HLC vs Bicer

hairtxp

5 hours ago, MachoVato said:

Today, on this forum there's not a lot of HLC patient cases, even fewer Bicer cases. But HLC has a lot more patient cases on other forums and a good number of videos.

I agree that there are not many cases around Bicer yet, at least long-term cases, and speaking of other forums, as regards HLC, I have recently seen a couple of them, not really worthy of their name.

12 minutes ago, Egy said:

I agree that there are not many cases around Bicer yet, at least long-term cases, and speaking of other forums, as regards HLC, I have recently seen a couple of them, not really worthy of their name.

Guess that’s the issue with HLC as it’s a clinic where you don’t know who will be the Doctor doing your surgery (reason why I wouldn’t chose them) so maybe these subpar results you mentioned are from a new HLC Doctor. 
I advise them for anyone considering Turkey because  in past years they had a steady flow of great results and do BHT on a regular basis also with great results. 
Dr. Pekiner started out at HLC before venturing out on his own.

Edited by Portugal25

6 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

Guess that’s the issue with HLC as it’s a clinic where you don’t know who will be the Doctor doing your surgery (reason why I wouldn’t chose them) so maybe these subpar results you mentioned are from a new HLC Doctor. 
Anyway in past years they had a steady flow of great results and do BHT on a regular basis also with great results so it’s hard to find any better in Turkey. 
Dr. Pekiner started out at HLC before venturing out on his own.

Yes, yes I know that they have always provided excellent results, as I also know that Dr. Pekiner comes from that clinic, perhaps you too have seen the transplants I am referring to.

Wow this is so helpful. Agree that it’s closer to 4500 based on what they said. I frankly don’t see a dramatic difference between the two in the results that I have seen. Hlc has many videos on YouTube that have been helpful. Little less known about Bicer since I don’t see as many results but she was recommended on this forum as a preferred doctor. A bit confused about the recent posts about hlc since it sounds like the result may be entirely dependent on who you get for the surgery 

27 minutes ago, hairtxp said:

Wow this is so helpful. Agree that it’s closer to 4500 based on what they said. I frankly don’t see a dramatic difference between the two in the results that I have seen. Hlc has many videos on YouTube that have been helpful. Little less known about Bicer since I don’t see as many results but she was recommended on this forum as a preferred doctor. A bit confused about the recent posts about hlc since it sounds like the result may be entirely dependent on who you get for the surgery 

4500 isn’t chump change either, at least not to me, but you might be rolling in dough. I think they’re both good, but is one worth 4.5k more nah

Definitely not chump change to me. Been thinking about a HT for a decade and now that it’s so close just want to get the best result even if it’s 4K more. Definitely can’t afford the 16 a graft that konior costs but can deal with a 4K difference if needed 

On 9/24/2021 at 8:05 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Personally, motorized punches is probably the best way to go, there was a time when people thought that manual punches were somehow superior, but they're not. If anything, it becomes more labor-intensive for the surgeon. It may be okay if there are 5 technicians doing the extractions, but if it's only one surgeon, it's definitely not better. The whole manual vs motorized discussion got a lot of hype because Dr. Lorenzo used manual punches. But some of the world's best surgeons including Dr. Konior used motorized punches all the time. 

Absolutely agree, as some of "top" surgeons as dr. Bisanga, Konior, Ferduini, use motorize punches too, and think it's not about tool used, manual or morotized, but it's about doctor's skills, experience, knowledge...

Price manual vs. motorized is result amount of work, manual requests more time, effort, etc. and then manual is more expensive...

And about prices, agree with some members above, if someone has budget 10k, and if satisfied with work of some dr./clinics , and such dr./clinic instills him more confidence, feeling more comfortable with that choice, it worths give 10k, as most of us do it 1 or 2x times in life, depend of hair situation, and then money shouldn't be main reference to choose or not some dr/clinics, as our confidence, and relaxed at time of surgery can't pay any amount of money, but sure need to be in some defined budget, sure if we are not Elon Musk, and budget not too important item :) .

