2770 FUT (NW3.5, hairline, temporal points) with Dr Pathomvanich (Dr Path) - DHT Clinic, Bangkok, Thailand (Videos)

_lshy

• Administrators

@_lshy
Hows the hair looking? Would love to see an update.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/15/2022 at 10:41 PM, Etownone said:

Amazing work.    Congrats. 

I had my strip scar filled with beard grafts.    And the scar is now completely gone.    

How does your beard area look after extracting grafts from that area? Is there quite a visible mark?

On 10/27/2022 at 7:49 AM, Kdegen said:

How does your beard area look after extracting grafts from that area? Is there quite a visible mark?

I was super worried about that too,  but to be completely honest.    Zero scarring in my case.   You can not tell at all.   

I did have a great dr though.. Dr Mwamba 

On 7/15/2022 at 11:57 AM, _lshy said:

Hey all 7 months & 1 week

I am currently in Bangkok, working remotely (I'm in software). Dropped by Dr Path's office for a follow up and they took some photos.

Scar

They measured the scar and it was 4mm - which I believe is actually not great and on the larger size. I don't know what is normal here but that seems a bit large.

Hasson & Wong and Feller & Bloxham cite their benchmark at a 1mm scar but I have seen that even they have some wider outcomes (saw 15mm by F&B on here). I think younger people are more likely to have wider scars due to having more flexible scalps.

I'm a bit disappointed not to have a scar that would give me more flexibility to wear my hair shorter but in the end, I look so much better after the surgery - even if the scar is wider than I'd hoped.

If it's super noticeable I might consider SMP or maybe a follow up surgery to fill in my crown a bit and fix up the scar.

Results

Other than a larger than desirable scar, the results are incredible so far. I still have 5 months until I hit the 12 month mark. I don't know for sure, but I assume things slow down in terms of gains from here - so I shouldn't expect much more.

Here you can see a before/after

LcTYpSx.png

uV5hpH3.png

And the full gallery

2idBA72.png

Insane that this is only 7 months.. really difficult case too because of the retrograde alopecia but the end result is seriously a work of art,  congrats mate

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2022 at 9:35 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Mate, 

I remember when you were researching and had decided on a place until you came here. I'm glad that you made the right choice. You look amazing. As for the scar, yes it's not ideal. But some FUE into the scar would improve it alot.

On 7/15/2022 at 5:57 PM, _lshy said:

Hey all 7 months & 1 week

I am currently in Bangkok, working remotely (I'm in software). Dropped by Dr Path's office for a follow up and they took some photos.

Scar

They measured the scar and it was 4mm - which I believe is actually not great and on the larger size. I don't know what is normal here but that seems a bit large.

Hasson & Wong and Feller & Bloxham cite their benchmark at a 1mm scar but I have seen that even they have some wider outcomes (saw 15mm by F&B on here). I think younger people are more likely to have wider scars due to having more flexible scalps.

I'm a bit disappointed not to have a scar that would give me more flexibility to wear my hair shorter but in the end, I look so much better after the surgery - even if the scar is wider than I'd hoped.

If it's super noticeable I might consider SMP or maybe a follow up surgery to fill in my crown a bit and fix up the scar.

Results

Other than a larger than desirable scar, the results are incredible so far. I still have 5 months until I hit the 12 month mark. I don't know for sure, but I assume things slow down in terms of gains from here - so I shouldn't expect much more.

Here you can see a before/after

LcTYpSx.png

uV5hpH3.png

And the full gallery

2idBA72.png

I'm leaning more in more to have my transplant with Dr. Path with these kind of patient results, i do hope he's pretty good with diffused thinners as well like me. An update would also be nice. I'm happy for you too, and also jealous. I bet it just does wonders to your confidence to know you have that kind lf hair now. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Administrators

@_lshy

would love to see an update.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 1 month later...
  • Valued Contributor
57 minutes ago, george_nz_1 said:

Hi @_lshy,  just wanted to say thanks for such a detailed post.  Really helped me

I'm in Auckland New Zealand and considering a Hair Transplant currently.

I wonder how your scar is healing for the FUT?

@george_nz_1 do your research but do not have it done in New Zealand or Australia. All the best!

• 3 months later...

Hey all, I haven't had the time to take photos and honestly have mostly stopped thinking about my hair but wanted to give an update. These aren't as well shot as the photos I uploaded before but here's a bunch of photos of me in the wild.

I'm very happy with the results, I have a better hairline now than I did before I started losing hair 🤣

I'm 32 but people have commented that I look 28. Before my transplant, which I got at around age 30, people thought I was in my late 30s!

I take 5mg of oral minoxidil and 0.5mg of oral dutasteride every day to maintain it.

One thing that was interesting is that I took a break from minoxidil because I was worried it was giving me dark under eye circles. 3 months after I stopped I had lost what looked like 30% of my hair. It didn't look nearly as thick or nearly as good.

I'd say the transplant alone is a solid foundation, but the medication definitely completes the look and without it I would not be entirely happy with the result.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by _lshy
  • Like 1

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, _lshy said:

Hey all, I haven't had the time to take photos and honestly have mostly stopped thinking about my hair but wanted to give an update. These aren't as well shot as the photos I uploaded before but here's a bunch of photos of me in the wild.

I'm very happy with the results, I have a better hairline now than I did before I started losing hair 🤣

I'm 32 but people have commented that I look 28. Before my transplant, which I got at around age 30, people thought I was in my late 30s!

I take 5mg of oral minoxidil and 0.5mg of oral dutasteride every day to maintain it.

One thing that was interesting is that I took a break from minoxidil because I was worried it was giving me dark under eye circles. 3 months after I stopped I had lost what looked like 30% of my hair. It didn't look nearly as thick or nearly as good.

I'd say the transplant alone is a solid foundation, but the medication definitely completes the look and without it I would not be entirely happy with the result.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

You look great. Honestly I would have thought mid-20s. Dr. Path did an amazing job. Thanks for coming back and sharing with us. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• 3 months later...

Hey @_lshy.

been following your journey from the start and it helped me choose Dr Path too for ~1700 FUE. 5 months later and I’m really happy with the change. A question about dutasteride. It’s pretty expensive and you’re taking one a day. Is there a way you’re getting it cheaper? I got script from doc but Australia doesn’t approve for hairloss yet. Also, it’s fairly strong so I’ve been using it every 4 days with finasteride in between. Like you, I stopped meds for a little bit (big mistake) and now only recently destabilised after 6ish months.