7 months 50/50 not Happy ;(

7 months, the left side of the hair is still thin at the bottom, the top is thicker. the right side still has a blank area, but the hair on this side is thicker. when I brush my hair straight, you can't see it, when I lift it up you can see it straight away. Do I have a chance to make them bold on the left side? and make the voids disappear ?. how many percent of growth and improvement are still waiting for me ?. what do you recommend I have been using minoxidil for a month. from the beginning biotin and saw palmetto. on average I'm not happy.

Snapchat-893947609.jpg

Snapchat-352188906.jpg

Snapchat-2087768283.jpg

Snapchat-892295865.jpg

Snapchat-135723923.jpg

Snapchat-2145361455.jpg

Snapchat-558666837.jpg

Snapchat-1669905788.jpg

Snapchat-587175600.jpg

Snapchat-527418364.jpg

Snapchat-1873502082.jpg

Snapchat-846335359.jpg

Snapchat-551968422.jpg

Snapchat-1080224866.jpg

Snapchat-1492744146.jpg

Snapchat-362062250.jpg

IMG_20210314_224528.jpg

1615758372993..jpg

You have a few more months for any remaining hairs to sprout, up to a year for individual hair characteristics like thickness to finish maturing. Too many unique factors like your physiology, post procedure care, and details about your procedure and doctor skill we don't know. Best way forward is to be patient and play around with concealers like hair fibers and/or dermmatch if you haven't already. You've got enough now to give yourself the look of a full head of hair using them. Then at the 12 or 18 month mark take a hard look in the mirror without any of that and decide if you're satisfied, or you want to move more hair up top, or just keep sprinkling on a little concealer.

Also, for DHT inhibition, may want to try finasteride if you haven't already instead saw palmetto. You're thinning alot farther back in the crown. And Minoxidil could help thicken up what you're holding on to if you have the discipline to apply it 2x daily forever.

Edited by ciaus
  • Like 1

Appears you got good yield but the hairline is too straight.  It is 7 months so things will improve overall, but the multi-haired grafts are there to stay unless they are punched out.

I recommend getting on finasteride and start researching elite docs known for their soft hairlines.

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I understand why you are not completely happy. Even through it is early and you can still expect to get more growth, I doubt it will be enough to fill in the gaps. The yield is not perfect, it never is. To be honest, my complaint is with the artistry/skill of the grafts. The grafts were inserted at a bad angle and the hairline is too straight. The doubles in the hairline also hurt the appearance. 

The best thing you can do is wait until 12 months and evaluate. You could have a second transplant to repair it. But you will need to go to a MUCH more experienced (and yes more expensive) doctor. 

• Valued Contributor

@Patro1995 firstly who was the surgeon??? Secondly I would look at taking finasteride and most importantly do not do anything surgical, etc for at least another 6 months. You still want to wait to see what the final result will be regardless of how unhappy you are now. Once everything has healed after 12 months if you are still not happy you can always fix this so please don't get too hung up on your results at this moment. Can I ask how old are you and again who was the surgeon you chose? Take care and all the best!

You start a new thread every month and the community keep giving you the same advice. IE you should consider Fin and you should wait until at least 12 months to see your final result. You choose a poor clinic and at least your getting growth. You would have been better posting one thread and updating it monthly. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

You start a new thread every month and the community keep giving you the same advice. IE you should consider Fin and you should wait until at least 12 months to see your final result. You choose a poor clinic and at least your getting growth. You would have been better posting one thread and updating it monthly. 

This is right. Keep your monthly updates to the same thread. That way we can see the progress (or lack of progress). And we won't keep asking who the doctor was, haha!

• Thanks 1

Hello, can I make topical finasteride my own way? crush finasteride tablets and mix with minoxidil? I do not want to take orally because I have high estrogen, so I would probably have a lot of side effects, has anyone dealt with this? Thanks for the answers.

4 hours ago, Patro1995 said:

Hello, can I make topical finasteride my own way? crush finasteride tablets and mix with minoxidil? I do not want to take orally because I have high estrogen, so I would probably have a lot of side effects, has anyone dealt with this? Thanks for the answers.

As I understand it, no. The powder from crushed tablets is not dissolved enough to penetrate the skin. 

Where are you located? I have a new box of topical min/fin I am not using. Pay for shipping and I'll send it to you.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/60915-anyone-want-to-try-topical-minfin/