Crossing USA/Canada Land Border Requirements

Has anyone had a procedure recently (within last 60 days I suppose) that knows the entry requirements to get into the US? Is it a negative COVID-19 test at the land border as well? Did the border agent ask for any further specific information relating to the procedure?

Any information would be super helpful. It's not easy to find objective information and I'm a little anxious that we will be denied trying to get over for a hair transplant. 

32 minutes ago, 24needmore said:

Has anyone had a procedure recently (within last 60 days I suppose) that knows the entry requirements to get into the US? Is it a negative COVID-19 test at the land border as well? Did the border agent ask for any further specific information relating to the procedure?

Any information would be super helpful. It's not easy to find objective information and I'm a little anxious that we will be denied trying to get over for a hair transplant. 

In May I spent a few weeks back in Canada, and when I returned home to the US I wasn't asked about C19 testing.  If I'm not mistaken even the Canadian government is easing restrictions into their country, but it's still more rigid than the other direction.  I think if you indicate you are traveling for a medical procedure that will help reduce any of the border agent's concerns.

I agree...I believe Canada has more stringent restrictions entering their country than the U.S.A.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Tough to say at this point— they are supposed to give update July 21st on canadian travel, however, you never know what is happening due to delta variant spread.  

get a letter you are having surgery and call border patrol for up to date restrictions.  That would be the best way.  Best of luck

19 hours ago, Sean said:

Tough to say at this point— they are supposed to give update July 21st on canadian travel, however, you never know what is happening due to delta variant spread.  

get a letter you are having surgery and call border patrol for up to date restrictions.  That would be the best way.  Best of luck

Thanks for the advice. Did that this week and that's exactly what they said so we'll get on in advance. Also no negative covid test to get into the US, which I was surprised but I need one anyway to have the surgery. 

• Like 1

That surprises me.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, O Hare 57 said:

Heres my prediction:  July 21:  Not enough people vaccinated.  Border remains closed for another 30 days.  Aug 21, same thing.

I really hope not, that’s a massive issue. Why haven’t the people spoken up about that? Seems almost tyrannical and authoritarian at this point.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, O Hare 57 said:

I got fully vaccinated two months ago.  Live a 100 miles from border but no chance of getting in even for consult.    If you've got pandemic fatigue  you might find this info useful.  https://covid19criticalcare.com/guide-for-this-website/faq-on-ivermectin/

Have a great day!!!!!

Nice link, hopefully the public starts taking a stand to this nonsensical authoritarian travel ban. There are measures to get life back to normal. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Thanx...  I am not anti vaccine in anyway.  I worked as a lab assistant with many pHDs who worked 10 hours a day doing research to help fight malaria.

None the less this story has some disturbing aspects to it.  I hope we can get things back on track so we can all get back to our lives hair transplants included.

Politics and money should not be shaping science or public health.  A second line defense of therapeutics will help everyone, especially if one of these variants figures out a way to outsmart the vaccine.  Probably why their talking about a booster shot already.  I want to travel and have fun again.  Not spend the rest of my life in an apprehensive state of pseudo quarantine and lock downs.     I want to get back to more important things, like how great my hair looks.

https://rielpolitik.com/2021/05/19/cover-up-dont-mention-ivermectin-itll-upset-the-vaccine-rollout-by-andrew-bannister/

• Like 1

• Administrators
9 hours ago, O Hare 57 said:

Thanx...  I am not anti vaccine in anyway.  I worked as a lab assistant with many pHDs who worked 10 hours a day doing research to help fight malaria.

None the less this story has some disturbing aspects to it.  I hope we can get things back on track so we can all get back to our lives hair transplants included.

Politics and money should not be shaping science or public health.  A second line defense of therapeutics will help everyone, especially if one of these variants figures out a way to outsmart the vaccine.  Probably why their talking about a booster shot already.  I want to travel and have fun again.  Not spend the rest of my life in an apprehensive state of pseudo quarantine and lock downs.     I want to get back to more important things, like how great my hair looks.

https://rielpolitik.com/2021/05/19/cover-up-dont-mention-ivermectin-itll-upset-the-vaccine-rollout-by-andrew-bannister/

Agreed

View my thread

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, RandoBrando517 said:

They’ve opened the borders for vaccinated people will non vaxed people be abele to go? 

I believe only fully vaccinated people will be able to travel to Canada, regardless of Covid testing.

View my thread

Just an update. Had my procedure today and got over to the US no problem. They asked me for a formal letter (which I did have) and why I wasn't able to do the procedure in Canada and I had told them that options are available in Canada but i have an existing relationship with my doctor in the US and they let me through. Zero car line-up at the border too which was so refreshing after all those hour long waits coming back pre-covid. Also no Covid-19 test to enter USA but we will have one coming back to Canada. 

• 2 months later...

It sounds like Canada has stricter Covid-19 guidelines, still, nice to hear you made it through nicely.

Gillenator

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, gillenator said:

It sounds like Canada has stricter Covid-19 guidelines, still, nice to hear you made it through nicely.

Canada and Australia are probably the strictest. Great to see Americans can enjoy H&W excellent service.

View my thread

Yes, Australia too, they also have one of the highest infectious rates.

Gillenator

14 hours ago, John Doe said:

I'm undecided about getting the vaccines, but I have a touch up transplant in Canada in April 2022.  If the restrictions don't ease up at all with the vaccine requirements, I'll have to make that decision. 

Canada just announced they will open up the US border in about 3 weeks from now.

You have to show proof of vaccination though. 

Read more: https://www.blogto.com/travel/2021/10/us-border-opening-rules/