FUE Premium Package with Eugenix Hair Sciences November 2021

elicochin

Hello everyone,

Thanks for all your support and feedback to all my previous posts regarding my first FUT and to the subsequent threads on how it turned out. Link to my previous threads at the bottom. I am excited about my upcoming surgery at @Eugenix on November 23 and 24. A quick summary below:

Total grafts 4000 – 4500
2500 scalp grafts  and 1500/2000 beard grafts
Restore crown with full coverage - 3000 mixed grafts
Enhance frontal scalp density and equalize of R/L Frontal temporal angles
Restoration of R/L temporal points - 200 x 2 = scalp 400 grafts

Obviously the final number of grafts will depend on my donor supply. I will spare you the detailed step-by-step; instead I will focus on my overall HT journey and the results of FUE on top of my first FUT. Some pictures taken today (11/19/2021) attached. I have had two video call with Dr. Arika to discuss the overall approach and to set the expectations. So far my experience with Eugenix team have been phenomenal.

As always I appreciate your valuable comments and feedback. I would encourage you to read my previous threads so you will know where I started, the challenges I faced and where I am today getting ready for my second HT.

Thank you.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/57046-fut-scheduled-with-dr-william-lindsey-virginia-july-8-2020/

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/59896-mixed-feelings-after-first-ht-fut/

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/59896-mixed-feelings-after-first-ht-fut/

19NOV21-F.jpg

19NOV21-B.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@elicochin- Any further ideas or insights as to why you obtained the results you did with the 1st surgery of nearly 3000 grafts?

I know there were theories such as grafts being spread over too large an area to not all the grafts growing.

If the latter, have you explored further as to why not all the grafts may have grown?

@SLA, my conclusion was that it was mostly the mismanagement of the grafts in terms of planning and actual placement. I also think that most of the transplanted hair grew back. If you consider HT is partly an artistry of creating the illusion of density, that artistry was absent.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Excited for your upcoming surgery, can’t wait to follow your journey.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone

I was unable to post the review earlier due to some family commitments. Here is a post-op update. Overall, 2-day procedure went well and met the objectives. Below is a snapshot:

HT objectives:
Restore crown
Enhance Hairline/Frontal area & left lateral humps
Restore/Align L/R temporal area

Final graft count: 4962 (Scalp:3722 + Beard:1240)
Front/Hairline/Temporal area: 1688 Scalp graft (includes 300 singles)
Left hump: Total:721 (420 Scalp + 301 Beard)
Crown: total 2553 (1614 Scalp + 939 Beard)

Day-1 
Roughly 9 hours
Less intense in comparison with the second day.
Day started with Dr. Arika doing the overall evaluation of the donor area followed by design considerations and discussion of coverage options.
I wanted the temporal-points enhanced, but she said it would be decided at the end depending on the supply even though she marked the area.
Rest of the day was spent on Dr. Arika doing the slits on the hairline/frontal scalp followed by the design/slits for the crown.
I also got a surprise visit from Dr. Pradeep just in time for the crown design. It was very nice of him to visit since I had met him during his NY consultations in 2019, just before the Pandemic arrived.   

Day-2
Roughly 12 hours.
Very intense and long session went past midnight. 
Multiple tracks of work performed simultaneously on-and-off supervised by Dr. Arika.
First half of the day was mostly focused on adding more grafts to the front and left hump.
Rest of the day was spent on implanting the crown area while harvesting the hair from scalp and beard.
I also vaguely remember Dr. Arika adding some additional grafts/singles to the hairline followed by the technicians completing the area.
There were times I had more than 10 people directly or indirectly working on me.

Overall, I am very happy with Eugenix team. Their work ethics and commitment to what they do is quite visible throughout. Dr. Arika leads a fantastic team of HT technicians. If I have to pick on something, I would say that we could've done a bit more work on day-1 which would've reduced the intensity and pressure on both Eugenix team and myself on day-2. There was some idle time on day-1, possibly due to the number of surgeries taking place on that day.

24NOV21.png

Edited by elicochin
  • Like 3

On 12/1/2021 at 9:32 AM, SLA said:

Wow is all I have to say! Way to go!

Any idea if you have any grafts remaining either from scalp or beard for the future?

I have raised this question and awaiting a response. Will keep you posted.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

Congratulations! You have gone to at least one of the best in managing scalp and beard hair. Are you taking Finasteride can I ask as is suggested by Eugenix. Wishing you all the best and I look forward to following your journey. Thanks for sharing! 

@Gatsby Finasteride was suggested, but I chose not to take it. I have had side-effects in the past (long time ago). Besides, my hair-loss has been stable for more than 10 years and at my current age of 55 I believe I would lose my original hair any further. I would like to hear your thoughts on this. 

• Administrators

What can I say, the work looks impeccable. The crown density around the whorl should be amazing. I’m hoping to get a similar graft count in the crown. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

@SLA, My left lateral hump (right-hand side when looking at the picture) was very thin and was quite visible when my hair was long hence that was part of the scope of this HT; refer to the pre-op pictures at the start of this thread. That area may look a bit dense on the picture above, but I think it's partly due to recipient slits are still not healed completely. There was also the effort to manage the limited donor supply. I am hoping the final results would give me decent coverage on both sides, but that would take another 6 months minimum.

• Like 1

Is it just me, or does the right and left temple points lack symmetry? Your right temple looks like it's shorter with a hard downward cut compared to the right. I know symmetry can be a very weird thing, and I'm not sure if it's a case where seeing it in pictures looks much different than seeing it in reality, but thought it was worth pointing out.

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

• Like 1

@MazAB, I think you may be right, but I am not too worried about it at this point. I have reached out to Eugenix for an opinion on this as well. I would like to wait and see how it turns out when I grow my hair out; fingers crossed.

Edited by elicochin

On 12/8/2021 at 7:21 PM, elicochin said:

2-weeks-mark pictures I took to sent to Eugenix for review and I was told everything looks normal.

8DEC2021.png

It is looking good for 2 weeks. However, you will also experience shedding. The hairline and temple points have to be a little asymmetrical. However, when we shall see the full growth it will look natural and will frame your face perfectly. Please do not hesitate to have a discussion with us over the same. We wish you the best results in the coming time.

• Like 1

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

• Valued Contributor
On 12/5/2021 at 1:28 PM, elicochin said:

@Gatsby Finasteride was suggested, but I chose not to take it. I have had side-effects in the past (long time ago). Besides, my hair-loss has been stable for more than 10 years and at my current age of 55 I believe I would lose my original hair any further. I would like to hear your thoughts on this. 

@elicochin I also turned 55 last week. I think at our age our hair loss has stabalized substantially. I also had side effects on finasteride when I first tried it and discontinued the drug. However for almost four months now I have been micro dosing on 0.5mg on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I have managed to get Friday up to 1mg and recently I have increased Monday up to 1mg also with no side effects to date. In a few months if I still haven't experienced any side effects then I will titrate Wednesday's dose up to 1mg also. I'm taking it to strengthen the crown and my donor (what's left of it LOL). My lateral humps are still fairly high so with a bit of luck I'm hoping that finasteride might keep them there. My nape hair feels like it's coming back and is a little stronger and the hair around my crown feels stronger and I'm hoping that my bottom crown might lift (as it did for Zoomster). You on the other hand have hair in your frontal/mid section from previous surgery so I wouldn't really worry about finasteride if you can't tolerate it. I'm bordering NW-7 so anything that may be of benefit is worth trying in my case. Wishing you happy growing and I look forward to following your results! All the best!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Yes I would love to see an update.

• Like 1

View my thread