2561 FUT - Dr. Bloxham

hairlossPA

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I would do a taper, go #1 at the bottom, #2 in the middle and blend and fade to #3 and #4 at the very top. I did this for my friend who had a strip and had FUE last year. Works good, and it still gives you that short hair look. You can slightly see the scar, but barely. I think I even went 0.5 guard at the bottom. 

B06F7669-0F6A-49BB-A6E3-E7FAF0D16EAD.jpeg

Or a low fade. It works really well camouflaging that strip.

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, deitel130 said:

Or a low fade. It works really well camouflaging that strip.

True @Mike V is a good example of that.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...

I got my first official haircut last night. I will post pictures when I get a chance.

Told the barber I recently got a hair transplant a couple months ago and I have a scar from ear to ear. I ran my finger from side to side to give him an idea of where it is. He also took his comb and looked at it. I told him I usually would get a #2 fade, but for him to go conservative this time around.

He said he tapered the bottom at a #3, up to a "low 5" around the incision, and then at the top, above the scar, a #6 thinned out with scissors. I am really happy with how it looks and its a huge relief as I was a little worried about the size of my scar when I looked at it back in February.

He said next time tell him to use a #4, so I'll probably move each clipper guard down 1 number and see how that looks. However, if I can't get away with anything lower than what he used this time I will be okay with that. It's the tradeoff of FUT. I just need to find the sweet spot.

My recipient is still thin, but I keep reminding myself its only 4.5 months (18 weeks). My native hair is back so theres not much change to pre-op. However my hairline is starting to have a line to it.

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

I got my first official haircut last night. I will post pictures when I get a chance.

Told the barber I recently got a hair transplant a couple months ago and I have a scar from ear to ear. I ran my finger from side to side to give him an idea of where it is. He also took his comb and looked at it. I told him I usually would get a #2 fade, but for him to go conservative this time around.

He said he tapered the bottom at a #3, up to a "low 5" around the incision, and then at the top, above the scar, a #6 thinned out with scissors. I am really happy with how it looks and its a huge relief as I was a little worried about the size of my scar when I looked at it back in February.

He said next time tell him to use a #4, so I'll probably move each clipper guard down 1 number and see how that looks. However, if I can't get away with anything lower than what he used this time I will be okay with that. It's the tradeoff of FUT. I just need to find the sweet spot.

My recipient is still thin, but I keep reminding myself its only 4.5 months (18 weeks). My native hair is back so theres not much change to pre-op. However my hairline is starting to have a line to it.

Eager to see the pictures. It would be cool if you could post months 3 and 4 as well. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Month 3 pictures are on page 1.

Month 4 pictures I didn't take much since I was disappointed with my scar and scared to look. Also there was not much growth.

These pictures below are now exactly 18 weeks. If you are going by the calculation of 4 weeks in a month, I am at 4.5 months. If you are going by calendar days, I had my surgery on November 4th, so March 4th would've been 4 months.

It's not the best haircut I've ever gotten, but I recently moved so I am now trying to find a new place and this is my first cut with a barber in COVID times. Also I am used to going lower on the sides, which always makes it seems cleaner and nicer. I definitely plan to go lower next time.

The sparkly phone case is my fiancé's since she has a newer iPhone. Had to get that out there lol

IMG_6931.JPG

IMG_6933.JPG

IMG_6935.JPG

IMG_6936.JPG

IMG_6941.JPG

IMG_6943.JPG

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

Month 3 pictures are on page 1.

Month 4 pictures I didn't take much since I was disappointed with my scar and scared to look. Also there was not much growth.

These pictures below are now exactly 18 weeks. If you are going by the calculation of 4 weeks in a month, I am at 4.5 months. If you are going by calendar days, I had my surgery on November 4th, so March 4th would've been 4 months.

It's not the best haircut I've ever gotten, but I recently moved so I am now trying to find a new place and this is my first cut with a barber in COVID times. Also I am used to going lower on the sides, which always makes it seems cleaner and nicer. I definitely plan to go lower next time.

