Asmed 3500 grafts -7 months in

Frustrated

@AZ67Ok here are the pics I could salvage from the usb they gave me. Most of the photos were corrupt and couldn’t be opened once I got the stick home (see the bottom photo is cropped with grey - others are completely corrupt).

you can clearly see it’s their surgery. 

0AA0F144-BEE3-415B-826D-09874CC20130.jpeg

8A226E8B-96C4-4358-9CBB-6CCC54C593AC.jpeg

99F85308-639F-4133-9FB5-D9E7D6307B38.jpeg

3FCD7D50-D1CA-4CF6-BD00-7EACD6E951CD.jpeg

Edited by Frustrated

9 hours ago, 5BetaReductase said:

Very sorry to hear about this.

you said you know who you are going to for repair. Who will that be?

Appreciate the empathy mate. This is really tough to deal with on so many levels. I can’t work (client facing consultant), social life is screwed, self confidence shattered, surgery not standing by client. Can’t shave or grow out (both look ridiculous).

anyways, seriously considering HLC for a repair. Or I may look into DHI clinic here in Hong Kong. 

I have 6 months of waiting so plenty of time to perform some in-depth research. But sucks that I won’t have a solid result for another 18months or so now 😞

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed profanity do not post profanity

3 minutes ago, Egy said:

There are many options for a repair, in Europe such as Feriduni, Mwamba, De Freitas, you have time, forget Hong Kong.

Thanks I’ll add these to the list.

Travel is a big issue that’s why I’m considering local. 2 to 3 weeks quarantine which I pay for when I return home (between 2.5 to 4K just for quarantine accommodation).

more problems 🙄

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, Ajamilo said:

is always quiet when pasients share bad experiments or bad result on here. They are fools who should not be taken seriously

Asmed answered only in the threads of patients whose transplant (fortunately) went well, they never intervened instead in those threads where the transplant failed, then, when this was pointed out to him, they  stopped commenting on the good ones too. @FrustratedTry to open the threads of your experience also on the European forums, you will see that within a few hours, your thread will be deleted.

Edited by Egy

37 minutes ago, Egy said:

Asmed answered only in the threads of patients whose transplant (fortunately) went well, they never intervened instead in those threads where the transplant failed, then, when this was pointed out to him, they  stopped commenting on the good ones too. @FrustratedTry to open the threads of your experience also on the European forums, you will see that within a few hours, your thread will be deleted.

We’ll if they don’t respond then that shows unprofessionalism and lack of ownership on their part which can only harm their reputation.

at the very least people here who read my post are hopefully more informed about Asmed and that even paying top dollar for a supposed globally renowned surgeon doesn’t automatically mean a successful result. 

Edited by Frustrated

6 hours ago, Frustrated said:

@AZ67Ok here are the pics I could salvage from the usb they gave me. Most of the photos were corrupt and couldn’t be opened once I got the stick home (see the bottom photo is cropped with grey - others are completely corrupt).

you can clearly see it’s their surgery. 

0AA0F144-BEE3-415B-826D-09874CC20130.jpeg

8A226E8B-96C4-4358-9CBB-6CCC54C593AC.jpeg

99F85308-639F-4133-9FB5-D9E7D6307B38.jpeg

3FCD7D50-D1CA-4CF6-BD00-7EACD6E951CD.jpeg

On second picture it says 3600 on your scalp. But you said you had 3500. So did they implant on you 3500 instead ?

Edited by AZ67

14 hours ago, Frustrated said:

Trust me I was knocked out

That's called analgo-sedation it knocks you out too and not remember anything from moment it's applied to moment they wake up you, it's intra-venous done, but not general-total anesthesia, as 99% of clinics will not take responsibility to do general-total anesthesia, specially no for estethic surgery, analgo-sedation is less danger, but still can be danger, if not done prior to such type anesthesia many checkings, like blood, coagulation time, alergo-checkings, plungs checking, heart checking etc. , so even they did analgo-sedation for you is ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE, as they exposed you to many risks, if i was on your place, will engage good lawyer, and if you have some friends in Instabul, even local lawyer, inspection for your case, as telling will be local anesthesia and then perform analgo-sedation is really bad thing.

