'll do that in the next update.

Apparently from month 4 things start ramping up. I cannot wait for my peaks to start filling out!

2pSG7hS.png

Side profile. Temporal points are really starting to blend in. I'm really impressed by their density and naturalness

Gallery of peaks

JruRmgA.png

Gallery of scar

JaVfcJd.png

Definitely a big improvement 👏🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 4/16/2022 at 4:28 AM, Hairdom said:

The temporal peaks made the biggest change of your appearance, so youthful in comparison to before photos

I'm really glad that before I went for the surgery I spent a year messing around with hair systems. Originally I didn't even know that temporal peaks were a thing. Obviously I could see them in other people but I never mentally registered them as a target for restoration.

After trying lots of different hair systems and failing to understand why they never looked right, I eventually realised it was because my temporal peaks had receded and it wasn't possible to glue hair to the sides of my head. I actually made mock ups of my temporal peaks using cut-offs from hair systems to see what it would look like and that confirmed it for me - either I go bald or I get surgery.

When speaking with Dr Path I emphasised asking for temporal point restoration. 

Does he do fue as well?

Yes, he offered me both and even combined. He said that sometimes with FUT alone, though you get high graft count yield, you might not get the individual grafts you need (like a hairline needs single grafts) so a combined extraction might be worthwhile to maximise the cosmetic outcome as the surgeon can pick graft follicle counts.

I told him to do whatever he needed to do for the best outcome.

4.5 months Easter Update

Got a few close ups under some directly overhead (piercing) lighting. It's pretty crazy how well it's blending in. The temporal peaks are a bit darker than my native hairs and I suspect the density of the peaks is actually higher than my native hair density.

The scar is still red and you can see the colour with this length of hair, if you shine a flashlight on it. It's not visible in normal lighting conditions.

z3yECKi.png

Gallery Link

Edited by _lshy
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, _lshy said:

I'm really glad that before I went for the surgery I spent a year messing around with hair systems. Originally I didn't even know that temporal peaks were a thing. Obviously I could see them in other people but I never mentally registered them as a target for restoration.

After trying lots of different hair systems and failing to understand why they never looked right, I eventually realised it was because my temporal peaks had receded and it wasn't possible to glue hair to the sides of my head. I actually made mock ups of my temporal peaks using cut-offs from hair systems to see what it would look like and that confirmed it for me - either I go bald or I get surgery.

When speaking with Dr Path I emphasised asking for temporal point restoration. 

Yes, he offered me both and even combined. He said that sometimes with FUT alone, though you get high graft count yield, you might not get the individual grafts you need (like a hairline needs single grafts) so a combined extraction might be worthwhile to maximise the cosmetic outcome as the surgeon can pick graft follicle counts.

I told him to do whatever he needed to do for the best outcome.

4.5 months Easter Update

Got a few close ups under some directly overhead (piercing) lighting. It's pretty crazy how well it's blending in. The temporal peaks are a bit darker than my native hairs and I suspect the density of the peaks is actually higher than my native hair density.

The scar is still red and you can see the colour with this length of hair, if you shine a flashlight on it. It's not visible in normal lighting conditions.

z3yECKi.png

Gallery Link

Wow insane results. I just posted a thread about Dr. P actually. I said many don’t talk about him how high quality is he to a Eugenix. Clearly your results speak to its own. I should schedule a consult with him but I am 12 hours behind

• Like 1

6 hours ago, _lshy said:

After trying lots of different hair systems and failing to understand why they never looked right, I eventually realised it was because my temporal peaks had receded and it wasn't possible to glue hair to the sides of my head. 

I experienced something very similar. A previous surgeon placed my hairline far too low (6cm from the glabella even though I'm a NW5) and my temple points were completely receded, so not matter what i did my hairline always looked fake.

6 hours ago, _lshy said:

4.5 months Easter Update

I believe temple point restoration is transplanted around 25 FU/cm - so effectively half the density of the hairline. That's why they usually require less grafts despite the area size.

Admittedly im really impressed at your results already even though you're only at 4.5 months post op - it's completely changed the proportions of your face. My understanding is that with temple points it is preferable to have some length in order to blend with the areas behind it, but if you like keeping your sides short i'd probably consider trying a touch of hair dye in the future to make the area behind darker. 

Although it's far too early to do anything yet though. Hope you're enjoying the ride.

• 3 weeks later...

5 Months

I cannot believe how much better I look and feel with a decent hairline.

Before getting the hair transplant, I would use hairspray to cement a forward comb-over - I even had a fear of wind 😅Whenever I would look in the mirror, the first place my eyes would fixate on is my temples.

It's hard to put into words the feeling I get when I look in the mirror now. I go to gym and I am shocked every time I see myself. It feels like a decent hairline synergises so well with my efforts to improve aesthetics anywhere else.

Can you believe that I was 27 on the left and 30 on the right?

nsQkHGF.png

So here's my progress at 5 months, haven't had a haircut in a month

Gallery Link

sGeBCTp.png

And a side profile comparison from the week before the surgery against today

MioadVl.png

• Thanks 1