Hair Transplant - Dr Saifi, Poland

Rossybop

6 month update:

I'm 4 days late with this but hey better late than never.

So my status is that the cosmetic difference of the hair transplant can be very pleasing under most circumstances. It often appears that I have a fairly regular full head of hair, however as you can see from the pics its actually not super thick/dense. On close inspection it can seem a bit thin and a tiny bit gappy, more so on the left side. Another thing that's a bit of a bummer is the temporal peaks on the sides, the hairs there kind of look and feel a bit different to the native hairs when cut short. Nevertheless thus far I'm reasonably happy with the result but to be honest I'd love to see even more of an improvement. With regards to the hair on the sides, bear in mind I had the sides buzzed to a #1 into a #2 like 10 days ago, so the hair there is short, in another week or 2 those transplanted hairs shouldn't look or feel any different to the natives. As for the overall growth, it seems to be mostly growing at a normal angle and in a normal direction which is good.

20210614_203342.jpg

20210614_203353.jpg

20210614_203405.jpg

20210614_203415.jpg

20210614_203422.jpg

20210614_203444.jpg

20210614_203500.jpg

20210614_203540.jpg

Looking really nice 🙂 The hairline seems to be really natural Looking. I think you will have great progress in the coming months. Right side seems to be in better shape than left one, but is it noticeable in real life with styled hair?

• Thanks 1

@JohnAC71 it has defo improved a bit since last month, but I'm not noticing any new hairs popping, haven't noticed any for a while now. Maybe they are popping abeilt very discretely. It would be wonderful if more improvements take place.

@Falconary thanks very much! The hairline looks fine (in my opinion) but when you look closely its definitely not as dense as my native hair. Right side is defo stronger looking than the left. Generally in real life you wouldn't be able to tell I've had a hair transplant, it mostly looks fine, it's only if you look closely at the hair on the sides (temporal peaks) you might notice something has been altered, but you would only notice this when the hair is buzzed very short.

• Like 1

Hopefully the left sides will thicken in time. Dr. Saifi doesnt use a lot of grafts but I think he managed it really well with (if I remember correctly) the 2000 grafts he transplanted. So a great foundation is there, and tons of more grafts left in reserve.  

13 minutes ago, Falconary said:

Hopefully the left sides will thicken in time. Dr. Saifi doesnt use a lot of grafts but I think he managed it really well with (if I remember correctly) the 2000 grafts he transplanted. So a great foundation is there, and tons of more grafts left in reserve.  

Yeah, hopefully it will thicken. Cheers. 2,040 grafts to be precise so I guess if I wanted I could go get more density added in due course.

@Rossybop looking good and par for the course really. You may have further grafts pop in, and existing grafts thicken, but I would say after 6 months post-op you won't be seeing any significant or revolutionary visual changes. 6 months in, you have a good snapshot of the end-result (there are exceptions to everything of course, etc.)

Super common to get a 2nd touchup procedure to add density, if you desire. It's rare to get a perfect result in one go.

It seems like you already know this, but even practically all hair transplants can be "detectable" upon close examination, bright light, etc.

I would only worry about that tho if you were a celebrity or other public persona with your face in tabloids with every millimeter of your face and hair being analyzed. The only real-life people who really visualize hair to the extent needed to detect hair transplant work (in a good result) are hair obsessives like ourselves.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SadMan2021 said:

@Rossybop looking good and par for the course really. You may have further grafts pop in, and existing grafts thicken, but I would say after 6 months post-op you won't be seeing any significant or revolutionary visual changes. 6 months in, you have a good snapshot of the end-result (there are exceptions to everything of course, etc.)

Super common to get a 2nd touchup procedure to add density, if you desire. It's rare to get a perfect result in one go.

It seems like you already know this, but even practically all hair transplants can be "detectable" upon close examination, bright light, etc.

I would only worry about that tho if you were a celebrity or other public persona with your face in tabloids with every millimeter of your face and hair being analyzed. The only real-life people who really visualize hair to the extent needed to detect hair transplant work (in a good result) are hair obsessives like ourselves.

Yeah of course, I see your point man.

Even if I got a good few extra hairs and a nice degree of thickening I'd be quite happy, I think. If it buffs up a bit more and if a handful of new hairs sprout I don't think I'll bother with a touch-up, I'd probably just leave it as it is.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

7 month update:

Perhaps a bit more thickening has happened. Not sure if any new hairs have popped, maybe they have, maybe the haven't.

