Hair Transplant - Dr Saifi, Poland

Rossybop

37 minutes ago, Rossybop said:

Pretty much. I arrived at about 9am and left after 7pm. It was probably 10 hours or thereabouts. I probably spent an hour or more in the morning getting prepared with shaving, filling out forms, hairline design, photographs and so on. They probably started surgery at 10:30, took a lunch break for 30 minutes at 4pm, and then worked until 7 or thereabouts. His staff are really wonderful, all very nice pleasant ladies. I took a few toilet breaks. It was a long day though.

Long day but well worth it. No pain no gain, in a year or so you'll be rocking this new hairstyle.

Tbh I was kinda worried of Saifi's initial graft quote, but looking at your pics it's perfectly realistic and I think the density should be fine too. I've got bigger zigzags in my hairline, but yours still appears aesthetically well delivered even now. 

Have you got any close-up pics of the temples perhaps? 

• Like 1

Looks really nice. I am also planning to go for Dr Saifi, Will probably book for february. However he also quoted me 2000 grafts which i think is too little, I thought I need 3000 grafts, 2500 grafts at the very least. I have been quoted 3500-4000 grafts by other clinics. But he seems to be very Good with FUT which i think I would go for. Will you go for a check Up the next Day?

48 minutes ago, UnbaldEagle said:

Long day but well worth it. No pain no gain, in a year or so you'll be rocking this new hairstyle.

Tbh I was kinda worried of Saifi's initial graft quote, but looking at your pics it's perfectly realistic and I think the density should be fine too. I've got bigger zigzags in my hairline, but yours still appears aesthetically well delivered even now. 

Have you got any close-up pics of the temples perhaps? 

I hope it works out well 😯

20201211_015817.jpg

20201211_015810.jpg

43 minutes ago, Falconary said:

Looks really nice. I am also planning to go for Dr Saifi, Will probably book for february. However he also quoted me 2000 grafts which i think is too little, I thought I need 3000 grafts, 2500 grafts at the very least. I have been quoted 3500-4000 grafts by other clinics. But he seems to be very Good with FUT which i think I would go for. Will you go for a check Up the next Day?

Can I see a picture of your hair loss. 3,500 - 4,000 is a huge job and I'd always be wary of surgeons that qoute those numbers. Saifi and Anastasakis were my top two choices. Anastasakis estimated 2,000 grafts. Saifi estimated 1,800 but delivered 2,040 after deciding on a slightly more radical approach than was planned.

I won't go for a check up tomorrow because I'm flying home early, but if I was flying out late I'd have been invited back for a check-up and he would have washed the hair for me.

• Administrators

Looks good man, thanks for sharing here. Will follow your progress closely 🙌🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 12/11/2020 at 2:08 AM, Rossybop said:

Can I see a picture of your hair loss. 3,500 - 4,000 is a huge job and I'd always be wary of surgeons that qoute those numbers. Saifi and Anastasakis were my top two choices. Anastasakis estimated 2,000 grafts. Saifi estimated 1,800 but delivered 2,040 after deciding on a slightly more radical approach than was planned.

I won't go for a check up tomorrow because I'm flying home early, but if I was flying out late I'd have been invited back for a check-up and he would have washed the hair for me.

Here is a picture. The crown is not as bad in real life as it is on the picture so my priority is mid/front scalp for now. I will for sure need another transplant in the future so that is why I am opting for FUT more than FUE, atleast right now. 

20201015_122941.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Captain Haddock said:

Nice, clean work. I like the temples. 

Looks like we got operated upon at more or less the same time/day. I got my temples done too. 

Here's my thread:

Looking good bro. Hopefully it will make you very happy :) Don't be bumping your head though lol.

1 hour ago, Falconary said:

Here is a picture. The crown is not as bad in real life as it is on the picture so my priority is mid/front scalp for now. I will for sure need another transplant in the future so that is why I am opting for FUT more than FUE, atleast right now. 

20201015_122941.jpg

I see. Cool man. I wish you well and I hope it works out swimmingly for you.

