UNNATURAL HAIRLINE - Repaired by Dr Cooley

HairNTear

To clarify, these micro-needling treatments are for the face and/or neck to aid in a "youthful appearance", but in each case it was understood that I was purchasing these treatments in part to address the scarring at the hairline from the H.T.  

The micro-needling can be ~ $400 per session?

The Genius Radio Frequency micro needling can be $2k - $3k for 3 sessions?  Also depends on if you are doing full face or lower face, etc. (obviously for addressing hair transplant scarring lower face is not what you want).

I honestly don't recall the prices.  The doctor regularly has promotions, with the greatest discounts occurring at a fall event in which food and drinks are provided and prizes awarded (pre-covid); since Covid it's been an online event in the fall.  Hopefully the in-person event will resume as it was quite the shindig.

I should say after the first RF procedure a "turkey neck" I was developing disappeared. This alone was worth the cost; the improvement to scalp was a double win.

Honestly, improvement to my skin texture has been superb. The only thing remaining that I don't like is the hair transplant itself which continues to look...off....especially under close inspection.

But at 52, no one expects my hair to look full and thin or soft anyway.  The gray hairs and wiry hairs and thin spots at the front look somewhat natural for a 52 year old hairline, even if it's not what I expected when I purchased the HT at age 40. So at least if the scalp skin looks natural, people are not looking at my hair like I had a transplant; they just think, "52 year old hair".

Below is information on the procedure:

https://www.aesthetispa.com/services/skin-rejuvenation/genius-rf/

Edited by harryforreal

• Administrators
On 4/9/2022 at 9:09 AM, HairNTear said:

Thanks @harryforreal

I’ll do the micro needling for a few months and hopefully that’ll improve the situation.

if not I may consider the Genius RF, how much was it btw? 

Have you talked to Dr. Cooley about the microneedling? Some docs advise against it. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 4/12/2022 at 7:03 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Have you talked to Dr. Cooley about the microneedling? Some docs advise against it. 

Why against it and based on what evidence?  I wouldn't suggest doing a micro-needle treatment immediately after a hair transplant, but there have been no adverse results for me - and that's after regular micro needling AND Genius Radio Frequency micro needling.  The only regrets I have are the hair transplant itself. But micro-needling and Genius? Definitely improves skin texture and collagen and firmness.  No more turkey neck after only 1 session of Genius.

Edited by harryforreal

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Quick update for you now it has been 6 months since the touch up procedure with Dr C.

Now that the redness is fading I think it is really looking great but let me know what you think!

cheers

822EA44D-C3F1-403C-854A-EF3C04B9E1CE.jpeg

149912DD-EBC4-4AA8-95FD-10A1272BB81A.jpeg

767740A6-03CB-4D99-96DA-A0824C0CDDD2.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/4/2022 at 10:25 AM, Fue3361 said:

Am I insane; or does this look like native density?  I can’t looking at all the individual hairs… it looks like easy 90+ follicles per cm2… which I know shouldn’t be the case, or maybe it can for a second transplant?

any idea what current density is?

Did we ever find out the density on this one?

• 4 months later...
On 5/22/2022 at 6:26 AM, BaldV said:

Looks amazing, did Dr Cooley give you any explanation about the redness?

Just to give it time to heal, I think because that skin has had surgery several times it is particularly sensitive/inflamed 

10 hours ago, Mike1J said:

Incredible journey and outstanding result, I envy you and happy for you at the same time! wish to have that feeling again where your results meet your expectations or exceed them 

Appreciate it mate! It’s less of a feeling of I have a great hairline but more of a relief that it’s natural and you aren’t conscious of people staring at it you know

• Administrators

This hairline belongs in the forum’s hall of fame

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 5/19/2022 at 7:43 PM, HairNTear said:

Hi Guys,

Quick update for you now it has been 6 months since the touch up procedure with Dr C.

Now that the redness is fading I think it is really looking great but let me know what you think!

cheers

822EA44D-C3F1-403C-854A-EF3C04B9E1CE.jpeg

149912DD-EBC4-4AA8-95FD-10A1272BB81A.jpeg

767740A6-03CB-4D99-96DA-A0824C0CDDD2.jpeg

wow 🤯🤯🤩🤩

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HairNTear said:

I’ve been following your journey Melvin, it’s looking awesome! 😎

Also that video you did with the ‘you need to watch this in incognito’ comment, that was too funny! 😂😂

Great job encapsulating my story, loved it mate! Keep up the fantastic work 👍

Edited by HairNTear