Hello everyone - 

I've been on this site with an account for almost 3 years now, and I honestly can't believe I actually pulled the trigger haha. It still hasn't hit me yet.

Some of you might be aware of the amazing results I have received from finasteride alone (here), but over time, those results haven't really held up, so I decided to get a hair transplant to rebuild my frontal third. I was originally planning to see Hasson and Wong in Canada earlier this year, but due to COVID and travel restrictions, that was no longer a possibility and I was losing valuable recovery time as each month passed. I am still working from home, and laying low as we get ready for the winter months is just too perfect of a time to get a transplant for me to pass up. I already had an in-person consultation with Dr. Bloxham last year, so he had already seen me, and I was comfortable going with him. Luckily he was able to get me in on such short notice.

I won't bore everyone with the regular details, but overall the procedure was pretty smooth. Here are some quick notes:

1. Procedure Date: 11/4/2020
  2. Total Grafts: 2561. Singles: 1051. Multi (2s and 3s): 1510. I was kind of disappointed to learn I had so many singles, but oh well...
  3. When I asked him how my laxity was he responded "very good".
  4. A tech said I have "beautiful grafts". Fingers crossed that means a good result :)
  5. The numbing injections hurt much more than I thought they would. I would say 7/10 on the first pass, and then 3/10 on the later passes.
  6. The years of experience of all the techs working on me ranged from 20 years, 10 years, 10 years, 6 years and 3 years. So that was comforting that they had been with the clinic that long. They were all very nice.

In the hotel after the HT:

IMG_8710.JPG

In the bathroom at the clinic. Last pic pre-HT😅

IMG_8696.JPG

Edited by hairlossPA
  • Like 1

Picture of scar morning after surgery when the bandage came off. It pretty much goes ear to ear or temple to temple if you wanna call it that. I am getting my staples removed on friday when they will be at their Philadelphia location which is closer to me.

8DA22071-F805-4218-98A5-5512684BDAE7.thumb.jpeg.ea277b17678609cb9c35b0f6c0043dd8.jpeg

I've seen some of Dr. Bloxham's post-op patients and the scar heals so well that's it's barely discernable, even with short hair. Avoid vigorous exercise, smoking, drinking alcohol for 1 month and you'll heal up well. I've seen a patient resume heavy lifting at the gym like 1 week after an FUT procedure and he messed up his scar

• Like 1
  • Administrators
7 hours ago, TommyLucchese said:

Nice! That's an awesome hairline.

It's good to see futurehairtransplantdoc producing work like this and developing a really great reputation for himself.

Haha yes the future has arrived and he’s certainly put himself in a great position.

I just cannot come to terms with FUT ,...... the open the skull and shut seems too barbaric to me ..... anyways the work looks neat and  refined ... but just not for me , i prefer FUE

Staples came out at day 9 since they were in their Philadelphia location and that is closer to me. Here are pictures after staple removal.

Couple notes:

1. Dr. Bloxham was really impressed with how fast I healed. He said the way I look right now is how he would expect his normal patient at the 14 day mark, not the 9 day mark.
  2. He said I did a good job cleaning and getting the scabs off.
  3. It's obviously early, but I'm very happy with how the incision is looking.
  4. I took the clippers to my head at a #2 guard and carefully tried to even it all out.
  5. The top of my head and above the incision line is still very sensitive/numb.

IMG_8788.JPG

IMG_8798.JPG

IMG_8799.JPG

Edited by hairlossPA

I'm on day 11 haven't really noticed much shedding yet but I guess it will be more apparrent at the 2 week mark. I was advised that few people don't shed. Found that interesting.

Are you experiencing any shockloss to native hair? Were you told to expect shockloss to native hair or most likely not?

I'm also a recent patient of Dr. Bloxham's who did something similar to you (had an FUE scheduled in Europe that I had to cancel twice due to Covid travel restrictions.) Just wanted to let you know that everything seems to run at an accelerated pace with Dr. Bloxham's work (I was told to vigorously scrub off scabs at Day 6, and I was also shedding some by Day 10.) Hopefully this just means you'll see growth earlier

• Like 1