Floyd Mayweathers HT Already Grew WTF!

• Administrators

Alright guys, 

So a few weeks ago Floyd Mayweather revealed he had an HT. Looked like he just got an HT. Now, he’s posted some recent pictures showing full results. Any theories? My guess is he got it done a while ago, and only now decided to reveal his results. What do you guys think? Another possibility is that he’s at the phase where the grafts haven’t shed yet. 

E0A8E54F-9B93-4C85-A1D6-F109635C7049.jpeg

BC45A71A-B0E0-4162-B83B-5A52B86D6F0E.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

that's a weak ass beard. either of your scenarios are likely...

The first pic he sorta looks like Kanye, if those are his full results, I’d say it looks pretty good. But I’m leaning towards the grafts haven’t shed, if that’s true he heals excellent.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

He looks great, that's taken him back to the 2000s. 

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

• Administrators
1 hour ago, makehairgreatagain said:

Let's see if the TMT can keep an undefeated streak going

If he keeps that hairline he’ll be 51-0 

• Haha 1

View my thread

• Administrators
9 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

A lot of people have said Hair Of Istanbul 😳

Idk if that’s true, he may have got it done elsewhere and just got paid to promote them. Who knows, he may also be at the stage where it looks grown in, but hasn’t shed, time will tell.

• Like 2

View my thread

If the timeline of when he first posted his freshly transplanted selfie was indeed immediately post op, then these recent photos are of the initial 2-3 weeks post surgery where grafts are still present and are yet to shed.

It’s what I call the honeymoon period - where you have a newly created frame to your face, and a pretty nice and dense looking buzz cut style to rock . . All before the ugly duckling phase kicks you back down in the dumps again for a few months 😅 

He must be pretty confident his defence and shoulder role are both still as sharp as ever considering he’s fighting next month . . I can’t imagine taking a few blows being ideal for the grafts in their early stages of growth! 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Curious25 said:

If the timeline of when he first posted his freshly transplanted selfie was indeed immediately post op, then these recent photos are of the initial 2-3 weeks post surgery where grafts are still present and are yet to shed.

It’s what I call the honeymoon period - where you have a newly created frame to your face, and a pretty nice and dense looking buzz cut style to rock . . All before the ugly duckling phase kicks you back down in the dumps again for a few months 😅 

He must be pretty confident his defence and shoulder role are both still as sharp as ever considering he’s fighting next month . . I can’t imagine taking a few blows being ideal for the grafts in their early stages of growth! 

He's fighting logan paul? He's not getting hit lol.

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, BaldingtimetoLdar said:

He's fighting logan paul? He's not getting hit lol.

There’s no way that fight would get sanctioned. I don’t care how big Logan Paul is, he’ll get murdered by Mayweather. 

View my thread

His HT looks great though. Not so sure though why he wasted grafts on a beard. People generally save beard grafts for the hair. Don't get me wrong beards rock but I feel he should have kept some for the head but again not sure of his level of loss. 

Guys how about if he just didn't shed and grafts just grew. Even when he used to be off between fights he never used to let his weight fluctuate much. He claims to not drink and his only bad habit are his twinky cravings lol. Maybe staying really active and healthy got his blood circulation really good and the grafts just kept growing. 

Edited by deitel130

• Moderators
10 hours ago, deitel130 said:

Guys how about if he just didn't shed and grafts just grew. Even when he used to be off between fights he never used to let his weight fluctuate much. He claims to not drink and his only bad habit are his twinky cravings lol. Maybe staying really active and healthy got his blood circulation really good and the grafts just kept growing. 

I don't drink, never smoked, never used any drugs, lifted weights regularly in highschool, but none of that ever helped my hair. I was a NW6 in my early 20s. The weight lifting actually made my hair fall out faster, so I don't think staying healthy has much to do with it.

• Like 4

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

3 hours ago, BeHappy said:

I don't drink, never smoked, never used any drugs, lifted weights regularly in highschool, but none of that ever helped my hair. I was a NW6 in my early 20s. The weight lifting actually made my hair fall out faster, so I don't think staying healthy has much to do with it.

I agree staying healthy has nothing to do with hair loss. Tbh honest I don't really think it has much to do with shedding either. My two hair transplants were 10 years apart. In my 9th year post HT I started lifting weights again and I noticed I started losing a lot of my native hair. I was still on Finasteride but it seemed like the weight lifting caused my body to produce more testosterone and thus more conversion to DHT. The Finasteride probably couldn't keep the levels as low as it was keeping normally as a result. Prior to this I honestly was not even planning a second HT in the near future. So I also like you found hair loss being accelerated as a result of the weight lifting - I was not on any performance enhancers.

I mostly read that there is no relationship to lifting weights and hair loss but again this has not been studies very well. But I did come across a few articles stating that DHT increase occurs. So yes, anyone not impacted by DHT would be fine but those that are can lose hair at a faster pace. Here is a recent video I found on this subject as well.

Edited by deitel130

You probably don't need studies to confirm what would just be logical science to anyone who understands the principles and foundations of hair loss and weight lifting. 

1000's of studies have proved and confirmed that weight lifting can increase testosterone levels. 

More T = More DHT. 

Persons with DHT sensitive follicles will therefore be subject to a higher drive of punishment from our favourite hormone. 

Therefore a fair assumption would be people who are susceptible to hair loss, will possibly be prone to accelerated hair loss from an increase in testosterone induced from weight lifting. 

There is obviously no definitive 'this will always be the case' conclusion, as individually, testosterone increases will vary, as will the impact different levels of increased T will have on their hair loss. 

Take anabolic steroids for instance - they don't cause balding, they merely speed it up on those who are prone to it. Same concept, however at a lower significance. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

You probably don't need studies to confirm what would just be logical science to anyone who understands the principles and foundations of hair loss and weight lifting. 

1000's of studies have proved and confirmed that weight lifting can increase testosterone levels. 

More T = More DHT. 

Persons with DHT sensitive follicles will therefore be subject to a higher drive of punishment from our favourite hormone. 

Therefore a fair assumption would be people who are susceptible to hair loss, will possibly be prone to accelerated hair loss from an increase in testosterone induced from weight lifting. 

There is obviously no definitive 'this will always be the case' conclusion, as individually, testosterone increases will vary, as will the impact different levels of increased T will have on their hair loss. 

Take anabolic steroids for instance - they don't cause balding, they merely speed it up on those who are prone to it. Same concept, however at a lower significance. 

I noticed my hair loss accelerated once I started weight lifting in my early 20’s. I do think it can speed it up, since you’re getting an increase in testosterone. Some supplements like creatine can also cause a higher DHT conversion. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Sijac09 said:

No chance he went to hair of instanbul. Expect it’s a mega expensive job from LA

Not many good clinics in LA tbh, but it is possible. I agree though HOI doubt it.

View my thread