FUT at BHR Clinic with Dr. Bisanga - 3503 grafts

FinMin20

• Administrators

Wow this looks amazing at 7.5 months, add another to the Bisanga list 👏🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 4 weeks later...

@FinMin20

Thanks for the updated photos. Really nice to see the maturation over the last months. The evolution is clear to see and the hair quality is improving. 

You have come a long way and still a nice stretch to go based on your last photos at the 7.5 months stage.

Congratulations. 

• Like 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 2 months later...

@FinMin20

How are you?

It has been a few months since your most recent update at 7.5 months. 
Im sure there would be many of us who would like to see how the last months have been for you.
Any further update would be great.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 6 months later...

Hello everyone.

Apologies for not updating this - there wasn't really much change from that point on to be honest, the density remained pretty much the same.

There are some texture issues that started to occur as the hair got longer around the 8-9 month mark, and have remained since then - which is quite worrying considering I'm 17 months in at this point. I've read that texture problems usually resolve themselves a year and a bit in, but mine don't seem to be improving.

Has anyone had texture issues this far in?

The transplanted hair texture without product applied is nothing like my native hair and is very kinky/wiry, and dry and frizzy. The hairs do not join with each other, they're just single strands of hair, and even the shape and texture of each hair is completely different to my native hair. It just sticks out all frizzy and doesn't have a single-wave like shape like my native hair, It's like a zig zag wavy shape, through the whole hair from the end to the root.

Using enough product does solve this, but since I like like to keep my hair a bit wavy, matte, and natural looking on a day to day basis, and not too styled, this is incredibly high maintenance for me. And unless I've applied enough product, the frizziness does start to reappear with some wind, after time has passed, or just rapid head movement.

This may be a non issue to people who like to properly style their hair every day, as product does mostly solve it. It's difficult for me because I prefer a more natural look on a daily basis - which is very, very hard to do with the texture being like this.

I've been waiting for improvement over the last few months but there's been none -  and all the transplanted hairs seem to be affected. The texture is still the same all the way down to the roots.

Here is a photo to show what the hair can look like in a completely unmanaged state (of course, this is at its worst and with product I'm able to get rid of this). There's also some close up photos of the hair brought down, so you can see the zig zag wave type texture. You can see it's like that down to the roots.

20210521_024930.thumb.jpg.966d4493647d493c6449d91f4589c857.jpg

20210521_015720.thumb.jpg.4269a3a4d6ad4b4dace232565bf2bb94.jpg

20210616_230524.thumb.jpg.05b9424fcc7e35edf2d194545d03a434.jpg

20210521_024228.thumb.jpg.673b2a59b6e12cff038abb2edd42d597.jpg

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm really worried now that this is permanent.. Has anyone had texture problems 17 months in that have eventually been resolved?

Edited by FinMin20

Thanks for the tag and the update from FinMin.

Growth post surgery will take a full year and textural changes can take longer as the hair has to complete a full anagen cycle. For some it is manageable with hair length and products so not a huge concern but an annoyance and as said it rectifies itself.  I have not  in BHR seen a permanent issue with it and assuming no other dietary of medical changes then it is part of the process that will settle. 

Please feel free to keep in touch with your advisor and send photos and concerns and they can liaise with Dr.Bisanga for you and hopefully meet you also once travel is resumed. 

• Like 1

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network