My HT journey with Eugenix 2880 grafts on 13.04.21/14.04.21

Hello Everyone,

It’s been just over two months since I first logged into this forum and requested for reliable clinics in Bangalore for my HT. This forum helped me decide on clinic and other things. A big shoutout to the founders, moderators and senior members here.

So, after all the general research and hesitation, I got my hair transplantation done yesterday at Eugenix Hair Sciences, Gurgaon. I feel as much responsible as I benefited from this forum to share my journey and keep you updated on my growth. Also, would like to take further tips and suggestions from you all. Okay, take a look at my journey:

Background: 

I am a 32 year old from a small town in Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh, India (which is nearly 2000 km from Delhi). I started loosing hair during my early 20’s and it has been a long period of mixed feelings. At times I felt low and at other times I didn’t care much about my hair. I have never taken any treatment or medication for hairloss. However, it is in these recent years that I started thinking about hair transplantation. After considering clinics in Pune, Hyderabad and Bangalore, I somehow found this wonderful forum. I posted a question thinking to finalise on physician in Bangalore but in turn I got to know about Eugenix Hair Sciences, Gurgaon. After checking their results and the reputation they have in the field, I decided to get my HT done only at Eugenix. 

I then contacted them through WhatsApp, sent them my pictures and got to know that I might require 2500-2700 grafts classifying my baldness as NW 3. That is when I got in touch with Mr.Shakti, a patient consultant at Eugenix, Gurgaon. Later came the question of price. I definitely couldn’t afford premium or exclusive packages. But I wanted Dr.Arika’s hands on my head in one or the other step of the procedure. I took some time to decide and arrange finances. When Mr. Shakti called me back to check, he assured me that there won’t be any compromise with quality of the results if I opted for comprehensive package. At around the same time, Dr. Pradeep Sethi released a video on YouTube explaining how they don’t differentiate among packages when quality is concerned. With that and with explanation given by Mr. Shakti, I convinced myself to opt for comprehensive package. 

A day before surgery:

I reached Delhi on 12.04.21 (first flying experience btw 😉). They sent a cab to pick me up. Visited the clinic in the evening and got my BP checked. They also tested if I am allergic to anaesthesia. And we had a talk about my blood investigation report and COVID report. They asked me to come by 9 AM the next day.

On surgery day:

Had heavy breakfast as I was told and reached the clinic by 9.15am. The staff was courteous. Everybody who saw me sitting at the reception, including Dr. Arika Bansal and Dr. Pradeep Sethi, wished me with a pleasant smile and moved on. This little gesture gave me all positive vibes and whatever nervousness I had vanished. Of course I then took tablets they gave me. Later my doctor explained me the SOP of the day and I was taken to the photo session. He drew a hairline which suits my head and explained the technicalities involved in designing the hairline. He patiently answered all my questions. I then transferred money online. Before finalising the hairline, I asked if we could take Dr.Arika’s opinion. She came after few minutes and performed minor changes to the design. She said I don’t have to get my temples done but I decided to go for temples as well. Later I was taken to the OT room after changing clothes. 5-7 technicians were there along with the doctor who made all the slits. They explained each and every step of the procedure right from giving anaesthesia to the number of slits/grafts in every step. They are all very caring and everyone knows every single step of the procedure which resulted in great coordination among themselves. Mr. Shakti and Mr. Anil came to OT many times and enquired if I was okay. Nice of them. I kept on talking and discussing things with the doctor and the technicians while they answered me patiently. Later Dr Arika Bansal herself came and did slits through the hairline and temples. Then they provided me lunch and resumed harvesting and grafting at the same time. This process went on till 7.30pm and not even once did I feel pain or discomfort. All the staff made me feel home and it was a good feeling. Only 2200 grafts could be transplanted on 13.04.21 and it was decided that the remaining be done on next day. They gave me some precautions for the night and in fact I could sleep well.

