Asmed 3500 grafts -7 months in

Frustrated

2 minutes ago, Fue3361 said:

Yeah, just nail the next one and you're set to go.

And who knows, you might be a very fast responder and see very fast growth.  

This was me at 2 months:  CDDB1FDE-D654-4F29-A1AA-A586E3E8DDFB.thu

Then this was me 18 days later (2 months 18 days):
2CC01A01-4915-440D-ADCC-FFD172A245C1.thu

So all in all, I think I'll personally be able to go about my day at month 4 probably looking relatively decent.  If that's the case for you, maybe in 10 months you'll be set (if not earlier, due to existing grafts from first HT).

Looks awesome man and thank you so much for lifting my spirits and giving hope 🙏

1 minute ago, Frustrated said:

Looks awesome man and thank you so much for lifting my spirits and giving hope 🙏

Of course.  What sucks is that you did your due dilligence, and the Clinic actually used to be good :( Could happen to any of us.

Me personally, I was on a 1 year waiting list (my surgeon has long waiting lists).  I'd be extremely pissed if the quality of the Clinic changed over said year and I got a bad result just due to the Doctor's greed.  

Just a very unfortunate circumstance for you.  But hey, when compared to people who have no donor area left and are left with no way out, all you've lost is a few months.  Your donor looks good and I'm sure you'll end up in a good place soon.  Could have been much worse.

Check out my journey here:

48 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

To your point, If they had just taken the time to ‘consult’ and provide post op care I’d be at least appeased and wouldn’t have bothered airing my grievances, but constantly hearing ‘give it another 6 months’ after dishing out thousands of Euros is insulting. It’s turning into a proper headfuck within every aspect of my life being impacted (including work).

Yes, i agree, i just said that at least would be by some moral-ethic's side nice and professional by asmed to respond better way you, else allow you to strugle with reading repeating message of some non-medical staff (coordinator) , it's type of support like call ISP and 1st level support whole time repeat "did you try reset your router" and continue repeat it, until get real technical department to fix it, here you are left without real support, which they do based on fact "real results you can see after 12m" , it happened few other HRN members here, clinics which not ready listen patients and offer them some workround, meeting, checkings additional, whatever by medical side = clinics which we need avoid.

Yes, really understand you, not easy be in your position, just hope next 1-3 months will happen changes or some improve.

Yes, can imagine, i deal much with people too, due to my business projects, travel much, and then can understand you, about meetings, social life, etc. , this situation much impact...

And this they did, if they did, i mean about giving you analgo-sedation without any serious checkings pre-analgo sedation and without your sedation = criminal act, which deserve involving appropriate inspection, lawyer, court, etc. , but as i know situation in TR solid, there will be difficult deal with them, as they sure have many connections, covered by all sides, however, don't give up, i will not, even will cost me much time-money, will try make it clear, one bad thing is that you didnt check immediately after HT was there done analgo-sedation, if you doubted about it, this way you would have real proof. Just wish you all to be solved ASAP, and try be calm down as much, as you can, just think there is much more difficult things, like serious ilness, loosing some near person, family etc. , hope this will be solved ASAP.

Suggest you before decide 2nd repair HT, to check your scalp recipient area, and quality of your grafts, blood, blood flood, etc. ,  to see is there anything wrong by them, what could influent on your results in future...

• Valued Contributor

@Frustrated

Asmed Clinic is now a member of  HT Mentor group of exceptional surgeons. 

Part of that means you can raise a dispute through and he should advocate on your behalf. I’d definitely reach out to him and see if that helps get you some answers at least. 

Best of luck and I hope things improve. I’m sat here having just finished my first FUE this morning so like you, I’m in the boat of waiting & hoping to see everything manifest into a good result. I know how I’d feel if I were in your shoes in 6 months time. 

4 hours ago, Berba11 said:

@Frustrated

Asmed Clinic is now a member of  HT Mentor group of exceptional surgeons. 

Part of that means you can raise a dispute through and he should advocate on your behalf. I’d definitely reach out to him and see if that helps get you some answers at least. 

Best of luck and I hope things improve. I’m sat here having just finished my first FUE this morning so like you, I’m in the boat of waiting & hoping to see everything manifest into a good result. I know how I’d feel if I were in your shoes in 6 months time. 

Thanks I do appreciate this, but this confirms to me that Koray places more importance on his own public image and self attention, as opposed to medical ethics and overall welfare of his patients. 

No issues if you want to be a rockstar (I played in live bands for years), but have the decency to back it up with tangible results on the table.

this is serious attention whoring which was evident when I was in the clinic with his 10+ groupies following him like a lapdog. 

i had several issues which were raised directly and was pushed away with political statements and zero care. Why would anybody have to go to a 3rd party to get answers? Ridiculous…

Thanks again but I’ll be seeking my ongoing repairs from this catastrophic failure as far away as possible from the source of the problem.

cheers

unfortunately , most patients planning to have HT , only look at youtube , clinic website and Instagram and don't have a closer look on forums .. 

only exceptional results of the clinic are published on youtube ,instagram , etc ..  "specially when considering lot of surgeries are done per day , so it's enough to pick one good result every now and then and post it online" .. one moment in history ASMED was my first choice and my only concern was excessive grafts numbers used , until i was lucky to find  HRN .

