Topical Dutasteride Effective For Hair Loss?

Melvin- Admin

19 hours ago, mustang said:

This is correct

I have measured my DHT with both

Oral Dutasteride: 84% reduction

Oral Finasteride: 65% reduction

Topical Finasteride: 63% reduction

Topical Dutasteride: 15% reduction

I have also measured my scalp DHT and will doing some biopsies again 

@mustang Could you please share more info about your experience?

1. How long have you been using this topical Dut? How often, once a day, once a week?

2. How long does a botttle of this topical Dut last?

3. How long did you use Finasteride pill? How often?

4. How long did you use topical Finastride?  How often?

You get no side-effects with topical Dut but you got with Fin pils? Could you elaborate more on this?

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, win200 said:

Has anyone looked at the topical dutasteride formulas available through Strut?

No, can your share some links?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I was working with a pharmacy in SF to compound me some topical dut, but I asked my HT surgeon (Diep) about it and he told me that it won't do anything.  I decided to take the plunge and replace oral fin with dut at 0.5mg/day per his recommendation.

• Administrators

Was dm’d this link for anyone interested 

https://www.minoxidilmax.com/topical-dutasteride-Duderma

Anyone have any info on this?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

12 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Was dm’d this link for anyone interested 

https://www.minoxidilmax.com/topical-dutasteride-Duderma

Anyone have any info on this?

Stay away from them. They import non regulated drugs from China and sell them pretending to be an American company. 

I had the worst side effects of my life using their bottles, who knows what they put in it.

On 3/18/2021 at 1:00 PM, win200 said:

I’m about to order some and try it out. My biggest concern is that this seems to be a very new company, I can hardly find anything about them. Also, they’re recommending using DUT topical once daily (and in some cases twice daily) but everything I’ve read on here says to only use it once a week. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2021 at 3:32 PM, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

No, theoretically, you'll have a higher chance of side effect with topical dutasteride than topical finasteride (the increase in risk is negligible though). Getting side effects from either topical dutasteride or topical finasteride are miniscule. Remember, the rate of side effects on oral finasteride are about 5% (which is small).

I took topical fin (https://www.minoxidilmax.com/maxogen-x-topical-finasteride-8-minoxidil-retinoic-acid) and had sides right away within 2 weeks and stopped. I had sides with topical fin also.

I just sent a request to fueclinic and for 100 bucks might give it a shot...

1 hour ago, Panamera13 said:

I took topical fin (https://www.minoxidilmax.com/maxogen-x-topical-finasteride-8-minoxidil-retinoic-acid) and had sides right away within 2 weeks and stopped. I had sides with topical fin also.

I’m curious, what were the side effects that you were getting and what was the concentration of the topical finasteride?

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

4 hours ago, Panamera13 said:

Stay away from MinoxidilMax.

Please guys, I have said it before and I will say it again, DO NOT put unregulated imported crap from China on your scalp

The guys don't even have a US address that's real.

Stay away from them

FUECLINIC has 500 patients on Topical Dutasteride and no complaints on sides.

MM has thousands of kids buying this with no medical supervision fuckng up their endocrine system for good

Their finasteride ruined my life for an entire year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

I’m curious, what were the side effects that you were getting and what was the concentration of the topical finasteride?

I got maxogen X and the first trial product is free so I only paid 7 dollars for shipping. They say apply 1 ml each night and I only applied 0.5 ml every other night and barely applied for 2 weeks and libido was dead pretty much. I stopped right away. I read a user here who said he took it with Ashwagandha and I bought that too from costco but the side effects were pretty much immediate even after taking it with ashwagandha.

Over the last 2 yrs, I have moved from NW5 to NW7 pretty much and I was desperate to save what's left but I'd prefer libido over hair. I just sent a request to fueclinic so let's see if they reply back/ship. Another 100 bucks gamble in this long process.

Also, I ready shifty's thread and he said something about DSL product that he's trying (https://dslaboratories.com/collections/mens/products/spectral-dnc-n-redensifying) Has anyone else tried this.

I don't plan to use Maxogen-X at all for now. Good thing is morning wood (80%) is back but it took 6-8 weeks so Fin gives me serious sides OR maybe I used too much and should have used 0.5ml just once a week but again I trust the long term members on this site than reviews posted online on DSL or MinoxMax etc.

minox.png

Edited by Panamera13

I bought their 0.2% Finasteride

I applied it twice.

It felt like it was 20% or I don't know what but dick was completely dead and libido gone for months and the worst brain fog ever. Thankfully things got back to normal eventually after 6 months but it cost me my relationship

We went on holiday with my GF at the time and I could not initiate sex. Libido was totally gone. It was far worse than oral finasteride. 

I then did my research on them and found it's unregulated drugs from China they import.

I sincerely hope they get shutdown. They don't care about messing up peoples lives to make money which is not what happens with other companies offering this who actually have doctors and pharmacists behind giving you indications of usage and most importantly having this done with pharma grade drugs in a regulated environment. 

Edited by mustang
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mustang said:

Thankfully things got back to normal eventually after 6 months but it cost me my relationship

We went on holiday with my GF at the time and I could not initiate sex. Libido was totally gone. It was far worse than oral finasteride. 

It’s often an overlooked subject, but younger guys worrying about how women will perceive them without or with less hair, don’t fully appreciate that the above is more likely to be a detrimental factor to relationships. 

Sorry to hear your story man. 

• 2 years later...

Sorry about necroing on old thread, but I found my way to it from googling. I was about to buy the finasteride only bottle from Minoxidilmax, but now I'm having second thoughts. Does anyone know:

Has the company Minoxidilmax cleaned up their act since this thread was made?

Are there any other companies which sell finasteride topical without other ingredients? Shipping to Europe. 

Sorry to hear about your experiences, mustang. It sounds like you've got a massive dose of fin yeah, or something worse. 

Edited by Bluelagoon

On 8/30/2023 at 9:06 PM, mustang said:

Parati and Anagenica are in Europe

Thanks, mustang! I found the latter company, not the former, when googling. Anagenica has finasteride topical, but only together with other ingredients, such as a minoxidil-like substance. My skin didn't agree with minoxidil, so that's something I am trying to stay away from. 

Do you think it would be an idea to buy this propylene glycol solvent from minoxidilmax, and make own topical finasterid dissolving tablets? I'd prefer to get everything ready compounded from a pharmacy, just fin + solvent, but it's hard to find any who offer just that. 

https://www.minoxidilmax.com/pg-solvent-propylene-glycol-ethanol

7 hours ago, Bluelagoon said:

Thanks, mustang! I found the latter company, not the former, when googling. Anagenica has finasteride topical, but only together with other ingredients, such as a minoxidil-like substance. My skin didn't agree with minoxidil, so that's something I am trying to stay away from. 

Do you think it would be an idea to buy this propylene glycol solvent from minoxidilmax, and make own topical finasterid dissolving tablets? I'd prefer to get everything ready compounded from a pharmacy, just fin + solvent, but it's hard to find any who offer just that. 

https://www.minoxidilmax.com/pg-solvent-propylene-glycol-ethanol

Trichoxidil has nothing to do with Minoxidil. It’s a vegan natural compound

Just email them and ask without trichoxidil but it would be silly to not include it imho. It’s probably the same price and you miss out on the growth factors.

That solvent would work by the way. I don’t see why not