Sad to see your story, but it's not 1st asmed failure of HT, if you researched HRN , you could see few more cases failures there, it happens cause there not often doctors perform most important parts of HT, like extraction graft + opening channels, but low-skilled with low experience doctors, or technicians, it happens at most of clinics where 5-10-15-20x per day surgeries performed, difficult to expect, to have 10x good doctors, as good doctors is difficult to pay owner-Koray Erdogan, and good doctors usual open own clinics, Koray Erdogan is there just to put his photos on bilboards and make big artifical false smile on their website, yt, fb, inst. and to see patient 5-15 mins, eventually draw hairline and dissappear, same as your memory disappeared after non-allowed analgo-sedation by them.

But try be patient few months ago, if no bigger improve after 8-9 months, then try some channels press them to react and find root of problem and find some fix for you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Egy said:

...and why he was completely sedated without his knowing first.  But ... they will  never answer ...

if he was completely sedated during incision process, then how can he be sure that Dr Koray Erdogan indeed did the incisions ???

Edited by AZ67

2 minutes ago, blackislback said:

That's called analgo-sedation it knocks you out too and not remember anything from moment it's applied to moment they wake up you, it's intra-venous done, but not general-total anesthesia, as 99% of clinics will not take responsibility to do general-total anesthesia, specially no for estethic surgery, analgo-sedation is less danger, but still can be danger, if not done prior to such type anesthesia many checkings, like blood, coagulation time, alergo-checkings, plungs checking, heart checking etc. , so even they did analgo-sedation for you is ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE, as they exposed you to many risks, if i was on your place, will engage good lawyer, and if you have some friends in Instabul, even local lawyer, inspection for your case, as telling will be local anesthesia and then perform analgo-sedation is really bad thing.

Sad to see your story, but it's not 1st asmed failure of HT, if you researched HRN , you could see few more cases failures there, it happens cause there not often doctors perform most important parts of HT, like extraction graft + opening channels, but low-skilled with low experience doctors, or technicians, it happens at most of clinics where 5-10-15-20x per day surgeries performed, difficult to expect, to have 10x good doctors, as good doctors is difficult to pay owner-Koray Erdogan, and good doctors usual open own clinics, Koray Erdogan is there just to put his photos on bilboards and make big artifical false smile on their website, yt, fb, inst. and to see patient 5-15 mins, eventually draw hairline and dissappear, same as your memory disappeared after non-allowed analgo-sedation by them.

But try be patient few months ago, if no bigger improve after 8-9 months, then try some channels press them to react and find root of problem and find some fix for you.

I’m a dual Turkish citizen living overseas and have family members in country who practice both law and other branches of medicine. Will look into this seriously.

greatly appreciate the insights 

7 minutes ago, AZ67 said:

if he was completely sedated during incision process, then how can he be sure that Dr Koray Erdogan indeed did the incisions ???

This is the biggest question mark I have. If you look at my first pic, my hairline forms a strong ‘J’ pattern then tapers off at the left temple. It’s almost like somebody completely different stepped in at the point due to the inconsistency (although there’s now way I can prove it as I was well under by that point).

this result is really starting to mess with my head (no pun intended)

Edited by Frustrated

3 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

I’m a dual Turkish citizen living overseas and have family members in country who practice both law and other branches of medicine. Will look into this seriously.

greatly appreciate the insights 

That's good, if you are TR citizen, it's then easier deal with them. Yes, that will be good too, to try find way fix it...

Even by legal side, it's very difficult after 7m proof about anesthesia type they used, if you were sure that time it was analgo-sedation, should immediately do checking of your blood by labaratory, as there leave tracks of such analgo-sedation medication used, but after 7m very difficult proove, else your words, and you know how it's going on when word vs word.

About results, hm, at every clinic you sign agreement, which you read, where they clearly write "we don't guarantee about results, as this is esthetic surgery"  , signing this doc = they are absolute protected, so no much tools to fight with them about this part, as many of them will misuse things like saying "your blood not well, your skin not well" etc etc. , but they could see this if checked blood and skin type before surgery, what many of them not do it...

Frankly speaking very difficult deal with them, but don't give up anyway, specially cause you are TR citizen too, hope things will change better, and will be at least better growth in your case, as understand it's very difficult deal with it, without their support, and most of such hairmill clinics are 0 support, else those coordinators, who are not at all medical staff, and most of them are knowledge level of repeating in advance learned few template sentences , like "pls wait 12m, its normal that no growth after 7m, wait 5m more, etc." it's just buying time, and make client calm down, even reality is usual if no result good in 7-8m, difficult expect later... At least they could by moral side, response by doctor, invite you for meeting, check your scalp, blood, offer some fix, 2nd surgery , refund money , or whatever, even i would never do 2nd ht by them, if they did 1st time bad, cant expect magic at 2nd try.