Previously i was frustrated by clinics having exceptional wait time "1 year +" which mean you have to wait like 1.5-2 years to get your result .. but now i see at least such clinics are more professional and only accept amount of patients they can professionally handle pre and post surgery "many of them  run 1-2 surgeries only  per day while they can easily have more patients per day and earn more money .. " 

24 minutes ago, H.K said:

unfortunately , most patients planning to have HT , only look at youtube , clinic website and Instagram and don't have a closer look on forums .. 

only exceptional results of the clinic are published on youtube ,instagram , etc ..  "specially when considering lot of surgeries are done per day , so it's enough to pick one good result every now and then and post it online" .. one moment in history ASMED was my first choice and my only concern was excessive grafts numbers used , until i was lucky to find  HRN .

Previously i was frustrated by clinics having exceptional wait time "1 year +" which mean you have to wait like 1.5-2 years to get your result .. but now i see at least such clinics are more professional and only accept amount of patients they can professionally handle pre and post surgery "many of them  run 1-2 surgeries only  per day while they can easily have more patients per day and earn more money .. " 

Fine I’ll do that and it will be comprehensive and to the point

I will spread the word far and wide that this clinic is a scam and I sincerely hope nobody else has to go thru this.

Trust me

Edited by Frustrated

Let none of us be naive. If this is what he is seeing after almost 6 months it's a virtual guarantee that it will not be a home run result. That being said it CAN improve a bit for sure, but overall for a whopping 3500 grafts in what is a relatively small area for said number of grafts, it should be looking much more dense and it's clear the density will not end up being there unfortunately. I do wonder what went wrong though that would have affected the growth.

2 hours ago, ML488 said:

Let none of us be naive. If this is what he is seeing after almost 6 months it's a virtual guarantee that it will not be a home run result. That being said it CAN improve a bit for sure, but overall for a whopping 3500 grafts in what is a relatively small area for said number of grafts, it should be looking much more dense and it's clear the density will not end up being there unfortunately. I do wonder what went wrong though that would have affected the growth.

Thank you. Explanation from the clinic would be ethical but seems I have Buckley’s chance of that!

as for a home run, I would’ve been happy to reach first base! But sorry, wait 6 months is the official line.

Screw these pricks after dishing out over 6K Euro

2 hours ago, Frustrated said:

Thank you. Explanation from the clinic would be ethical but seems I have Buckley’s chance of that!

as for a home run, I would’ve been happy to reach first base! But sorry, wait 6 months is the official line.

after dishing out over 6K Euro

Did they give you any kind of "guarantee"? It's possible maybe you can get some of your money back after a year.

4 hours ago, AZ67 said:

if he was completely sedated during incision process, then how can he be sure that Dr Koray Erdogan indeed did the incisions ???

In fact, the doubt is precisely this: that he paid for the doctor's involvement, but that in reality it was not at all like this.

i believe from number of grafts you had and operation price .. you went to the middle option they offer .. This option includes planning of operation done by dr koray , incisions done by "dr koray + ASMED team" .. co-ordination and follow-up of extraction by dr koray .. 

so after planning , dr koray was possibly involved only and partially in incisions phase .

in my opinion it's a worrying sign that more and more clinic are delegating critical tasks to the assistants which can have different skill levels .. the problem is that you can easily know dr koray capabilities in advance  , but it's a matter of luck which of the assistants will be with you on operation day , it's a gamble !

23 minutes ago, Egy said:

In fact, the doubt is precisely this: that he paid for the doctor's involvement, but that in reality it was not at all like this.

well we do not know that. Nobody knows actually...

In the top package of Asmed clinic (2.5 euro/graft), Dr Erdogan does all the slits and analysis and planning while on the mid package (1.9 euro per graft) Dr Erdogan  does the slits of hairline and temples and analysis-planning, while the rest of slits are done by other doctor of clinic. So Dr Erdogan is involved in both top and mid package of Asmed clinic.

Edited by AZ67

13 minutes ago, H.K said:

i believe from number of grafts you had and operation price .. you went to the middle option they offer .. This option includes planning of operation done by dr koray , incisions done by "dr koray + ASMED team" .. co-ordination and follow-up of extraction by dr koray .. 

so after planning , dr koray was possibly involved only and partially in incisions phase .

in my opinion it's a worrying sign that more and more clinic are delegating critical tasks to the assistants which can have different skill levels .. the problem is that you can easily know dr koray capabilities in advance  , but it's a matter of luck which of the assistants will be with you on operation day , it's a gamble !

Incorrect. I went for the top tier with erdogan doing the work. I got a discount because I’m a Turkish citizen.

then again i was drugged so who knows what happened!

Edited by Frustrated

4 minutes ago, AZ67 said:

well we do not know that. Nobody knows actually...