The sparkly phone case is my fiancé's since she has a newer iPhone. Had to get that out there lol

IMG_6931.JPG

IMG_6933.JPG

IMG_6935.JPG

IMG_6936.JPG

IMG_6941.JPG

IMG_6943.JPG

Dude you’re looking really good. I don’t know if it’s because you see yourself every day but I notice a pretty big difference. Also lol my fiancé has the same case.

• Thanks 1

View my thread

2 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Dude you’re looking really good. I don’t know if it’s because you see yourself every day but I notice a pretty big difference. Also lol my fiancé has the same case.

Thanks. That first picture definitely sells it a bit. pretty forgiving lighting, but I am pretty happy thus far. cant wait till it really pops! You can see in the last picture its still pretty see-through and that has always been my bad hairline side. It's all good though... only 4.5 months

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

Thanks. That first picture definitely sells it a bit. pretty forgiving lighting, but I am pretty happy thus far. cant wait till it really pops! You can see in the last picture its still pretty see-through and that has always been my bad hairline side. It's all good though... only 4.5 months

Whenever you see an outline, you know how it’s gonna end up looking.

This was me at 4.5 months vs 12 as long as the outline is there 

image.jpeg

E3E108DC-BF44-47A1-B67F-87287F5CC35B.jpeg

• Like 1

View my thread

Looks like it’s coming in strong @hairlossPA, definitely a big improvement already and the designed hairline will work really well for you when it matures fully.

at 4.5 months, I share the optimism of others that your scar is healing well and will soon be concealable w even shorter haircuts.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

6.5 months

I will get some more high resolution pics like I have previously posted in the next few days.

things to note:

• incision is still not 100%. still sensitive, but nothing crazy. its just been lingering that last 10-20%
  • in the last month I'm starting to shed a decent amount. I think this is my native hair, as I usually go through these shedding phases when i was solely on finasteride. lets hope this doesnt torch my results
Edited by hairlossPA

From these pictures it looks great, looking forward to some clearer pictures.

When you say the incision line is sensitive, under what circumstances do you feel it?

What is the lowest length you can go in the donor now for the scar to be concealed?

6 minutes ago, kramer79 said:

From these pictures it looks great, looking forward to some clearer pictures.

When you say the incision line is sensitive, under what circumstances do you feel it?

What is the lowest length you can go in the donor now for the scar to be concealed?

yeah I know the pics are shit but I felt bad keeping people waiting so I just threw those up.

I can feel the incision when I put my head back in car seat, or just like laying down on the floor. if I run my hand through my donor it doesnt feel like anything happened tho.

I've been getting a #2 to a #4 fade recently. I havent experimented with how low I can go, but a #4 comfortably conceals it. I'll go lower later in the summer when I have some life events out of the way

Edited by hairlossPA

• Administrators

Thanks for updating, for 6.5 months it looks right on track. You’re definitely an average to below average grower. I’d expect you to see the full results by 18 months. But by 12 you’ll have a good idea.

View my thread

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/17/2021 at 11:18 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Thanks for updating, for 6.5 months it looks right on track. You’re definitely an average to below average grower. I’d expect you to see the full results by 18 months. But by 12 you’ll have a good idea.

Hey,

I am unable to see the results at 6.5 months. I am new to this forum. Are they still up? Thanks, man!

8 minutes ago, MikeyMikeyMikeyMikey said:

Hey,

I am unable to see the results at 6.5 months. I am new to this forum. Are they still up? Thanks, man!

took down the 6.5 month pics cause they were pretty bad resolution and quality. I just crossed 7 months. will post an update soon

3 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

took down the 6.5 month pics cause they were pretty bad resolution and quality. I just crossed 7 months. will post an update soon

Thanks, man. I am actually at 8 months. Still have some thin spots and little areas not filled. Def some fair growth though. Hopefully, we both are progressing well! I appreciate the response! Fingers crossed, lol.

• 1 month later...