best FUT surgeon you can get right now ?

yego

Hasson and Wong, Hattingen, Konior, Bloxham, Cooley

• Like 2

Medication for Male Pattern Baldness: Topical Dutasteride - Topical Minoxidil 5% - Ketoconazole Shampoo

Medication for Cicatricial Alopecia: Hydroxychloroquine  - Topical Clobestasol - Doxycycline

I'm 26, It's the 2nd procedure. on meds for 4 years, would like to thick up what i have. I think the first surgeon kept density to as low as possible just to camouflage for my future sake. I got the weak spot on the right of mine(left on the pics) because it's a bigger bald part than the left so that's my concern and thick up a bit temporal part.

ps. the red part is the pattern of my hair loss and get it done on the 1st.

pic1.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

Edited by yego

How many grafts did you get first time around?  I'd wait until there is more hair loss before undergoing round 2.  

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

5 hours ago, yego said:

Why you have to wait to loss some more ?

If you do another transplant at 26 your going to end up chasing your hair loss with ever diminishing donor area. You have to think of a long term plan on how best to use the available scalp grafts you have, our donor area is finite. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, yego said:

Why you have to wait to loss some more ?

You don't HAVE to, but it would be the more prudent thing to do.  Mostly due to your age and risk of shock loss, but also longterm planning as @JohnAC71 said.  Not to mention that HT surgery is a big ordeal and a larger procedure would make it more worth your time, money, and emotional investment.  

Either way, if you're in Seattle then getting a in-person consult with H&W would be a great idea.  They'll put you on the right track.

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I agree and disagree with the other posters.....

I don't think you really 'need' another surgery at all either right now and that your hair is fine, but on the other hand, we're always telling people that they may need a second pass to reinforce density to the desired level. If OP feels it's not dense enough then he may be justified, hard to tell from these pics alone. So, if what you're asking is just to add some more grafts into the frontal hairline (where you've marked in red and had your first HT focus on) as a 'touch up', then I see no issue.

However, this would only require 5, 6 maybe 700 grafts at the absolute most to add density, maybe even less than 500 even to be honest, so I really don't know why you would go and have an FUT procedure for that? If you're talking about having another larger HT with thousands of grafts, which you seeking out an FUT surgeon sort of implies to me, then yes I would say don't, it's completely unnecessary and you need to save them for the future. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 9/18/2021 at 7:44 AM, JohnAC71 said:

I don’t personally think you need another hair transplant yet. And you do need to be careful at only 26 with regards to future planning. How many grafts were used in your first procedure? 

^this

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@yego I see the weakness on right side that you are talking about.

pic4.jpg.7d7432a482b564b51f1c66a230b6137

You wear your hair long so it’s easy to camouflage.  Still, if I had a HT to improve that part of the hairline I would not be satisfied with the result either.  Maybe a small touch up on the right side, but only if you have a long term plan and are thinking ahead and can spare the grafts.

How many grafts did you have in your first procedure? What was the yield? Did they mention how many you have in reserve? Can you share before/after pics from the first surgery?  You are young so you need to manage your donor carefully as everyone says.

If you do decide to go through with it and you are in Seattle and you want FUT then it does not make sense to take a 10 hour flight to Europe for a small FUT procedure when Hasson and Wong are a 2-3 hour drive north and only charge $5/$3 per graft for FUT.  Or you can drive a couple hours south and see Gabel in the Portland, OR area who also does excellent FUT at reasonable prices. And if H&W or Gabel tell you to wait then you should listen!

Edited by Spaceman