Dr. Arocha | Beard Transplant - 4 Month Growth

This patient came in to see Dr. Arocha for a beard transplant procedure (done via FUT). Doc worked in the sideburns, cheek, goatee and mustache. The “after” images were taken just four months after his procedure, but he already shows some early growth. We will continue to follow this patient and update with photos.

Before:

thumb__DC15929_1024.jpg

After:

thumb__DC19629_1024.jpg

Before:

thumb__DC15930_1024.jpg

After:

thumb__DC19628_1024.jpg

Before:

thumb__DC15929_1024-1.jpg

After:

thumb__DC19621_1024-1.jpg

Before:

thumb__DC15932_1024.thumb.jpg.c6f0de3e02ffbdca3583c5233f7f7344.jpg

After:

thumb__DC19631_1024.thumb.jpg.58e1d160c70e0ced3bb23cbfbd1da04d.jpg

Representative and Patient Educator for: Dr. Bernardino A. Arocha, Coalition Member. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are mine.

12 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Really nice work! Some beard transplants I have seen look “off” to me (not from this Dr) this looks natural and a very nice aesthetic improvement.

Thank you!! Dr. Arocha really does some amazing work with beards. I'll keep you posted as he comes back in for follow-ups!

• Like 2

Representative and Patient Educator for: Dr. Bernardino A. Arocha, Coalition Member. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are mine.

• Administrators

Great results, his beard looks a lot fuller. God didn’t bless me with a full head of hair, but he sure gave me a beard, and for that I’m grateful. Thanks for sharing 👏🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Sure is a luxury to be able use a strip FUT for the beard, not having to worry about a bald spot on top... jealous! 😉

The grafts really blend in well with the surrounding beard hair, angled in a natural direction.  I'd never be able to tell that it is transplanted.  Very subtle!

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Agree with the others, very natural. How many grafts were used? And the guy looks pretty young -was the amount of grafts needed considered minor relative to how good the donor looks, in case down the road he starts to need HTs?

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/3/2020 at 3:04 PM, ciaus said:

Agree with the others, very natural. How many grafts were used? And the guy looks pretty young -was the amount of grafts needed considered minor relative to how good the donor looks, in case down the road he starts to need HTs?

Great question. Dr. Arocha used 2000 grafts to construct this beard. The patient is in his early 20s! In this particular case, the patient has plenty of donor left in the reserves should he decide he wants another procedure down the road. 

• 1 year later...

I’ve actually seen this patient’s results before and thought it was a great result. The design is nice as my biggest issue with beard transplants that I see is too stark a line is drawn and the grafts are placed densely right in a perfectly straight line. It looks much better to fade out and plant sparsely towards the edges so it looks natural.

There was a great question posted by another user about scarring / cobblestones and some people (including myself)  are wondering if the recipient area is clean-shaved, will it be smooth and appear the same as a regular clean shaven face? It’s a question that’s difficult to find an answer to but as Dr. Arocha’s results are amazing, maybe we can get an authoritative answer to this difficult question. Obviously some of us who would consider this procedure don’t want to have growth all the time so it’s important to have that flexibility to be able to shave clean and look as normal.

Pretty impressive results.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

On 10/28/2022 at 5:20 PM, AladdinSane said:

I’ve actually seen this patient’s results before and thought it was a great result. The design is nice as my biggest issue with beard transplants that I see is too stark a line is drawn and the grafts are placed densely right in a perfectly straight line. It looks much better to fade out and plant sparsely towards the edges so it looks natural.

There was a great question posted by another user about scarring / cobblestones and some people (including myself)  are wondering if the recipient area is clean-shaved, will it be smooth and appear the same as a regular clean shaven face? It’s a question that’s difficult to find an answer to but as Dr. Arocha’s results are amazing, maybe we can get an authoritative answer to this difficult question. Obviously some of us who would consider this procedure don’t want to have growth all the time so it’s important to have that flexibility to be able to shave clean and look as normal.

@AladdinSanegreat question and thanks for asking. Engineering principles and many factors are involved when designing a beard. The patient's goals are also taken into account (the job of the doctor is to do what the patient wants, but also to keep him from doing things that are going to result in something less than natural). Undoubtedly, everyone is different and while the same principles apply to everyone, some results may differ based on what the patient has at the time of the consultation. 

Everyone needs to go through an obligatory healing period, and there are typically no restrictions thereafter. The patient can shave just like he always did. The instrumentation used is so small this will leave a microscar, which is not detectable by the eye, so the patient can be confident that if he shaves, it will be undetectable. 

One caveat: post-surgery, one has to use caution in exposing the newly transplanted area to any prolonged sun exposure - especially the early morning and afternoon sun for a period of four months!