Toppik DermMatch Prothik which is best?

• Administrators

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Good old Toppik is the first and only concealer I have ever used. Doesn't come off on my pillow, during exercise, wind, or rain even. Only way it ever comes off is in a shower. I only put it on my crown and as far as I can tell it conceals my crown loss flawlessy. 

Love it. If I had to give any complaint at all, its hard to get a good shake out of it. Either I shake and too much comes out, or don't shake hard enough. I feel like this occurs with all concealers tho. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, DenverBuff1989 said:

Good old Toppik is the first and only concealer I have ever used. Doesn't come off on my pillow, during exercise, wind, or rain even. Only way it ever comes off is in a shower. I only put it on my crown and as far as I can tell it conceals my crown loss flawlessy. 

Love it. If I had to give any complaint at all, its hard to get a good shake out of it. Either I shake and too much comes out, or don't shake hard enough. I feel like this occurs with all concealers tho. 

Try Caboki, it’s definitely my favorite in terms of quality and pricing. The 30 grams usually lasts me a while. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Melvin- Admin changed the title to Toppik DermMatch Prothik which is best?
  • 2 months later...
On 12/1/2020 at 4:02 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Great video on the different concealers Melvin.  

I'm trying to be proactive and think 5 months down the road, and my FUE I know will still be in the growing phase.  For someone who is 5 months in from FUE (hair probably still really short) and there is still not enough density in the hairline area.  Would you recommend the Toppik layers or a spray to cover the FUE transplant line?  Did you have to use any of these products while you were waiting for the final results?  And which one did you like best?

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Tried them all,  but I'm been using Dermmatch for years... 

Hands down the best.   It definitely does more then just tint the scalp.  It does bind to your hair like hair fibers.  It's great for the summer beaches, pool and workouts cause it's waterproof.   

The main con is that it does take a longer then the others to apply....    I apply it to dry hair,  then I use a little hair spray. And then blow dry it on low.  

• 7 months later...

Hello, i use hair fibers and now my hair looks very good.

Also, minoxidil have made me some small baby tiny hairs in the hairline.

So i use fibers on hairline and they look great on hairline with small hairs

Pls check 2 photos, one is with fibers use, the other is without.

@Melvin- Moderator

1. My question is , do you think if i combine also fibers with dermmatch on hairline will look even  better for my case? or what other product can i use wth toppik to make my hairline even better? thanks

2. dry shampoo?

3. volumizing shampoo?

toppik.png

notoppik.png

On 7/10/2022 at 5:37 AM, nikosgreece said:

Hello, i use hair fibers and now my hair looks very good.

Also, minoxidil have made me some small baby tiny hairs in the hairline.

So i use fibers on hairline and they look great on hairline with small hairs

Pls check 2 photos, one is with fibers use, the other is without.

@Melvin- Moderator

1. My question is , do you think if i combine also fibers with dermmatch on hairline will look even  better for my case? or what other product can i use wth toppik to make my hairline even better? thanks

2. dry shampoo?

3. volumizing shampoo?

toppik.png

notoppik.png

Pics are not really a fair comparison because you are holding your hair back in the 2nd. 

I use a thickening shampoo the increase the "illusion of density" and it does seem to work. Although Nizoral shampoo seems to have the same effect

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey thanks a lot for this, I had a 1200 graft procedure to my crown just 2 days ago in Chicago. How long after my procedure can I start using these fiber products on my crown to make it look a little better?  Is there a fiber product you recommend using for after a FUE treatment. I am going on vacation in 45 days and would love to try and conceal my crown. Here is what the crown looks like 2 days after, does it look OK to you?

I am so nervous about this procedure and second guessing myself a lot, I do not think I did proper research on how bad the crown will look for so long after the procedure. Thanks so much for your website with all this information. Is there a place to donate?

crown.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Cory said:

Can someone find the ingredients list of Dermmatch anywhere?

Weirdly enough they don't mention it on their website. Or I'm not looking properly?

Couvré contains no dyes and does not block pores or interfere with normal hair growth. This waterproof, dry-touch formula with natural pigments conceals the scalp, resulting in hair that looks fuller and thicker. Some of the main ingredients for Couvré are Water, Propylene Glycol, Isopropyl Myristate and panthenol. Couvre products are a natural mix of organic moisturisers, iron oxides and natural colorants. 

• Administrators
On 3/2/2023 at 4:12 PM, Xanadu said:

So - everyone says a different product is the best. 

I guess there is no best one then?

It depends on the situation. If you want something water proof, dermmatch is best. You want something that is easy to apply and works good on miniaturizing hair, toppik is best. 

• Like 2

View my thread

• 6 months later...
On 11/8/2023 at 8:49 AM, mosd said:

Im still yet to find one that is good while sleeping. Seems like all of them rubs of on the pillow cases...any tips?

I had this problem for years...   And being single at the time...  The best thing I did was get dark sheets and dark pillow cases.   And once I wake up,  turn it over. Lol. 

I did this for years when i was using dermmathc religiously

• 2 months later...

I use Toppik, whether it's the best or not... not sure. It's the only one I've used. 

@Etownone Same, dark sheets only; sort of follows my philosophy with clothing too. You can also wear a head covering like a doorag, bandana or nightcap. 

• Like 1

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella