2561 FUT - Dr. Bloxham

hairlossPA

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

@hairlossPA

look forward to seeing your updates 🙌🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, yesplease said:

Would love an update! Thanks 

I think it’s safe to say hairlosspa probably won’t be updating this thread. Either way wish him the best glad he’s happy. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

17 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I think it’s safe to say hairlosspa probably won’t be updating this thread. Either way wish him the best glad he’s happy. 

I definitely wish him the best!

and I hope he’s happy at this point. Sometimes people lose touch with the forum once they achieve results that allow them to move forward. Sometimes they lose touch because they are disappointed with their results and struggling to move forward. Either way it’s helpful to the community to be in the loop, and that in turn allows the community to support the individual. 

Hopefully for him it’s the former scenario. 

• Like 2

i’m going through a weird phase right now. since April i have been shedding hair, probably native, and it’s deteriorated my result. i’m on fin, and i have had these shedding seasons before. it was solid in april/may. i’d say a 7 or 8 out of 10 in terms of satisfaction. but now it’s like at a 4. i’m waiting to see if it rebounds

Hang in there, man. 

Those seasonal sheds seem to plague us all.  Hopefully your native hair bounces back and blends well with the transplanted hair as it matures.

If it does rebound, it might be a good idea to consider some of the off-label topicals (oral min, ru, fluridil) as an added layer of protection on the scalp.

You'd hope that Fin + a transplant would be enough.  There are a lot of good resources on the board to add to a more aggressive protocol and ward off these intense sheds.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, hairlossPA said:

it’s honestly driving me insane because each day it gets worse and worse. and i’m just waiting for that day where it starts to turn back around. i don’t feel great 

Damn, I’m sorry to hear this. I definitely feel for you, it seems your HT experience has been a pretty stressful one overall.

have you reached out to Dr Bloxham about this? I’m sure his reply is “more time”

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@hairlossPA  Been a long time and I hope all is well.  I was in to see Dr Bloxham for a consultation end of November and got caught up on your thread.  I noticed you referenced some "seasonal shedding" and that your satisfaction with the results had taken steps back - have you rebounded and/or did things start to normalize?  I sincerely hope so.  If you could post an update it would be appreciated.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Would really love to see an update.

View my thread

• 3 months later...

Hey @hairlossPA !

Seeing your progress from balding to handsome full head of hair over the years made me sign up to the forum. congrats, your results are amazing. I admire that you were patient and took the medical route for years instead of rushing into a transplant.

I'm curious about your situation now, did you experience more regrowth recently? And as you were talking about shedding, did you consider adding dut, 1.25 mg oral minox or ru58841 to your regimen? Are you still on topical minox?

I hope your shedding stopped and that the new hairs grow ! Keep us updated with photos. I'm sure there are a lot of lurkers reading your post who'd like to see the updates as well. Thanks you!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...