My experience with Dr. Diep MHTA Clinic (11/12/2020) - FUE/FUT Combo 2622 grafts

WS2020

• Administrators

I think you’re healing exceptionally well, honestly it looks really good for a few weeks.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I went to Dr. Diep's office to remove the stitches on Monday. Mary is the technician who is very nice. Waited about 15 minutes and the whole procedure took another 20 minutes. There were no pain until she removed the knot in the very front. I hope the soreness will go away soon.

My follow up appointment with a complimentary Acel shot is in two weeks. I will report back.

Btw, I am exactly 3 weeks in and the donor hair in my recipient area are half gone. Normal to shed this early in the process? 

Anyway, a photo from yesterday after the removal of the stitches. The donor area looks pretty good in the photo....... with the correct lighting.

20201130_212655.jpg

Edited by WS2020
  • Like 1

• Administrators

WOW the strip scar looks invisible. You have healed incredibly well. It's normal to shed quick. I believe I started shedding around 3 weeks, and by a month all of my grafts were gone and I was left looking like this 

image.png

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 1 month later...

A two month update:

I just went to Dr. Diep office for a two month follow up and a second steroid shot for my FUT scar yesterday. I can tell the office was pretty busy with three staff sitting in the reception area. I had my normal chit chat with Dr. Diep in his office about my family and life, and the shot is pretty quick and not so painful than the first shot. In and Out after 30 minutes for a 5pm appointment. 

These are the photos from today after two month. It is due for my bi-weekly haircut with 2 guard. The recipient looks pretty spare and Dr. Diep assured me it is normal after two months. The donor area looks fine (especially I had both FUE and FUT done at the same time.) Pretty happy with the outcome. Medication wise, I am taking fin 1mg three times a week (No sexual side effect by definitely brain fart) and minoxidil 5% once a day. Shampoo wise, Nizoral is my weapon of choice. I also got two prescriptions for anti-itching and it is under control. Still take Aleve once or twice a week for the nerve pain in the donor area but it is getting less but are still there.

Overall, I am quite happy with the end result and met my expectation after two months. Let's hope I will see more results in the third month.

20210116_073912.jpg

20210116_073833.jpg

20210116_073829.jpg

20210116_073624.jpg

20210116_073647.jpg

• Administrators

Your donor has recovered perfectly, fun times ahead 🙌🏼

View my thread

Most people go through the “ ugly ducking” phase at the 3rd month but you look incredible at this point.  Your donor looks fantastic! Stay the course and get ready for some serious growth to kick in You might be another home run from Dr Diep. 

Edited by Skyb
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

It has been exactly 4 months. It is about time to give everyone an update.

I start seeing more significant hair growth during the last 3 weeks. I am still using the minoxidil once a day and fin 3 times per week. The front looks decent on zoom if I tile my head in certain angle. The back is healing pretty good and people should not be able to tell if I use a three guard or longer. 

Here are the photos from yesterday after I cut my own hair with a 2 guards. Not salon quality but doesn't matter since not going anywhere.

I don't think I am out of the wood yet but hopeful it will come out fine. Positive thinking!

20210313_102808.jpg

20210313_102721.jpg

20210313_103641.jpg

20210313_103658.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Wow this is looking fantastic for 4 months. Definitely excited for these next coming months 🙌🏼

• Like 1

View my thread

• 1 month later...

My fifth month update.

Things are definitely looking up. Depends on the angle and lighting, the front view looks like I have a full head of hair until I tile my head. The donor areas go back to looking normal and my wife cannot even tell where is my FUT scar is. On the other hand, the pimples are a little bit out of control but it is pretty normal based on what I read. I am still taking the Fin 3 times a week + Minoxidil mousse once a day. The side effect has been ok I believe. 

Anyway, I am happy with the progress so far and looking forward to the one year mark.

Btw, it seems like my full time work from home days are going to over in a month or two. Good timing on my part to skip the ugly ducking phase during covid. Frankly, I think it was only the first month and half that I felt my head looked bad when I stepped outside.

Here are the photos from couple days back. I buzzed my head with a two guard and will start let my hair grow longer from this point on. 

20210414_131424.jpg

20210414_130816.jpg

20210414_130807.jpg

20210414_130543.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Things are definitely starting to grow. I think you’re right on track like cahustler. I would suggest growing out the top at this point. The strip scar is pretty damn invisible wow, how short is your hair?

View my thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Month 6 update:

I think I am at the turning point after six months. The nerve pain at the donor zone is definitely getting better and it looks good with longer hair in certain light condition. You can see from the pic that there are still some little pink areas. 

The front looks overall pretty decent also. With the flash light, you can see some spots still not totally filled out but it does look good enough on zoom for sure. I am still using Minoxidil once a day but do cut down on Fin from three to only once a week. Just feeling some side effect.

Here are some new photos. Please excuse my haircut. Have not cut my hair since the month 5 photos and want to grow it out.

20210511_181346.jpg

20210511_181700.jpg

20210511_181728.jpg

20210511_181349.jpg

Edited by WS2020
  • Like 1

Donor looks great, recipient looks great... what else can you ask for?  👏

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• Administrators

Holy crap dude that looks amazing 🤩 

This has to be some of the fastest growth ive seen in a months time, besides my 13 year old nephew who grew 9 inches in a year lol1FCAED1D-95F7-4FFF-A605-C0C0AD66D3B8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

View my thread

11 hours ago, RandoBrando517 said:

You got strip and FUE? How short do you cut the sides? I don’t see any scarring. Looks damn good when did you notice the most growth?

Yes, I got both. I was using a 2 guard on the sides for exactly a month ago. Trying to grow the hair out. I think I start look good enough to trick people at the 5th month and the most growth so far is definitely during the last thirty days.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WS2020 said:

Yes, I got both. I was using a 2 guard on the sides for exactly a month ago. Trying to grow the hair out. I think I start look good enough to trick people at the 5th month and the most growth so far is definitely during the last thirty days.

Doesn’t look like a trick to me looks good already 

• 1 month later...

Month 7 update:

Time flies. It is summer and time to do my monthly update. The progress is definitely slowing down after last month and the density is not much different. I am still using Min daily and Fin once a week. I did go back to the office this week after more than a year and my co-worker thinks my new hair looks very nature. My wife also thinks the hair looks pretty decent but I truly hope it will fill up more. 

My expectation is not very high but do worry me a little. 

Pic time and there is very little discomfort any more:

20210616_215344.jpg

20210616_215127.jpg

20210616_215207.jpg

20210616_215219.jpg

20210621_000127.jpg

Edited by WS2020