Help with choosing transplant surgeon

Hi everyone,

I've decided to go for my hair transplant this summer and have been doing my research for a good surgeon.

My budget (including flights) is about 5000 euro.  I've chosen between the following 3 surgeons :

- Dr Aslan (Hairmedico)

- Dr Acar (Cosmediica)

- Dr Demirsoy

All three Surgeons have written back to me saying I will require about 3000 grafts.

My question to you all is who would you choose from the above 3 doctors ? It is a big decision for me. Any advice would be much appreciated :)

Thanks

Marty

• Administrators

Honestly, I would expand your horizon, I have never heard of any of these docs. My advise to you is save some money, and don't let cost be the deciding factor, instead choose the doctor based on the results. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Honestly, I would expand your horizon, I have never heard of any of these docs. My advise to you is save some money, and don't let cost be the deciding factor, instead choose the doctor based on the results. 

Surely you've heard of Demirsoy! 🙂

8 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

@Melvin-Moderator I understand that low cost Turkey is something to avoid but Dr. Demirsoy patient`s are all over HRN,

@Marty Mac your list doesn`t make much sense to me because you are comparing two Turkish hairmills clinics with Dr. Demirsoy that only does surgery on 1 patient per day and has dozens of patients posting their results in this forum.

Research deeper and you will find that Dr. Acar had 1 results thread in this forum that was actually a representative of the clinic fishing for clients (scam!). This is a low cost hairmill with all inclusive prices (red alert!) were underpaid technicians performs surgery on several patients per day. 

Dr. Alp Aslan does not work at Hairmedico you are confusing with Dr. ARSLAN Musbeh which has 0 reputation in this forum and the Turkish forum (red alert!)

Dr. Alp Aslan has a terrible reputation https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/threads/21707-My-Horrible-Experience-with-Alp-Aslan-Istanbul

I really don`t understand how you could compare Dr. Demirsoy (who despite having some nice results is far from being the best the Turkey) with Turkish hairmills were you are risking a botched surgery... 

Edited by Portugal25

@Marty Mac if you want a cheap option its Dr. Demirsoy at 1.25€/graft. 
If you can streach your budget to go to one the best Doctors then you have Dr. Pekiner at 2.15€/graft.
The difference is Dr. Pekiner does the whole surgery himself and implants with stick&place (opens 1 hole and immediately inserts the graft which provides a higher survival rate for grafts) while Demirsoy has technicians implant the grafts in pre-made holes made by him.

Dr. Demirsoy technique is the most common because it’s the most profitable as it allows the Doctor to charge over 4000 grafts in one day.

A Doctor doing Stick&Place or DHI can’t do more than 2000 grafts in a one day and if he is not using a motorized punch but rather doing manual graft extraction (like Pekiner does) then he can’t even do 1500 grafts in one day. 

So both Doctors have just 1 patient per day (private clinic to yourself) but your 3000 grafts surgery with Dr. Demirsoy would take just 1 day and with Pekiner it would take 2 days (therefore he has to charge more per graft to make the same monthly turnover as Demirsoy that charges less per graft but does more than double the amount of grafts per day).

Ofcourse what matters are the results a Doctor can achieve because the best technique in the hands of a unskilled Doctor will still generate a bad result.

You will find a lot of results from Cinik on this forum but this is a all inclusive clinic (red alert) where the technicians do most of the surgery. If you chose DHI then it’s a surgery 100% performed by technicians (not Doctors or nurses). 
If you chose to go down this route and not have a Doctor performing your surgery then instead of having Cinik unknown DHI tech team I advise you to contact the nurses team Esma and Serkan Tetik. They charge 1350€ for up to 4000 grafts including hotel and transfers but they are not Doctors they are nurses that are performing DHI surgery on 1 patient per day and have dozens of patients posting good results on the Turkish forum. 

Edited by Portugal25

• Administrators

I’ve hear of the name, but haven’t really seen outstanding work, enough to be impressed. My honest feelings are going in to surgery with a small budget is a bad idea.

It’s better to go in thinking, which doctor does the best work, not which one is the cheapest. Now, that’s not to say there aren’t good surgeons who are cheap, but they are few and far in between in my opinion. I have been impressed with Dr. Bruno Ferreira, certainly worth researching.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

10 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I’ve hear of the name, but haven’t really seen outstanding work, enough to be impressed. My honest feelings are going in to surgery with a small budget is a bad idea.

It’s better to go in thinking, which doctor does the best work, not which one is the cheapest. Now, that’s not to say there aren’t good surgeons who are cheap, but they are few and far in between in my opinion. I have been impressed with Dr. Bruno Ferreira, certainly worth researching.

@Marty Mac I totally agree with @Melvin-Moderator you shouldn’t focus on price. 
If you want a affordable surgery I also recommend looking into @Dr. Bruno Ferreira as he works as the medical assistant of Dr. Jose Lorenzo (one of the best in the world) in Madrid and also has his own clinic in Porto where you pay 2.5€/graft (half price of Dr. Lorenzo clinic). 

When I did my research my short list was down to Bruno Ferreira and Kaan Pekiner.
I chose Pekiner because he had a lot of patients posting great results with mega sessions of beard grafts and I needed a lot of beard grafts to compensate for my lack of scalp donor area.
Otherwise I would have selected Bruno Ferreira (his clinic is just a 2h drive from my house). 

Edited by Portugal25

@Marty Mac with Dr. Pekiner you will be talking with his patient advisor Alex and with Dr. Bruno you will be emailing directly with the Doctor and video chatting with the Doctor (way better). 

