Top Doctors Table: Prices / Technique / Doctor Involvement

Dear HRN friends,

I took the time to develop this benchmark table with a quick comparison of the prices, technique, patients per day and Doctor involvement in the surgery.

When I was researching a Doctor apart from looking at results from each Doctor these were the most important factors I took into consideration.

This table might have some information that isn`t accurate so I ask for everyone`s help on keeping it updated. Let me know if I need to amend anything. 

It would also be great if you could share information on other top Doctors you would like to add to this list (Doctors with amazing real patients results, not hairmills). Just write up the details on the Doctor so I can update the table with all his info (the more the merrier!).

Thank you everyone!

Hair Docs.jpg

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

@JDEE0not being able to update the first with the correct price for Dr. Pinto but will do it as soon as I can update.

Thank you for contributing with this valuable information.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Hey @Portugal25,

You created and have been maintaining this list for a while now. I know it takes some time to keep updating. Nice job on doing it.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Just now, Gatsby said:

@Portugal25 that is an excellent template for surgeons to consider! 10/10! For a newbie looking to do their research you've just shaved about a year of time for them! Thanks for sharing!

Exactly!

I think as much as we all believe that people should do their research for say a year (if not multiple) before even thinking about committing to any surgery, the truth is that the vast majority of people won't. Yes, some do just this and take their time, but best case scenario for most even if they find this website is that they learn a few things about HT's and see some results of a Dr. on here (usually that is either close to them or relatively inexpensive) and pick from there. 

At worst, again even if they find this site, the rest probably still hastily rush into things due to the emotional aspect of hair loss. Having a list like this kept up to date that caters to all price points and offers options across the world then at least means that people can blindly fall into safe hands for surgery should it come to that. 

Everyone should always do their own due dillgence about not just which surgeon to pick, but also hair loss and HT's in general. What causes it, how it progresses over time, what treatments are available to slow this down/stop it, what can happen if you have surgery and fail to do this, etc, etc. For those that are too impatient/impulsive to really take the time to do this, a list such as this one is a life saver.

• Like 1

@JohnAC71 I have only seen the 7000 graft HT done by Dr. Zarev and it was really amazing. Melvin also thinks he`s very good but at 4,00€/graft he does seems pricey for Bulgaria.

He does the extraction using vacuum that supossedly means less trauma to the graft than punch extracting but there`s not a lot of information out there on this extraction method. Also his website doesn`t inform what technique he uses for implanting the grafts.

If you have this info available, please let me know how many patiens per day he does and his implantation technique so I can add Dr. Zarev to the list.

Thanks!

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

@JohnAC71 I have only seen the 7000 graft HT done by Dr. Zarev and it was really amazing. Melvin also thinks he`s very good but at 4,00€/graft he does seems pricey for Bulgaria.

He does the extraction using vacuum that supossedly means less trauma to the graft than punch extracting but there`s not a lot of information out there on this extraction method. Also his website doesn`t inform what technique he uses for implanting the grafts.

If you have this info available, please let me know how many patiens per day he does and his implantation technique so I can add Dr. Zarev to the list.

Thanks!

I have asked the OP of that thread and emailed the clinic asking this. So hopefully 🙏 I have seen more work on other forums, and yes he may be more expensive but I do think the results are very good. 

1 minute ago, JohnAC71 said:

I have asked the OP of that thread and emailed the clinic asking this. So hopefully 🙏 I have seen more work on other forums, and yes he may be more expensive but I do think the results are very good. 

Thanks!

It takes a lot work to get all the information stated for each Doctor on this table.
I really don’t understand why I had to call every clinic on that list to get this information when it’s something that could simply be available at each of these Doctor’s website. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Portugal25 said:

Thanks!

It takes a lot work to get all the information stated for each Doctor on this table.
I really don’t understand why I had to call every clinic on that list to get this information when it’s something that could simply be available at each of these Doctor’s website. 

Yes I agree, what’s bizarre is the rubbish hair mills always boast of what “amazing” technique they are using. Although the most common one that’s emerging  is “Scarless FUE” erm which obviously doesn’t exist. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

@Portugal25I think Dr Lapunzula prices are higher. @MachoVatomentioned about €4 per graft from memory.

And I saw this: 

Up to 1,000 grafts, FUE hair transplantation with Dr. Lupanzula costs $4,50 per graft; all grafts over 1,000 grafts cost $4,00 per graft. The doctor is personally involved in all steps of the operation.

I don't know Lupanzula's rates, but Bisanga in Brussels is €4 plus VAT (if applicable). BHR in other locations (Athens, Malaga, etc.) are different prices because it is different doctors. 

• Administrators

@Portugal25glad to have you back, we’ve missed you.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

This is amazing. Thank you so much.

Outside of price, how does everyone feel about stick-and-place versus pre-made slights and DHI? It seems that doctors that use the stick-and-place in their respective countries charge higher prices for their counterparts. Curious if that has something to do with it -- and if it leads to stronger results.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Z-- said:

This is amazing. Thank you so much.

Outside of price, how does everyone feel about stick-and-place versus pre-made slights and DHI? It seems that doctors that use the stick-and-place in their respective countries charge higher prices for their counterparts. Curious if that has something to do with it -- and if it leads to stronger results.

There are obviously benefits to implanter pens and different techniques, but it’s ultimately up to the surgeons and their team. A technique doesn’t guarantee good or bas results, the surgeons competence does.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

44 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

There are obviously benefits to implanter pens and different techniques, but it’s ultimately up to the surgeons and their team. A technique doesn’t guarantee good or bas results, the surgeons competence does.

Thanks, Melvin. Understood - I ask because I'd watched your Instagram interview with Konior and his explanation (and the benefits) for why he uses stick-and-place made sense, though it seemed fairly time-consuming. Was just curious.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, david2708 said:

With the tax added, Eugenix seems a bit overpriced compared to some others.

I don’t believe they add tax the premium package seems reasonable to me I've learned their process isn’t different from the Spanish giants like Lorenzo and De Freitas but cheaper

• Like 1