• 3 weeks later...

**originally posted 11/12/20

Hi guys,

Its well over 24 hours since I finished my transplant now. The head here is wet because I literally just sprayed it.

Is everything looking normal? I put the spray bottle too close to my head earlier and incidentally bumped it off my head 😭 I also bent over to pick up a book on the airplane today and incidentally made contact with the seat in front of me, again giving the head a little bump. I was told that I might get away lucky without damage following those bumps because no blood was drawn. I didn't spray the head for a whole 3 hours on one of the flights home but apart from that I've sprayed it an average of once every hour all day today. Its looking very red in general, red like a raw steak. There's not a lot of thick scabs, mostly blotches of dry blood.

Does everything seem to be alright at this point? Have I sprayed enough? Will those two bumps ruin any grafts? 😭 Scary times guys! Scary!

20201211_231735.jpg

20201211_231724.jpg

20201211_231743.jpg

**posted 17/12/20

Hi guys, can anyone tell me if everything is looking normal at this juncture. I am now exactly 1 week out of Dr Saifi's operating chair following 2,040 FUE follicles.

The donor area looks to be healing ok but there is still little flecks of scabbing in it and a very mild bruising sensation that is fading away. I stopped spraying yesterday after 5 days of very regular spraying. I wash/shampoo daily with mild shampoo by pouring 4 or 5 cups of shampoo over my head and letting it dry naturally.

I'm finding it hard to see much growth activity in the recipient areas, perhaps because my hair is blonde, very very short and mixed with scabs right now? As for the scabbing in the recipient area there are cracks between scabby areas. I assume this is normal? There is some mild bruising arond the temporal points which doesn't worry me. I have not worn any hats, I've mostly stayed indoors in my room. I'll continue to take it easy for another week at least.

I hope everything is going as it should be but I have a few little worries. I had two small bumps coming home last week. I hope this didn't ruin anything. Also I have accidently touched a small part of the grafted area  - the back left part - once or twice by putting my hand on my head. I also patted a bit of my head on day 4/5 after waking up. I might have touched one of the temporal areas too at one stage. I've been trying my best to sleep on my back so I'm hoping I haven't rolled my head into the pillow too hard.

Does everything seem ok or could I be missing grafts? Would grafts have fallen out in the shower when I'm pouring water over my head, or could any have rubbed out onto my pillow if I was rolling around at night?

20201217_150604.thumb.jpg.df5baec968785538557b42c06b60846d.jpg

20201217_150613.jpg

20201217_150628.jpg

20201217_150637.jpg

20201217_150651.jpg

20201217_150709.jpg

20201217_150727.jpg

20201217_150733.jpg

**posted 24/12/20

Ok guys I'm now 14 days out of surgery. Is everything looking normal? I might start scrubbing/shampooing the recipient area more aggressively to get the scruffy appearance cleaned. As you can see its still a bit crusty there. There doesn't seem an awful lot of growth or activity in the recipient areas other than that its been healing up. The donor is free from scabs, there's no pain in it and I think its probably healed properly. The mid-scalp and recipient area has been a bit numb since surgery, its still not come back to life but I think the numbness is starting to fade a little bit and I believe this is normal. Feedback would be apprecieated. Cheers.

Also last night when grooming a tiny bit of a scab came off at the hairline and a hair came with it. I assume this is normal at this stage?

20201224_155434.jpg

20201224_155443.jpg

20201224_155449.jpg

20201224_155502.jpg

20201224_155516.jpg

20201224_155539.jpg

20201224_155547.jpg

FOR THE RECORD THIS PROCEDURE WAS CARRIED OUT ON 10/12/20 AT AM-MED, WROCLAW, POLAND, BY DR SAIFI AND HIS TEAM.

THERE WAS 2,040 GRAFTS TRANSPLANTED VIA FUE.

425 SINGLES, 920 DOUBLES, 695 TREBLES & QUADS (MORE 3'S THAN 4'S).

Edited by Rossybop

11 hours ago, Rossybop said:

FOR THE RECORD THIS PROCEDURE WAS CARRIED OUT ON 10/12/20 AT AM-MED, WROCLAW, POLAND, BY DR SAIFI AND HIS TEAM.