You can check my thread with my experience on Dr. Pekiner and @Rolandas had his HT with Dr. Bruno this monday and Tuesday so you can ask him all about his experience. He should be posting here very soon. 

In my opinion you will be in great hands with either Doctor but if you don’t need beard grafts I would advise you to chose Dr. Bruno. 

Edited by Portugal25

1 hour ago, Portugal25 said:

@Marty Mac I totally agree with @Melvin-Moderator you shouldn’t focus on price. 
If you want a affordable surgery I also recommend looking into @Dr. Bruno Ferreira as he works as the medical assistant of Dr. Jose Lorenzo (one of the best in the world) in Madrid and also has his own clinic in Porto where you pay 2.5€/graft (half price of Dr. Lorenzo clinic). 

When I did my research my short list was down to Bruno Ferreira and Kaan Pekiner.
I chose Pekiner because he had a lot of patients posting great results with mega sessions of beard grafts and I needed a lot of beard grafts to compensate for my lack of scalp donor area.
Otherwise I would have selected Bruno Ferreira (his clinic is just a 2h drive from my house). 

Why specifically Ferreira? Wouldnt you say De Freitas has better results? Or is it just because he is closer to you? 

• Administrators

Me personally, I'd choose Ferreira, this is purely from talking with him. I do feel his good ethics aside from being quality, also he works with one of the very best in Dr. Lorenzo. 

• Like 1

View my thread

3 hours ago, karatekid said:

Why specifically Ferreira? Wouldnt you say De Freitas has better results? Or is it just because he is closer to you? 

@karatekid Rafael de Freitas has more than 1 year wait list and costs a lot more than 2.5€/graft. He does have amazing results that are almost at same level as Juan Couto.
I’m sure we will be seeing results from Bruno Ferreira at the same level and for now his wait list is just a few months and he offers a better price. 

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Marty Mac said:

Hi everyone,

I've decided to go for my hair transplant this summer and have been doing my research for a good surgeon.

My budget (including flights) is about 5000 euro.  I've chosen between the following 3 surgeons :

- Dr Aslan (Hairmedico)

- Dr Acar (Cosmediica)

- Dr Demirsoy

All three Surgeons have written back to me saying I will require about 3000 grafts.

My question to you all is who would you choose from the above 3 doctors ? It is a big decision for me. Any advice would be much appreciated :)

Thanks

Marty

Hey dude I’ve just got back from surgery with dr Demirsoy I’m 15 days post op and all I can say is I’m more than happy with the service there’s 7 of us who’s in a group chat on WhatsApp who’s all been to dr Demirsoy or have an up coming surgery with him and this is the reason why I chose him because of the patient reviews. Don’t believe everything you read on here mate as some surgeons who are recommended by this forum have had really bad results and then surgeons like dr Demirsoy who has had consistent good results isn’t recommended 😂 take your time with this mate it’s something you don‘t want to rush into do plenty of research and regarding Manual punch and motorised punch I’ll attach a good video by dr ali emre karadeniz on this debate which makes a lot of sense remember dr kaan perkiner’s selling point is manual punch and I presume if he was to stop and start doing motorised punch he would lose a lot of custom because as I have stated this is his selling point and there is already a lot of other good surgeons doing motorised punch. All the best bud hope this helps 👍

55 minutes ago, Bigjab said:

Hey dude I’ve just got back from surgery with dr Demirsoy I’m 15 days post op and all I can say is I’m more than happy with the service there’s 7 of us who’s in a group chat on WhatsApp who’s all been to dr Demirsoy or have an up coming surgery with him and this is the reason why I chose him because of the patient reviews. Don’t believe everything you read on here mate as some surgeons who are recommended by this forum have had really bad results and then surgeons like dr Demirsoy who has had consistent good results isn’t recommended 😂 take your time with this mate it’s something you don‘t want to rush into do plenty of research and regarding Manual punch and motorised punch I’ll attach a good video by dr ali emre karadeniz on this debate which makes a lot of sense remember dr kaan perkiner’s selling point is manual punch and I presume if he was to stop and start doing motorised punch he would lose a lot of custom because as I have stated this is his selling point and there is already a lot of other good surgeons doing motorised punch. All the best bud hope this helps 👍

Thanks for this mate. Yeah 99% of stuff I've heard of dr demirsoy has been positive. His results from previous hair transplants looks outstanding and as good as anything I've seen out there.  It's just a bit overwhelming with the amount of options out there for a hair transplant.  It will always be a leap of faith no matter who you end of going with. Just have to try and minimise the risk my doing my research (without melting my brain). Dr demirsoy is definitely my top contender. I'll make my decision this weekend then hopefully schedule the procedure for june if a slot is available 

31 minutes ago, Marty Mac said:

Thanks for this mate. Yeah 99% of stuff I've heard of dr demirsoy has been positive. His results from previous hair transplants looks outstanding and as good as anything I've seen out there.  It's just a bit overwhelming with the amount of options out there for a hair transplant.  It will always be a leap of faith no matter who you end of going with. Just have to try and minimise the risk my doing my research (without melting my brain). Dr demirsoy is definitely my top contender. I'll make my decision this weekend then hopefully schedule the procedure for june if a slot is available 

Your welcome bud 👍 I was the same as you there’s so much to take in but yes have a think about it mate and don’t stop researching you can never know enough 😂 but if you do decide to book with dr demirsoy you’ll be in safe hands all the best bud 👍