In the top package of Asmed clinic (2.5 euro/graft), Dr Erdogan does all the slits and analysis and planning while on the mid package (1.9 euro per graft) Dr Erdogan  does the slits of hairline and temples and analysis-planning, while the rest of slits are done by other doctor of clinic. So Dr Erdogan is involved in both top and mid package of Asmed clinic.

Top tier 2.5€ (except I got a discount because I’m a TR citizen

10 minutes ago, H.K said:

2.5€ per graft except i got a slight discount because I served in my countries (Turkey) army. I’m a dual TR citizen.

1 hour ago, H.K said:

2.5€ per graft (except I’m tr citizen so slight discount).

1 hour ago, Frustrated said:

Fuck this bullshit.. going to rahal to get a proper repair.

I dont think this language is going to get you very far to get this solved unfortunaly. 

Did you have any biopsy with a Dermatologist? 

Its only been 6 months so things can improve, lets see what the coming months do.

Edited by digi23

• Administrators

@Frustrated

This is a professional forum. While you are allowed to be upset, there’s no reason to use profanity. I won’t allow it. There’s also no reason to go on other threads to try and spread an agenda. I will not allow it.

Frankly, we removed Dr. Erdogan over a year ago from our list. We had several complaints and we had some proof posted that there were multiple surgeries a day upwards of 6-8. That being said, it has appeared as if his results have improved from the past two years. However, no surgeon is perfect. 

I suggest you allow the FULL 12 months before casting judgment. We have multiple people post frequently upset at 6-7 months and then disappear once they have satisfactory results. But the damage is done, people start to believe that you can decide results halfway through, and not only that the surgeons reputation is tarnished. We’re about being open, transparent, and fair, but doing that is neither. In the meantime, I have suspended you from posting, after spending almost 20 minutes cleaning up this thread from profanity, you need a break from posting. When you come back, you can participate, as long as you abide by the rules, otherwise your posting privileges will be suspended indefinitely.  If you’d like to speak further, feel free to pm me.

Onwards,

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor
35 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

@Frustrated

This is a professional forum. While you are allowed to be upset, there’s no reason to use profanity. I won’t allow it. There’s also no reason to go on other threads to try and spread an agenda. I will not allow it.

Frankly, we removed Dr. Erdogan over a year ago from our list. We had several complaints and we had some proof posted that there were multiple surgeries a day upwards of 6-8. That being said, it has appeared as if his results have improved from the past two years. However, no surgeon is perfect. 

I suggest you allow the FULL 12 months before casting judgment. We have multiple people post frequently upset at 6-7 months and then disappear once they have satisfactory results. But the damage is done, people start to believe that you can decide results halfway through, and not only that the surgeons reputation is tarnished. We’re about being open, transparent, and fair, but doing that is neither. In the meantime, I have suspended you form posting, after spending almost 20 minutes cleaning up this thread from profanity, you need a break from posting. When you come back, you can participate, as long as you abide by the rules, otherwise your posting privileges will be suspended indefinitely.  If you’d like to speak further, feel free to pm me.

Onwards,

Melvin,

I noticed JT’s name has been removed from my post. Is there a rule I’m not aware of that I can’t mention his name?

Fine if there is, just curious as to why?

Cheers

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Melvin,

I noticed JT’s name has been removed from my post. Is there a rule I’m not aware of that I can’t mention his name?

Fine if there is, just curious as to why?

Cheers

Yes, it has been this way for quite some time. Pm me if you want details. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I'm newer here, so obviously not my place, but if I had a result like this after seven months, I'd be utterly devastated. I don't blame the poor fellow one it for spreading warnings about ASMED. Hopefully his ban isn't for long.

To call this 'not a home-run' after 7 months is putting very mildly. This is easily one of the worst results I've seen, and if it wasn't for the name behind it, I'd think users would be piling on and, perhaps rightfully, deeming this a 'hair-mill' result. I'm particularly disappointed because I was incredibly close to pulling the trigger with ASMED in my initial stages (at a point when I'd done less research). Fortunately, in the consultation, I had a bad feeling and the insistence of using 4000+ grafts when every other ethical doctor suggested doing no more than 2,500 grafts told me all that I'd needed to know.

It's clear that this particular clinic often uses too many grafts and has fairly egregious post-patient care. Best of luck @Frustrated -- we are wishing you luck in your repair.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Z-- said:

I'm newer here, so obviously not my place, but if I had a result like this after seven months, I'd be utterly devastated. I don't blame the poor fellow one it for spreading warnings about ASMED. Hopefully his ban isn't for long.

To call this 'not a home-run' after 7 months is putting very mildly. This is easily one of the worst results I've seen, and if it wasn't for the name behind it, I'd think users would be piling on and, perhaps rightfully, deeming this a 'hair-mill' result. I'm particularly disappointed because I was incredibly close to pulling the trigger with ASMED in my initial stages (at a point when I'd done less research). Fortunately, in the consultation, I had a bad feeling and the insistence of using 4000+ grafts when every other ethical doctor suggested doing no more than 2,500 grafts told me all that I'd needed to know.

It's clear that this particular clinic often uses too many grafts and has fairly egregious post-patient care. Best of luck @Frustrated -- we are wishing you luck in your repair.

Agreed

Check out my journey here: