BIG ANNOUNCEMENT-Dr. Hasson Instagram Live December 10th- THIS IS GONNA BE A GOOD ONE!

Watched the interview and it was quite interesting. I am extremely hopeful about this new topical finasteride formulation.

Went on the website and checked. It seems to be a 2.5% finasteride gel. Even with a single application of 1ml per day and a 10% systemic absorption, wouldn't this be equivalent to 2.5mg of finasteride being absorbed systemically ? 

Am I missing something ?

• Like 1

Just checking that this product is not being sold YET, correct? I submitted my name and email as requested and they said they would let me know when they have more updates.

I recall something on the webinar with Dr. Hasson saying they will go live around April.

Just want to ensure that I am not missing something.

3 minutes ago, SLA said:

Just checking that this product is not being sold YET, correct? I submitted my name and email as requested and they said they would let me know when they have more updates.

I recall something on the webinar with Dr. Hasson saying they will go live around April.

Just want to ensure that I am not missing something.

It seems to be available on a limited basis right now. I had mailed them as you said and received an email with further instructions from them. (Do check your spam!!) 

Though my doubt on the dosage has not yet been answered :(

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CuriousAboutHairs said:

Though my doubt on the dosage has not yet been answered :(

Thanks for answering my question @CuriousAboutHairs.

While I don't know the answer to your question, I do know that 2.5% topical finasteride is I think the highest concentration that can be used.

I am sure someone else might have more knowledge to answer your question.

Just now, SLA said:

Thanks for answering my question @CuriousAboutHairs.

While I don't know the answer to your question, I do know that 2.5% topical finasteride is I think the highest concentration that can be used.

I am sure someone else might have more knowledge to answer your question.

I meant it hasn't yet been answered by Xyon :) though I would be extremely happy if someone here can help clarify.

I had posted the same question to their dermatologist.

• Like 1

Update: Didn't really get a satisfying answer from Xyon. They just said it wouldn't be correct to follow the above calculations for topical solution.

Honestly, I was hoping this to be a 0.25% solution considering most studies were done on that concentration. 2.5% seems a bit tooooo high. Unfortunately, will give it a pass as I have not received a satisfactory answer on such a high concentration dose.

Just curious, anyone else thinking of trying this ?

I am confident that if Hasson is releasing and putting his name to it that it is okay. Sounds as if through extensive research of over 6 years, they have arrived at the 'perfect' formula that has little systemic absorption.

To me the most important thing is lack of systemic absorption and not the amount of finasteride in the concentration.

10 minutes ago, SLA said:

I am confident that if Hasson is releasing and putting his name to it that it is okay. Sounds as if through extensive research of over 6 years, they have arrived at the 'perfect' formula that has little systemic absorption.

To me the most important thing is lack of systemic absorption and not the amount of finasteride in the concentration.

Yeah, I see your point. Just was looking forward to start with lower dosage. 

Are you ordering this ?

• Administrators
10 hours ago, CuriousAboutHairs said:

Update: Didn't really get a satisfying answer from Xyon. They just said it wouldn't be correct to follow the above calculations for topical solution.

Honestly, I was hoping this to be a 0.25% solution considering most studies were done on that concentration. 2.5% seems a bit tooooo high. Unfortunately, will give it a pass as I have not received a satisfactory answer on such a high concentration dose.

Just curious, anyone else thinking of trying this ?

Why wouldn’t you just microdose?!

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, CuriousAboutHairs said:

Yeah, I see your point. Just was looking forward to start with lower dosage. 

Are you ordering this ?

I am not really concerned about concentration given lack of going systemic.

I am strongly considering ordering, but I have not yet received anything from Xyon after submitting my name and email (I did get an initial email saying they will let me know when product is available, etc.).

After 1.5 years, started to develop mild gyno sides on oral finasteride. I laid off for 30 days and am now on .5mg daily for a couple of weeks and seem to be doing pretty well. I added stinging nettle and grape seed extract to my daily intake which are natural aromatase inhibitors- stinging nettle stops testosterone from converting to estrogen which I think was the issue- might also create more free testosterone. I have had a welcome increase of my libido and have been pretty much side effect free.

More info than you probably needed, but that's where I am at.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SLA said:

I am not really concerned about concentration given lack of going systemic.

I am strongly considering ordering, but I have not yet received anything from Xyon after submitting my name and email (I did get an initial email saying they will let me know when product is available, etc.).

