Any recommendations for travel pillow?

• Administrators

Man I was literally about to make this thread. I'm leaving to Eugenix from LA in December. The flight is gonna be brutal. I also need a good recommendation for a post-surgery pillow

image.png

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Man I was literally about to make this thread. I'm leaving to Eugenix from LA in December. The flight is gonna be brutal. I also need a good recommendation for a post-surgery pillow

image.png

I think Eugenix can supply one, no?

I'm banking on that or just grabbing one at the airport & popping a sleeping pill. Granted, Dehli to London isn't quite as far as LA!

This is the one I bought for my flight to and from India and for sleeping on my back for the first few days after the surgery. I was inexpensive, comfortable, washable (which was good since I had some blood and iodine stains on it) and had an adjustable belt to secure it more tightly around the neck.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07P61Y2BK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Domino said:

@Melvin- ModeratorNot looking forward to the flight one bit. I don’t sleep to well on planes. But it’s a small price to pay. I wasn’t evening thinking about a pillow at home for recovery but I think I need to get one like you got pictured to.  

It's really helpful for flying long distances and for recovery - particularly recovery. You can't sleep on sides or stomach for a couple of days and this props your head up so the donor area is not in contact with a pillow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newyear newhair said:

These are really good quality and so comfortable 

D578E6F5-E4CE-4375-A191-F43FC70A980F.png

That seems like a good one, too. Lots of neck support with a high back for keeping your donor area clear of a pillow for a couple of days plus a neck strap to keep it secure.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kirkland said:

That seems like a good one, too. Lots of neck support with a high back for keeping your donor area clear of a pillow for a couple of days plus a neck strap to keep it secure.

It is yes, I also slept with it on for 4/5 nights once I returned home, stops your head moving around during the night 

• Administrators

@kirkland Were you given anything like xanax or valium? I know for my other surgeries these meds helped a lot when it came to sleeping. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

image.png

You can get them on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=travel+pillow&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

This is the one I got: https://www.amazon.com/MLVOC-Comfortable-Breathable-Washable-Contoured/dp/B082K8ZNQ1/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=travel+pillow&qid=1636754794&sr=8-1

I like it because you can tie the ends together so it cannot slip off

• Like 2

I recommend travel pillow not just for flights but to sleep with a travel pillow for the first few nights. Tru st me, no matter how good you think you have control over your head during your sleep, you are going to turn over on one side and smudge those transplanted grafts.

• Like 1

I recommend travel pillow not just for flights but to sleep with a travel pillow for the first few nights. Trust me, no matter how good you think you have control over your head during your sleep, you are going to turn over on one side and smudge those transplanted grafts especially if you have some on temples.

• Like 2