How many grafts do I need? (28M)

I’m looking to make my mid frontal point (widows peak) stronger and bring it down at most a mm.  Also want to make this V hairline a little lower and less aggressive. Within the past year my hairline has receded to where I can’t style my hair the way I want and it looks like shit to my standards. My bangs have become paper thin and it’s very disheartening. It doesn’t help that I have super fine hair. It I had coarser hair then this wouldn’t be as bad but the natural fineness and slow thinning has caused my hair to become weak and lifeless. I need extra volume in my bangs and I feel like a transplant can do that for me 

I posted a picture of when I was 15-16 to show you my juvenile. I’ve been on finasteride for about 8 months 

Any feedback will be so much appreciated 

0D495060-FEE9-47D2-9691-3253CCF4BA77.jpeg

CAFF65E0-65BC-40E6-9FA5-8D9697ECF5BE.jpeg

C49E54C2-4B2C-4AD5-92DA-7AE074355CD9.jpeg

8C7061FA-4561-4094-9465-16DF51A91360.jpeg

40FFCE77-1418-40B9-B8FE-983C32261EC9.jpeg

C2ADF674-BFF4-4AD4-B7F3-F05D1C8AD717.jpeg

DF45423B-7E75-4398-8208-83AAF94CE09F.jpeg

12953AD3-A0C5-4860-A124-11D4BC9E0BB4.png

Your hairline has simply matured. It does not appear to be miniaturized to any significant extent. You are not currently a hair transplant candidate at this time. Stay and fin and keep a close eye on it. 

• Like 1

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

As others have stated, your hairline is mature and suits you well. Stay on finasteride and minoxidil. If you'd like, consult with recommended surgeons here:

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN

Feel free to PM me any questions you have or if you want surgeon recs. 

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

Definitely agree with others, this looks like hairline maturation. If someone posted this pic as the result of having a hair transplant the forum consensus replies would be that its a grandslam. Anything you would have done, since the doctor is going to have to integrate the new grafts along the borders of your existing hair, is going to potentially risk losing some of that border area hair to permanent shock loss from the surgery trauma, because you still have so much hair.

I don't think childhood is a good reference in any sense, but seeing your hair just before you started finasteride would be valuable in determining how much male pattern baldness is an actual factor for you.

When we are young alot of us prefer to grow our hair long and style it forward over parts of our face, and since our facial bone structures still haven't developed much it often looks better than other styling options. But as we age and our faces mature, shorter hair lengths styled/combed back bring out those matured features for alot of people better.  You should be looking forward instead of back at what you had during childhood, try some new hair length/styling that better compliment your face.

image.png.5f35d81f800ba078633a6de67cd22edb.png

• Like 1

• Administrators

You should not be considering surgery, you have a perfectly normal forehead. As a child, you had a small forehead, too small IMO.

Personally, I think that look is unappealing, it doesn’t look aesthetic. The proportions look off. 

image.jpeg

this hairline looks proportionally better and more appealing, which is similar to what you got.

image.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.