Beard grafts as donor.

I'm new to the forum so hoping I could get some advice 

I've already had a fut'2015 and a Fue 3 months ago.

I want to possibly use beard grafts as donor for my crown area for my next surgery.

Can anyone recommend which doctors would be willing to transplant beard grafts to scalp crown area.

Also, any other information on using beard grafts as donor.

Thanks, much appreciated.

Obviously this would require FUE to accomplish this goal and most reputable FUE surgeons would be able to do this for you.

I would recommend that you do a test session first to see how your face heals after the extractions, regarding extraction scarring.

And you also would want to blend the beard grafts in the crown for aesthetic purposes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Beard is known to be a very reliable donor source. Yield is very successful. Of course, beard has a different texture to scalp hairs so this should be taken in to account. But overall, when blended with scalp hair into your crown it can be highly effective.

Beard also has a very good rate of healing.

• Thanks 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Then I wonder why we do not see more patients sharing their cases with the community?

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

I believe that very soon, we will see many more examples of this. When I say that, I mean when leading physicians find it necessary and use it appropriately, as opposed to Turkish clinics using it for the biggest “mega sessions” possible.

Regarding a lack of examples up until now, I believe that it is just a matter of math.

Percentage wise, how many patients post results? I don’t know. Not many.

Percentage wise, how many surgeries use beard grafts? Not many, admiringly growing, but still the minority.

When you consider both points, then it’s no surprise that few examples of results include beard grafts.

• Thanks 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hello @Briguy .  I have just completed my Hairplantation @Eugenix Hair Science and on my way home to Ireland.  I  had beard grafts removed and distributed among scalp hair which will improve density. I will be showing pictures when I get a chance. Im going back next year to have my crown covered also. @Eugenix Hair Science they have a wealth of experience in this field. 

................Paddy.............

• Thanks 1

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 5:09 PM, Raphael84 said:

I believe that very soon, we will see many more examples of this. When I say that, I mean when leading physicians find it necessary and use it appropriately, as opposed to Turkish clinics using it for the biggest “mega sessions” possible.

Regarding a lack of examples up until now, I believe that it is just a matter of math.

Percentage wise, how many patients post results? I don’t know. Not many.

Percentage wise, how many surgeries use beard grafts? Not many, admiringly growing, but still the minority.

When you consider both points, then it’s no surprise that few examples of results include beard grafts.

The math is understood but still, you would think there would be a few more as compared to the number of guys who said they were having these beard to scalp procedures...9_9

• Thanks 1

Gillenator

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 5:13 PM, paddyirishman said:

Hello @Briguy .  I have just completed my Hairplantation @Eugenix Hair Science and on my way home to Ireland.  I  had beard grafts removed and distributed among scalp hair which will improve density. I will be showing pictures when I get a chance. Im going back next year to have my crown covered also. @Eugenix Hair Science they have a wealth of experience in this field. 

................Paddy.............

Will look forward to your updates!

Gillenator

Here is a repair case from a HTN poster who had a very significant amount of beard taken in order to repair a Strip scar.  He healed very well and still has a strong beard. This case may be helpful in your research as is an older one so probably not seen by most today.

• Thanks 1

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

That's cool...would like to see the actual scar once the regrowth of the beard grafts is completed.

Gillenator

Thanks everyone for your input and pics. I think this post will be of great benefit for those people contemplating using beard grafts as donor.

Hopefully we can get more examples and further updates in the future.

I think there was a guy years ago. 2014? who had beard hair placed in his crown by Bhatti.  Didn't look great I'm afraid

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Paddy,

The extraction sites look clean and your day 4 post-op pics show that you are an outstanding healer!

Gillenator

14 minutes ago, gillenator said:

Paddy,

The extraction sites look clean and your day 4 post-op pics show that you are an outstanding healer!

Thanks @gillenator for your appreciation. This picture was taken 7 days after extractions from under the chin. Please see the above picture which was taken on the day of extractions .

20191128_154129.thumb.jpg.62049738a370e55c87f4042ddbfa1cd5.jpg

@DThak  I didnt shave untill after 14 days after Surgery, but this was a personel choice. Dr. Shishir told me I could shave after 7 days , which I could have if I wanted.

I used a beard trimmer after 7 days to tidy the beard up, as its quicker than shaving, and I wasnt going to anything public so I didnt need to be shaving. 

.........Paddy.......

12 hours ago, ndubya said:

Great topic.

I'm having 300 beard grafts this coming fall along with about 600 scalp grafts.

The beard grafts will be scattered throughout the midscalp, not in the crown.

300.....600......scattered? Grab a piece of paper.  Draw a dot at the end of one page.  Go to the other end and draw another one.  That's scattered.  I'm afraid 600 grafts is going to do absolutely nothing.  Mind you, the grafts will be there and will grow but, unless they're grouped together to achieve something, it will be just piece of mind knowing they're there.

Keep in mind, 600 is eyebrow work.

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 3:08 PM, paddyirishman said:

Thanks @gillenator for your appreciation. This picture was taken 7 days after extractions from under the chin. Please see the above picture which was taken on the day of extractions .

20191128_154129.thumb.jpg.62049738a370e55c87f4042ddbfa1cd5.jpg

Yep, both pics show it was clean work for sure!

Gillenator

On 12/10/2019 at 1:32 PM, paddyirishman said:

@ndubya You are having a mix of beard grafts and scalp hairs in the fall , which Doctor and Clinic are you planning on going to ? 

.........Paddy.......

Yessir,

Dr. Konior.

We are taking it slow moving forward. Just adding density into diffuse thinning.

I've already had 3,400 into the hairline and frontal third with a different doc.

This one coming up will be my second smallish surgery with Dr. K

Edited by ndubya

Before and after pics?

Gillenator