THERE WAS 2,040 GRAFTS TRANSPLANTED VIA FUE.

425 SINGLES, 920 DOUBLES, 695 TREBLES & QUADS (MORE 3'S THAN 4'S).

That's a fairly good ratio, Ross. 

425 singles should provide a well refined hairline. I wonder if those were naturally occurring so or they had to be dissected? 

5 hours ago, UnbaldEagle said:

That's a fairly good ratio, Ross. 

425 singles should provide a well refined hairline. I wonder if those were naturally occurring so or they had to be dissected? 

I don't really understand the nature of good ratios. I'm not sure if the singles were natural, I can ask him next month though when I email him in the new year.

Pictures taken in theatre on the day of surgery.

I liked the idea of angling the grafts straight so that they grow straight down my forehead, this would make it easy to wear a very natural straight fringe. However I believe the grafts were angled so that they well grow out a little to the left, because, my native hair seems to be growing that way because I have been forcefully combing it over to the left for 10 years to cover the receding corners.

One of my worries is that the hairs will be pointing in an odd looking angle if/when they grow, or they'll just point out upwards and agressively sideways or something like that.

I'd be grateful if somebody could look at the pictures and let me know if the grafts are angled in a way that won't look mad or too strong.

Screenshot_20201223-231019_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201223-230921_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201223-231127_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201223-231219_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201223-231732_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201223-231825_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201223-231953_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201222-232553_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201222-232457_Chrome.jpg

IMG-20201216-WA0003.jpg

2 minutes ago, MrProfessor said:

Nice.

At 14 days, most scrubs should have disappeared.

How old are you ?

Scrubs? You mean scabs? They are all gone now, but as you have noted it was very crusty and scabby up there at day 14. That might be because I didn't start massaging shampoo into the recipient are until about 2 weeks had passed. I was too paranoid to touch the recipient area. I've been more aggressive with the shampoo lately though and I've also since gently picked the crusted areas. Consequently now at 18 days there's no crusting or scabbing left.

If you haven't gotten rid of the scabs by day 14 can it affect the final outcome?

I am 30 years old.

• 2 weeks later...

I was meant to update this on Sunday because Sunday marked the 1 month milestone, anyway, better late than never.

Here is my update exactly 1 month (and 2 days) post-op. 5 days ago I buzzed my hair to a #4 all over to even out bits that were shaved to a different length at surgery, however, barely any hair was trimmed, just a few tiny flakes. I wonder is my hair growing at a normal pace?

I completely cleansed the scabs off in the third week. I have not been in any pain but there is still a mild numb sensation in the mid scalp and transplanted area, I wonder is this normal?

A lot of the transplanted hair, in fact maybe most of it, has not totally shed. Loads of it did shed after 2 - 3 weeks but loads of it didn't shed. Also, a lot of the transplanted hairs have not grown or developed, they are just remaining as bits of stubble. Many of the hairs have grown but many have not. I wonder is this normal?

The pinkness/redness of the transplanted area is perceptible although not too scary. Instinct tells me it looks normal at this juncture.

I'm still using the free sample of mild CR Labs shampoo that was given to me at the clinic, but when this runs out soon I will start using regular Head and Shoulders or biotin shampoo with collagen. I shampoo my hair once every two days.

The donor area seems to be normal.

I started using Regaine 5% twice daily 8 days ago. I will continue using it to see if it is any good. I've been using 1.25mg of finasteride daily for 5.5 months and will continue to do so for the time being.

It would be great if anyone could give feedback on what they think of my progress so far.

I'll probably wait another two months have passed before I update this thread again. By that stage I will be at the 3 month milestone.

Thanks and best wishes - Ross.

20210112_164142.jpg

20210112_164157.jpg

20210112_164214.jpg

20210112_164227.jpg

20210112_164232.jpg

20210112_164238.jpg

20210112_164306.jpg