Advice needed: best Surgeon in Europe for my situation

Hi all, 

I've been doing some research for the past 2 years, will be heading to Europe and am looking for recommendation for a good HT surgeon in Europe. 

I understand that there is a list of recommended surgeons on HRN, and have also reached out to the big names in Belgium, Spain and Portugal. 

However, recently I've read about how different surgeons have their strength in different hair loss areas. I've never thought of it that way, and would really appreciate advice from the community, with your wealth of experience, to suggest which few surgeons you think is best for me to consider. 

I am open to any budget for good results, if it's worth the higher cost. 

Some background:
32 years old Asian Male. Hair loss started at ~25, finasteride 0.75-1mg for 1 year, minoxidil 5% for 5 years, no sig improvement/slow down. 

Thank you so much in advance, I really appreciate your kind help. 

PXL_20210523_154827537.jpg

left.jpg

right.jpg

back.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-23 at 11.21.59 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-23 at 11.21.59 PM.jpeg

swiped up.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-23 at 11.10.36 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-23 at 11.10.38 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-23 at 11.10.38 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-23 at 11.10.39 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-23 at 11.10.40 PM (1).jpeg

15 minutes ago, Navthedon said:

Asmed - Dr koray erdogan. He will give you the results you want and then exceed them. 

That clinic is a hair mill now so he should stay away from it

I go by results not rumours or opinions. He consistently produces the most impressive results in the industry - forget the fake news and look at the before and after pics (in there 100s).

9 hours ago, qui bono said:

This will be the laziest reply ive ever had but @Gasthoerer summed up all the European options here;

Hattingen, Feriduni, Bisanga, Lupanzula, De Freitas, Lorenzo would be the stand outs. 

Thank you so much! I've seen this thread as well and have reached out to gasthoerer to find out more :)

• Valued Contributor

Hattingen, Feriduni, Bisanga, Lupanzula, De Freitas, Lorenzo would be the stand outs. 

This! Whoever you chose though do your due diligence. As a guide you want a surgeon who has turned out consistently good results on patients who have a similar hair type and hair loss pattern as yourself. As of equal importance is the communication that you build with your surgeon. You want to have a lifelong plan that will see you through all stage of hair loss over the life span. I would continue to stay on Finasteride as your sides appear a little bit thin just going by your pics. All the best!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, deeznuts said:

I know in the UK they refer to South Asians as Asians which is super weird

Why would referring to someone who is of South Asian descent, as Asian, be super weird ? 

You are American regardless of whether you are from a northern state or southern state, aren’t you? 

OP I have replied to your PM 

Edited by Curious25

10 hours ago, Gatsby said:

This! Whoever you chose though do your due diligence. As a guide you want a surgeon who has turned out consistently good results on patients who have a similar hair type and hair loss pattern as yourself. As of equal importance is the communication that you build with your surgeon. You want to have a lifelong plan that will see you through all stage of hair loss over the life span. I would continue to stay on Finasteride as your sides appear a little bit thin just going by your pics. All the best!

Thank you Gatsby! :)

6 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Why would referring to someone who is of South Asian descent, as Asian, be super weird ? 

You are American regardless of whether you are from a northern state or state, aren’t you? 

Thank you curious!

Just to be clear, I am a Chinese from South East Asia haha. 

• Administrators

Have you considered Dr. Laorwong in Thailand? He works with South East Asian hair a lot and gets excellent results.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/surgeon-list/TH/Thailand

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

11 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Have you considered Dr. Laorwong in Thailand? He works with South East Asian hair a lot and gets excellent results.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/surgeon-list/TH/Thailand

Hi @Melvin-Moderator sorry for the double message, in addition to this, I was wondering what are your thoughts on the Dr Laorwong/ Dr path compared with Dr Bisanga? 

It seems like the thai doctors have a lot less patient reviews here, so would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Thank you!

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, ahglet said:

Hi @Melvin-Moderator sorry for the double message, in addition to this, I was wondering what are your thoughts on the Dr Laorwong/ Dr path compared with Dr Bisanga? 

It seems like the thai doctors have a lot less patient reviews here, so would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Thank you!

I believe they’re both excellent surgeons, as is Dr. Bisanga. Dr. Path does more FUT, so that’s one thing to consider. Dr. Laorwong does more FUE, similar to Dr. Bisanga. If I were you I’d consult with all three.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

27 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I believe they’re both excellent surgeons, as is Dr. Bisanga. Dr. Path does more FUT, so that’s one thing to consider. Dr. Laorwong does more FUE, similar to Dr. Bisanga. If I were you I’d consult with all three.

Thanks Melvin for the advice, I will do that!

20 hours ago, Curious25 said:

You are American regardless of whether you are from a northern state or southern state, aren’t you? 

Well using your analogy... You wouldn't refer to a Brazilian as an American even though they are from the Americas. 

Just the word Asian half the time refers to East Asians and the other half they include everyone in Asia. And then you have the UK who are doing their own thing as well. So yeah it's pretty confusing. 

Anyway, you don't think it's weird that one country refers to East Asians as Asian and the other refers to South Asian as Asian? I mean technically they're all Asian (which makes it more confusing) but clearly the word Asian means like 3 different things. When you refer to someone as Asian, you could be calling them South Asian (i.e. Indian), East Asian (i.e. Chinese) or being from the continent of Asia. So yeah it's pretty weird that one word somehow means 3 different things depending on where you live, whether you're using the word Asian in the literal sense or as part of the vernacular

Edited by deeznuts

On 5/24/2021 at 12:49 PM, qui bono said:

just to add one more thought - ive read that asian hair tends to stick out more in the donor than caucasians. So it might be that your hair is thinning as Gatsby has suggested, but it also just might be that is what your hair looks like cut short. I think in your case its imperative to get an in person consultation to go over your options. As a higher NW if you werent again FUT then Hattingen would be a great choice.  

Asmed are not even in my top 3 for Turkey. While they have enjoyed good results in the past and their donor management is admittedly great, I dont find their hairlines  aesthetic, they vastly over quote and have had many many cases revealing poor growth.

Melvin recently mentioned they were found to be operating on 8 patients at a time (when they claimed it was only 6) and were removed from recommendation from the forum. So I strongly disagree with the above statement and think it is dangerous to promote clinics in such a way. 

Thank you @qui bono! unfortuantely because I am residing in Asia it is very difficult for me to get a in person consult with any of the doctors I want..

It seems like you are suggesting that FUT might be a better option for me, can I ask why that is so? Thank you!