On second day, I reached the clinic by 9 am. They first cleaned my donar region and the remaining grafting was done by 12.30pm. Then they took me for Post-op photo session. Total number of grafts implanted was 180 more than what was decided earlier. So I paid the remaining amount. Mr.Shakthi explained me about post-op care and the medicine. Later he came downstairs to see me off. I took flight back to Bangalore on the same night.

I can’t thank enough the people at Eugenix. They are doing their job religiously with utmost care and super finesse. The whole process felt so simple that I still can’t believe myself. Their hands are amazing and the coordination among themselves is in next level. There isn’t a single moment where I felt disconnected, strange or cheated. I did not have any consultation with Dr. Arika before going to the clinic. I walked into the clinic with full confidence and I wasn’t wrong. I am more than satisfied with the way they treated me and with the result as well. It’s been just more than a week since I got my surgery done and my friends (who know nothing about HT) are also appreciating the hairline and density I got in the process. Mr.Shakthi is in touch with me and has been checking on me about post op care and medication. So sweet of him. He is as good and caring as his smile 😃. I would definitely recommend this clinic to people who wish to get their hair transplantation done for their mastery over the craft, caring, transparency, technology, coordination among the staff and their dedication. 

Hoping for a natural looking hair. I shall keep you guys updated with photos whenever possible. Thanks again 😊

PS: I sincerely suggested Dr.Arika Bansal to consider opening a branch either in Bangalore or Hyderabad. She said that they are considering Bangalore though nothing is finalised yet. Hope to see a branch of Eugenix in Southern India.

DE0809AD-1442-4FE6-9196-120BDDEE6155.jpeg

8A02C6C1-44A0-49D9-8F28-4A3470A56056.jpeg

9D1B4E1E-9333-42AC-A400-66F67338F631.jpeg

D46E170A-AD8B-4045-A250-C8B905259203.jpeg

32A4C91F-2535-4DBD-9438-70AE4AD50A73.jpeg

37D0356D-078D-4908-A659-0AD4EC4181C3.jpeg

4F6674DA-AB6D-41CE-A0ED-708FF65B5D68.jpeg

5C511A05-68BF-48D2-B5F7-619F20CD9EE7.jpeg

252553EB-19D4-47C7-9E5D-72351723A4DF.jpeg

• Like 4

Okay @Naveenkumar- I understand, I thought it would be helpful to those choosing the same package you chose to know the actual doctor so when your results turn out amazing (fingers crossed) that they could try to request the same doctor.

Happy growing!

46 minutes ago, SLA said:

Okay @Naveenkumar- I understand, I thought it would be helpful to those choosing the same package you chose to know the actual doctor so when your results turn out amazing (fingers crossed) that they could try to request the same doctor.

Happy growing!

I completely get it 🙂

Thank you brother 💐

• Like 1

Two weeks update :

The donor region healed well. Shedding phase has started as I could see few follicles when I brushed my hand through recipient area. I’m still using baby shampoo to wash my head. All positive vibes 😀

79D920EC-20BD-4455-B436-9572F2A9691E.jpeg

92282D28-6B98-4AAB-BB83-B3C4820E44B4.jpeg

9C62849E-CDF3-4A1C-9BFC-DA5DF7AD4524.jpeg

740BF283-1129-41E1-9A83-DF564C33ADBD.jpeg

• Like 2

Top-class! Congratulations @Naveenkumar
Also huge credit to you for making the correct choice with Eugenix. There are so many HT clinics in India, each one promising 100% satisfaction, at such cheap prices. It's really difficult to not fall into trap of picking a cheap, next door clinic! So kudos on picking Eugenix.
Wish you the very best, and happy growing 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, forest said:

Top-class! Congratulations @Naveenkumar
Also huge credit to you for making the correct choice with Eugenix. There are so many HT clinics in India, each one promising 100% satisfaction, at such cheap prices. It's really difficult to not fall into trap of picking a cheap, next door clinic! So kudos on picking Eugenix.
Wish you the very best, and happy growing 🙂

Thank you @forest what you said is very true.