Edited by blackislback
  • Like 1

This is coming from a guy who has to get a repair procedure….my advice is to not let cost, distance, etc be a deciding factor. Go to a doctor that has a proven track record, puts out constantly good results, vibes well with you, and only focuses on one patient per day. Money comes and goes, your donor is finite 

• Like 2

For those of you who went with Dr Bicer, how long was it before her assistant got back to you with a quote for no of grafts required? Sent my photos to them om 20 Sept and still havent heard back ther than her assistant telling she hasn't seen my photos yet as she's really busy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Icyraindrops said:

For those of you who went with Dr Bicer, how long was it before her assistant got back to you with a quote for no of grafts required? Sent my photos to them om 20 Sept and still havent heard back ther than her assistant telling she hasn't seen my photos yet as she's really busy.

@Dr. Ozlem Bicer Clinic

• 2 years later...
On 9/24/2021 at 7:59 PM, MachoVato said:

And a final note about these prices. Bicer charges 1.5 for motorized extractions with pre-made incisions, 2.5 for manual extractions. HLC is only manual extraction and only stick and place technique.

now Bicer is charging 3 for motorized and 4 for manual.
Do you guys think is he worth the price?
I didn't follow her works during years so I can't give any judgment.

48 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Dr Bicer 💯

I rarely saw a "wow" HT from Bicer but I think it depends from the fact that she doesn't pay great attention to marketing. All the pics I saw are "home made", with poor lightings and poor background.
BTW, she is solid as a rock. Never read of someone regretting the HT with her.
And she is one of the most ethical people in the business for sure.

Wonder why she increased her prices by 100% in one year. More and more people are asking for her? monetary inflation?
At the moment, she is more expensive than De freitas, pinto, vila...
In your honest opinion, is she worth 4 euro grafts?

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

I think Dr Bicer has the best after care as a physician possibly in the business. She does pretty much all the work entailed herself over a long day. She has had patients stay in her home if they were sick before and genuinely cares about them. She continually upgrades her qualifications and skills every year. 

1 hour ago, duchaine said:

I rarely saw a "wow" HT from Bicer but I think it depends from the fact that she doesn't pay great attention to marketing. All the pics I saw are "home made", with poor lightings and poor background.
BTW, she is solid as a rock. Never read of someone regretting the HT with her.
And she is one of the most ethical people in the business for sure.

Wonder why she increased her prices by 100% in one year. More and more people are asking for her? monetary inflation?
At the moment, she is more expensive than De freitas, pinto, vila...
In your honest opinion, is she worth 4 euro grafts?

Inflation in turkey currently is unprecedented.

Government figures are 50ish perfect, but on the ground they’re reporting over 100% in reality. I can’t see transplant costs remaining as low as they currently are for long.

3 hours ago, Gatsby said:

I think Dr Bicer has the best after care as a physician possibly in the business. She does pretty much all the work entailed herself over a long day. She has had patients stay in her home if they were sick before and genuinely cares about them. She continually upgrades her qualifications and skills every year. 

4 manual and 3 motorized extractions.

I do not any of her patients but, from what I see, she is some of the sweetest person in the business.

3 hours ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

Inflation in turkey currently is unprecedented.

Government figures are 50ish perfect, but on the ground they’re reporting over 100% in reality. I can’t see transplant costs remaining as low as they currently are for long.

I see.
Bicer apart, do you think is it worth paying a Turkish transplant the same price of a Spanish transplant?
Was Turkish TOP surgeons (Peki...ner, Keser, Bicer, Ozgur) underpaid before or are they overpriced now?

1 hour ago, duchaine said:

I see.
Bicer apart, do you think is it worth paying a Turkish transplant the same price of a Spanish transplant?
Was Turkish TOP surgeons (Peki...ner, Keser, Bicer, Ozgur) underpaid before or are they overpriced now?

The Turkish surgeons you quoted are some of the best in Turkey and as such, should cost more than less accomplished surgeons. Bicer was one less than 2 euro a graft until fairly recently, and I’d say was undercharging.

I don’t know prices off the top of my head, so it’s hard to judge with other surgeons.

Ultimately, it’s a personal decision on value.

i used a surgeon in Cyprus who I believe offered exceptional value, and I had quotes from Turkish surgeons but considered them less desirable for my specific circumstances (wanted unshaven, manual punch and 2500 grafts).

I also know people who work in Turkey but have relocated to Cyprus since cost of living is lower there.

Spain has a slightly higher cost of living than Turkey (even in Istanbul), but it’s certainly closer than it once was.

Edited by BackFromTheBrink
  • Like 1