Generally the transplant is quite satisfying. The visual result is perceptible and it looks fairly natural when you see it in person. Some hairstyles compliment it better than others.

However under some conditions you'd see discrepancies between the transplanted hair and the native hair. Its defo a good bit thinner/sparser. Some of the hairs are growing in a slightly weird looking manner. There's some gappy bits at the hairline. The temporal peaks look a tiny bit altered when the hair is buzzed tight if you look closely.

But as I said, generally speaking, the result is grand. Of course I'd like for it to be thicker, denser, better and more natural, but I'm not too bothered by the shortfalls of it. I'm a lot happier with my hair now than I was before. I could get a top up to make it a good deal better but I don't think I'll bother, not now anyway, because I don't feel too obsessive about the shortfalls of it. In due course I'll put more pics of it up showing different styles, different angles and different light conditions to give a good view of what its like in all its glory.

I think the most important thing about it at this stage is that if you met me in a pub you wouldn't think I've ever had thinning hair or a receding hairline, and you'd never know I had a hair transplant.

20210710_204621.jpg

20210710_204655.jpg

20210710_204726.jpg

20210710_204732.jpg

20210710_204801.jpg

20210710_204808.jpg

20210710_204812.jpg

20210710_205016.jpg

20210710_205031.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I'll do a slicked back one and a range of other styles over the next few weeks maybe to give you all a better idea of how it truly looks. I hope everybody here is keeping well :)

• Like 1

Nice @Rossybop its a good result! Do you normally wear your hair with your bangs down? I'd love to see what it looks like with a side-part. 

You have the right attitude and knowledge regarding hair transplant shortfalls. If you do do a Round 2, I would wait 5-10 years so that the doc could also address any further native hair loss that occurs, in addition to topping off HT #1, all in one surgery. (obviously I hope the rest of your native hair stays put, just being realistic lol).

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SadMan2021 said:

Nice @Rossybop its a good result! Do you normally wear your hair with your bangs down? I'd love to see what it looks like with a side-part. 

You have the right attitude and knowledge regarding hair transplant shortfalls. If you do do a Round 2, I would wait 5-10 years so that the doc could also address any further native hair loss that occurs, in addition to topping off HT #1, all in one surgery. (obviously I hope the rest of your native hair stays put, just being realistic lol).

Hey, I do usually wear my bangs down, although sometimes I quiff it up just a little. I'll do a few different styles and take pics of them here in due course :)

Good idea, maybe I'll wait until I thin out more before going back again.

9 hours ago, JohnnyR said:

nice result so far!

i am surprised that there are good hair surgeons in poland, especially because i am in poland every year.

Cheers bro. Yeah I think there's 2 or 3 of them anyway, with Saifi being the most well-known. There's a chap there called Koloniski or something like that, he also has a lot of experience, although he actually quoted me €8,000+ which was more expensive than Saifi.

There is of course less experienced clinics in Poland too. They are cheaper but they might be more risky than some of the more established places. I went to one called HairMax (I think that's what it was) in Bielska-Biela 3 - 4 years ago. I didn't have much money at the time, I discovered them on Qunomedical. They were going to do something like 1,800 grafts for €2,500. They didn't perform surgery on me because I had psoriasis on my scalp at the time. In hindsight I'm glad I ended up going to Saifi 3 years later, because he has the experience and what not, but I was also impressed by the ethical standards and honest conservative approach to surgery offered by the cheaper clinic in Bielska-Biela. I have no idea if that transplant would have been hugely successful or not, but I'm inclined to think it might have gone alright.

• 1 month later...

8 month update (1 week and 2 days late). Generally quite good bar one or two minor discrepancies. Blends naturally. Weaknesses can be seen when examined under certain lighting but this is probably the norm with transplants and it doesn't bother me too much.

Hair is brushed forward with a fine comb in some pics and in others it is just styled the way I often styled it. I'll put wet hair pics and slicked back pics and pics with hair in different styles and lights on another occasion.

20210819_125649.jpg

20210819_125700.jpg

20210819_125717.jpg

20210819_125731.jpg

20210819_125743.jpg

20210819_125817.jpg

20210819_125819.jpg

20210819_125945.jpg

20210819_125949.jpg

• Like 3

When you pull your hair back ,  see a very natural hairline, have you tried to change your hairstyle?  Bring them backwards even with wax?  I think you'd be fine.

Oops, you wrote that you will, I had limited myself to looking at the pics  without reading.

Edited by Egy
  • Like 2

• Administrators

Looks damn good man

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.