@Naveenkumar Congratulations and all the best for your result. Please keep updating us.

• Like 1

Kind Regards
Abhinay Singh  -  I am no longer a representative for Eugenix Hair Sciences. If you want to contact them please see below:

Email : info@eugenix.in    WhatsApp Call/Message: +91 79-779-15534          My Hair Transplant Journey 
I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

• 1 month later...

Hello people.. hope you all are doing fine. Here to give a quick 2 months update. Donor part has healed nicely (pic attached) and many of shedded grafts started growing. Few grafts didn’t fall at all and are still growing along with native hair (don’t know if it’s good or bad). It is so itchy sometimes that I’m unable to control my hands, so I’m  massaging the buds gently 😜. Am taking Finasteride every alternate day and using baby shampoo for shower. I know it’s still long waiting for me but I started to think of all ‘what if’ s 😒. Could any please tell if it all looks okay? I’ve not been using any cap or covering and am moving as if nothing happened to my forehead. Also, it would be great if you suggest what hair oil are you guys using to help the buds grow healthy. 

thank you, I’m looking forward for your answers 😊

843CA781-BAAE-4A90-9639-1ECD71F0A82C.jpeg

12297CFA-4520-4F75-85B8-AD53B976A463.jpeg

87C821D8-7DA4-430E-9758-38EEEDBD9DD8.jpeg

8F7F4870-2BD1-4C1D-99B9-36C6BA0AF4F6.jpeg

5A313A2D-5F7B-407B-89AD-626C119ADF5C.jpeg

2495C575-C4EC-4904-9080-DA80FFF8D13C.jpeg

E132F95E-9362-42DC-9B04-70C20DEFBDD0.jpeg

• Like 3

My rule of thumb is that if you could look better during your ugly duckling phase than you did prior to the surgery, you are going to knock the ball out of the park my friend! Looking forward to following your progress and the eventual and final results! Keep the updates coming, and don't forget that by week 5 you need to get back onto Minoxidil to help minimize shock loss and promote new growth. Make sure you also apply it to your temples as well.

As far as oils go, I've heard that Sea buckthorn oil is very good, but I'd get a few more opinions on that before deciding which oil makes the most sense post-op. 

• Like 2

Thank you brother Mazab 

1 hour ago, MazAB said:

My rule of thumb is that if you could look better during your ugly duckling phase than you did prior to the surgery, you are going to knock the ball out of the park my friend! Looking forward to following your progress and the eventual and final results! Keep the updates coming, and don't forget that by week 5 you need to get back onto Minoxidil to help minimize shock loss and promote new growth. Make sure you also apply it to your temples as well.

As far as oils go, I've heard that Sea buckthorn oil is very good, but I'd get a few more opinions on that before deciding which oil makes the most sense post-op. 

Thank you dear friend.. I’ve never used minoxidil.. Will check with my doctor n proceed. Will surely post my progress 😀thanks again..

• Like 1

@Naveenkumar if you look closely at the zoomed in picture of your scalp, you can already see small hair in between the larger ones. Your regrowth is just beginning, just hang in there. I am also at a similar stage at day 56 after my HT at Eugenix. Hope we both get the result we want.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Mggm said:

@Naveenkumar if you look closely at the zoomed in picture of your scalp, you can already see small hair in between the larger ones. Your regrowth is just beginning, just hang in there. I am also at a similar stage at day 56 after my HT at Eugenix. Hope we both get the result we want.

Yes brother. Thanks for the response. Saw your progress.. pretty well growing 👍🏻

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

At only 8 weeks post op your donor has bounced back and looks excellent! Your recipient area also appears to have healed very quickly also. You have gone to one of the best clinics in the world and you are going to have great results. Keep in touch with Eugenix and ask as many questions as you feel you need to. I look forward to following your journey. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1