After 1.5 years, started to develop mild gyno sides on oral finasteride. I laid off for 30 days and am now on .5mg daily for a couple of weeks and seem to be doing pretty well. I added stinging nettle and grape seed extract to my daily intake which are natural aromatase inhibitors- stinging nettle stops testosterone from converting to estrogen which I think was the issue- might also create more free testosterone. I have had a welcome increase of my libido and have been pretty much side effect free.

More info than you probably needed, but that's where I am at.

Thanks for sharing!

I haven't ever taken finasteride before but am strongly considering starting with topical. 

• Like 2

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Did Dr Hasson give a thesis as to why their topical dutasteride is only reducing serum DHT by 10% compared to their topical fin at 30% ? Did he mention the molecular weight being key to this? 

Yea he did

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Interesting discussion so far. 

I tried liposomal finasteride back in 2018, 1% concentration, from Farmacia Paratti. I unfortunately got sides - even when applying it every other day. They did thankfully go away a couple months after stopping. 

Im considering trying again, maybe at an even lower dose (0.1%). I was micro needling at the time (always a few days break between needling and fin), and was also applying rogaine- which may have dissolved the liposomal gel. 

Maybe the place I got it from was bad. I’ll see if I can try this formulation. 

Very interested to try the dutasteride. Have read it has a molecular weight that cannot absorb thru the scalp so easily - maybe it’s less risky than fin in this case?

10 minutes ago, Mihaly said:

Interesting discussion so far. 

I tried liposomal finasteride back in 2018, 1% concentration, from Farmacia Paratti. I unfortunately got sides - even when applying it every other day. They did thankfully go away a couple months after stopping. 

Im considering trying again, maybe at an even lower dose (0.1%). I was micro needling at the time (always a few days break between needling and fin), and was also applying rogaine- which may have dissolved the liposomal gel. 

Maybe the place I got it from was bad. I’ll see if I can try this formulation. 

Very interested to try the dutasteride. Have read it has a molecular weight that cannot absorb thru the scalp so easily - maybe it’s less risky than fin in this case?

My memory is foggy but I think Dr. Hasson said that Liposomal actually increased systemic absorption 

4 hours ago, deeznuts said:

My memory is foggy but I think Dr. Hasson said that Liposomal actually increased systemic absorption 

Yes he did - he explained that because it is such a good carrier vehicle, it was making the solution go too systemic, hence the requirement for them to develop the ‘liquid pod’ type liposomes, to limit the systemic absorption. 

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 12:34 AM, CuriousAboutHairs said:

Watched the interview and it was quite interesting. I am extremely hopeful about this new topical finasteride formulation.

Went on the website and checked. It seems to be a 2.5% finasteride gel. Even with a single application of 1ml per day and a 10% systemic absorption, wouldn't this be equivalent to 2.5mg of finasteride being absorbed systemically ? 

Am I missing something ?

From https://www.xyonhealth.com/ ? I'm not able to see the % on the website.

On 12/21/2021 at 8:47 PM, Mihaly said:

That has been my experience. I now get the solution with min in it as as well. I think it's the alcohol or pg in rogaine which dissolved it. I've even tried it the day after and it still rushes the sides. 

Yes I’m confused too. As the poster said above at 2.5% with 10% absorbing isn’t that like taking .25 of finesteride systemically with each application?

Melvin: in addition to above question you mentioned on your chat with Dr Hasson that you would post the photos of the patients that were displayed right after the talk. Have you posted those somewhere yet? Thanks.

On 12/26/2021 at 1:49 AM, HairRun said:

That has been my experience. I now get the solution with min in it as as well. I think it's the alcohol or pg in rogaine which dissolved it. I've even tried it the day after and it still rushes the sides. 

@HairRun - are you saying you got side effects even when using lower dosage liposomal fin? I've requested a 0.025% fin and 5% min liposomal mix from Farmacia Paratti.  Bummer if it doesn't end up making a difference!

Maybe Dr. Hasson's formula is better though? Will check out xyonhealth.com

• Like 1

Just watched a video on topical finasteride by the hair loss show - the old guy said that the conversion of T -> DHT via 5AR occurs in the Liver, hence the original requirement for oral finasteride. 

Did Dr Hasson dispel this, claiming that you are able to locally block the conversion at a local level by inhibiting the 5AR enzymes in the scalp and hair tissue?