6 hours ago, blackislback said:

That's good, if you are TR citizen, it's then easier deal with them. Yes, that will be good too, to try find way fix it...

Even by legal side, it's very difficult after 7m proof about anesthesia type they used, if you were sure that time it was analgo-sedation, should immediately do checking of your blood by labaratory, as there leave tracks of such analgo-sedation medication used, but after 7m very difficult proove, else your words, and you know how it's going on when word vs word.

About results, hm, at every clinic you sign agreement, which you read, where they clearly write "we don't guarantee about results, as this is esthetic surgery"  , signing this doc = they are absolute protected, so no much tools to fight with them about this part, as many of them will misuse things like saying "your blood not well, your skin not well" etc etc. , but they could see this if checked blood and skin type before surgery, what many of them not do it...

Frankly speaking very difficult deal with them, but don't give up anyway, specially cause you are TR citizen too, hope things will change better, and will be at least better growth in your case, as understand it's very difficult deal with it, without their support, and most of such hairmill clinics are 0 support, else those coordinators, who are not at all medical staff, and most of them are knowledge level of repeating in advance learned few template sentences , like "pls wait 12m, its normal that no growth after 7m, wait 5m more, etc." it's just buying time, and make client calm down, even reality is usual if no result good in 7-8m, difficult expect later... At least they could by moral side, response by doctor, invite you for meeting, check your scalp, blood, offer some fix, 2nd surgery , refund money , or whatever, even i would never do 2nd ht by them, if they did 1st time bad, cant expect magic at 2nd try.

It’s my word against theirs. Not sure how I could prove this. 

To your point, If they had just taken the time to ‘consult’ and provide post op care I’d be at least appeased and wouldn’t have bothered airing my grievances, but constantly hearing ‘give it another 6 months’ after dishing out thousands of Euros is insulting. It’s turning into a proper headscrew within every aspect of my life being impacted (including work).

Theres no way in hell I’m going back to these guys. I’ll see what happens but again to your point laws in Turkey aren’t designed to protect consumers in such scenarios. 

i just hope others take heed and tread carefully when dealing with this clinic, as I clearly did not.

ugh

3 hours ago, Frustrated said:

Appreciate the empathy mate. This is really tough to deal with on so many levels. I can’t work (client facing consultant), social life is fucked, self confidence shattered, surgery not standing by client. Can’t shave or grow out (both look ridiculous).

anyways, seriously considering HLC for a repair. Or I may look into DHI clinic here in Hong Kong. 

I have 6 months of waiting so plenty of time to perform some in-depth research. But sucks that I won’t have a solid result for another 18months or so now 😞

Good news is, you won't have to wait 18 months for a solid result.  With already an established (but bad) first transplant, the second transplant should look quite good 6 months in.  So 6 month wait + 6 months of second HT, I think you'll be looking quite good in 12 months from now.

Check out my journey here:

2 minutes ago, Fue3361 said:

Good news is, you won't have to wait 18 months for a solid result.  With already an established (but bad) first transplant, the second transplant should look quite good 6 months in.  So 6 month wait + 6 months of second HT, I think you'll be looking quite good in 12 months from now.

Thanks mate that is encouraging. All I gotta do is nail the next one so I can at least look fit for public display.

Rahal is looking good.

Edited by Frustrated

1 minute ago, Frustrated said:

Thanks mate that is encouraging. All I gotta do is nail the next one. 
Rahal is looking good.

Yeah, just nail the next one and you're set to go.

And who knows, you might be a very fast responder and see very fast growth.  

This was me at 2 months:  CDDB1FDE-D654-4F29-A1AA-A586E3E8DDFB.thu

Then this was me 18 days later (2 months 18 days):
2CC01A01-4915-440D-ADCC-FFD172A245C1.thu

So all in all, I think I'll personally be able to go about my day at month 4 probably looking relatively decent.  If that's the case for you, maybe in 10 months you'll be set (if not earlier, due to existing grafts from first HT).

Check out my journey here: