Best FUE surgeons in world

Der3k7

3 minutes ago, Raphael84 said:

I get it.  You have done your research, your due diligence and invested and you deserve better. Having said that, I believe that it is still somewhat premature to write this one off yet. How many months post op are you?

I would potentially suggest a few hundred grafts into your hairline with a top doc after you have personally consulted with them and they have evaluated your donor density and calibre etc... 

But the fact that you are striving for perfection (which is admirable) suggests to me that you are thinking short term. If this bothers you so greatly, when you lose further hair, which evolution suggests that you will, you will also take that reasonably badly. You will be concerned about "that new loss" in another area. What is the approach then? How will you deal with that?

Forgive me for asking because with all of your detailed documentation, for you sure you will have stated it but are you on any preventative medicine?

I tried Rogaine but wasn't j to the idea of applying the liquid to myself twice a day for the res of my life. I tried finasteride for 11 months and experienced sides so stopped and when I stopped I had a post finasteride crash that lasted quite a few months but finally recovered so I won't go on it ever again. I also bought the capillus 272, the one you use 30 min every other day but I didn't like that to be added to my lifestyle either so I sold it on eBay. 

My hairloss became noticeable after I tried pro hormones for 4 weeks back when I was 20. They supposedly can cause you to lose hair faster than you normally would have if you had never taken them but not supposed to make you go any balder than you would have if you hadn't taken them. But I'm not sure how accurate that statement is. I've also noticed I don't shed as much as I used to nearly at all. I used to see lots hairs in the drain and my hands when I wash my hair but I don't see it anymore really. I'm hoping the worst of my baldness has already occurred.

6 minutes ago, xadiohead said:

I'm starting to think you are a bit unstable in regards to hair transplants:  

You are only six months into your ASMED hair transplant, this is at least your second transplant, you have used 7000 grafts, and you are only 27.   After six months you are already implying your ASMED was a failure and are searching hard for your next surgeon.   Come on man, you need to wait a couple years before you make any more decisions on a surgery.

It wasn't a failure and I'm aware I still have 6 months before I see a full result so obviously I wouldn't be doing another surgery until next year, if I do one . But I'm just brainstorming what my next move will be. I want my hair during my youth, fun, and mate selection period of my life. 

Edited by Der3k7
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

I tried Rogaine but wasn't j to the idea of applying the liquid to myself twice a day for the res of my life. I tried finasteride for 11 months and experienced sides so stopped and when I stopped I had a post finasteride crash that lasted quite a few months but finally recovered so I won't go on it ever again. I also bought the capillus 272, the one you use 30 min every other day but I didn't like that to be added to my lifestyle either so I sold it on eBay. 

My hairloss became noticeable after I tried pro hormones for 4 weeks back when I was 20. They supposedly can cause you to lose hair faster than you normally would have if you had never taken them but not supposed to make you go any balder than you would have if you hadn't taken them. But I'm not sure how accurate that statement is. I've also noticed I don't shed as much as I used to nearly at all. I used to see lots hairs in the drain and my hands when I wash my hair but I don't see it anymore really. I'm hoping the worst of my baldness has already occurred.

Brother, you are 27. "Im hoping the worst of my baldness has already occurred". It kills me to say this, but that is absolute wishful thinking. In guys that experience hair loss at such a young age, are predisposed to hair loss. To think that you have lost hair between 18/20 years - 27 years, but will lose no more, or just a small amount  in the next 60 years is HIGHLY improbable.

You are now young, and you feel that you "I want my hair in my youth". Believe me, at 35 you will want your hair as you head toward middle age and at 45 you will want more hair in your thinning crown.

Of course, as you get older hair loss becomes more common and it is true that you may be able to accept it a little better, but don't be naive either. This is a long term gain. You may lose everything and have a whole lot of hair in your front, which may or may not look natural and you may feel worse accordingly.

Consider topical finasteride. Applying a topical solution every day isn't fun, but neither is hair loss. You have had 7000+ grafts before 28 years. You really should consider preventative medicine. It just makes sense. I get that oral fin is not an option, but you should investigate what may be of assistance. I would recommend trying topical fin.

In closing, YOU LOOK GREAT! 

Your hairline looks good, your temple points are in tact, don't obsess. I understand you wanted better, and you deserved better, but lets face reality now, instead of a much harsher reality in 10+ years. 

Be positive about the next 6 months of further growth and maturation, consider topical finasteride and save your donor for when you may really need it.

• Like 3

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

17 minutes ago, Raphael84 said:

Brother, you are 27. "Im hoping the worst of my baldness has already occurred". It kills me to say this, but that is absolute wishful thinking.

I was going to post something similar to his comment about hoping the worst of his baldness already occurred at age 27.  I'm going back with my statement that you are unstable in regards to your hair.  You are also in denial.  Unless your dad and your granddad have extremely full heads of hair and your hairloss to date was an anomaly , you are going to lose a lot more.   People on here are going to be nice to you but wake up man, you have very few grafts left.  You need to just let it play out, enjoy the next few years, and then make a decision then.  Under no circumstance should you be doing another hair transplant next year at the age of 28.  

37 minutes ago, Raphael84 said:

Brother, you are 27. "Im hoping the worst of my baldness has already occurred". It kills me to say this, but that is absolute wishful thinking. In guys that experience hair loss at such a young age, are predisposed to hair loss. To think that you have lost hair between 18/20 years - 27 years, but will lose no more, or just a small amount  in the next 60 years is HIGHLY improbable.

You are now young, and you feel that you "I want my hair in my youth". Believe me, at 35 you will want your hair as you head toward middle age and at 45 you will want more hair in your thinning crown.

Of course, as you get older hair loss becomes more common and it is true that you may be able to accept it a little better, but don't be naive either. This is a long term gain. You may lose everything and have a whole lot of hair in your front, which may or may not look natural and you may feel worse accordingly.

Consider topical finasteride. Applying a topical solution every day isn't fun, but neither is hair loss. You have had 7000+ grafts before 28 years. You really should consider preventative medicine. It just makes sense. I get that oral fin is not an option, but you should investigate what may be of assistance. I would recommend trying topical fin.

In closing, YOU LOOK GREAT! 

Your hairline looks good, your temple points are in tact, don't obsess. I understand you wanted better, and you deserved better, but lets face reality now, instead of a much harsher reality in 10+ years. 

Be positive about the next 6 months of further growth and maturation, consider topical finasteride and save your donor for when you may really need it.

OK.

With that being said, what do you know about the future of cloning hair follicles? I know I can just do a Google search but I'm curious if you have any insider info being a rep for a top clinic.

Stop obsessing.    What happens in 5-10 years when you lose more hair?  You hardly have any grafts left.   40 year old you wants to smack you out of considering another transplant anytime remotely soon.     The whole "i want to look good in my 20's" is an immature attitude.  Looking good in your 30's will be equally important to you in a few years.

@Der3k7 I definitely know where you're coming from brother. In fact, I think I can identify with your experience to some extent. 

I'm 35 now, but I had my first (and only, thus far) HT at age 28. I noticed my hair was on its way out around age 24, and then at 27 I was simply unwilling to go through any part of my youth as a guy who was balding, or thinning... and so I took the plunge.

Now I look back, and its kind of a double edged sword, because although I have maintained my hairline, my crown is a completely different story. Do I regret getting an HT in my 20s? Nope, because as I said earlier, it stopped me from going bald at a time I when I felt young (and as shallow as it may sound to some, dense hair is something I associated with youth). However, I also accept (as many of the other guys here have said) that hairloss continued in non-recipient areas. 

Now as unflattering bald as my crown looks, I actually feel my best bet is to wait until Summer next year before I get my second HT, so that the remaining crown hair can fall out, if indeed that's what it intends to do. As donor grafts are not unlimited, this time I feel that going 12 months looking less-than-great is a small price to pay, in order to be in a position whereby optimum work can be done in one go.

(And believe me, even though 80% of my friends who are one or two years younger than me have Hulk Hogan's hairline, I still hate the idea of having a bald spot!)

So I definitely hear you, and I won't even suggest that you're obsessive or anything like that (I genuinely don't think it's abnormal to want to be and do the best that you possibly can for yourself, asap). I just hope that you factor in seriously that when you hit my age, there is a chance that like me, you'll feel that you need more work.

To finish up, for what it's worth dude, I think your hair is a lot better than you're probably giving it credit for. And of course, the best is still likely to be seen in the next 6 to 8 months or so. You might (and I hope this is the case) end up being pleasantly surprised! 

9 minutes ago, LeftHook said:

@Der3k7 I definitely know where you're coming from brother. In fact, I think I can identify with your experience to some extent. 

I'm 35 now, but I had my first (and only, thus far) HT at age 28. I noticed my hair was on its way out around age 24, and then at 27 I was simply unwilling to go through any part of my youth as a guy who was balding, or thinning... and so I took the plunge.

Now I look back, and its kind of a double edged sword, because although I have maintained my hairline, my crown is a completely different story. Do I regret getting an HT in my 20s? Nope, because as I said earlier, it stopped me from going bald at a time I when I felt young (and as shallow as it may sound to some, dense hair is something I associated with youth). However, I also accept (as many of the other guys here have said) that hairloss continued in non-recipient areas. 

Now as unflattering bald as my crown looks, I actually feel my best bet is to wait until Summer next year before I get my second HT, so that the remaining crown hair can fall out, if indeed that's what it intends to do. As donor grafts are not unlimited, this time I feel that going 12 months looking less-than-great is a small price to pay, in order to be in a position whereby optimum work can be done in one go.

(And believe me, even though 80% of my friends who are one or two years younger than me have Hulk Hogan's hairline, I still hate the idea of having a bald spot!)

So I definitely hear you, and I won't even suggest that you're obsessive or anything like that (I genuinely don't think it's abnormal to want to be and do the best that you possibly can for yourself, asap). I just hope that you factor in seriously that when you hit my age, there is a chance that like me, you'll feel that you need more work.

To finish up, for what it's worth dude, I think your hair is a lot better than you're probably giving it credit for. And of course, the best is still likely to be seen in the next 6 to 8 months or so. You might (and I hope this is the case) end up being pleasantly surprised! 

Yeah I'll wait on the next one. But it's just crazy to think I did all this research to decide on ASMED that supposedly had great results and were one of the best in the world only to have their reputation come into question a few months before was scheduled for surgery and went into it hoping this wouldn't happen. If I had gone to the right surgeon back in 2017 for my first surgery I might have only used 3500 grafts and had a better result than I currently do with 7000. And now I have limited donor supply. Although my donor at least seems thick still

2 hours ago, Torip said:

Try using Toppik hair fibers with a spray applicator on your hair line. With hair fibers I don't think you would think of having another HT

I'm not into fibers I want real hair that grows 

16 hours ago, Torip said:

Try using Toppik hair fibers with a spray applicator on your hair line. With hair fibers I don't think you would think of having another HT. 

Stop trying to reason with him, it is a waste of time.   

• 1 month later...

H&W got back to me and suggested 1000-1500 in the corners of my hairline and small temple work to thicken up the density of my current hairline and said it is $8 per graft which is the same as the surgeon from Chicago everyone says is top notch.

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2019 at 9:23 PM, Der3k7 said:

H&W got back to me and suggested 1000-1500 in the corners of my hairline and small temple work to thicken up the density of my current hairline and said it is $8 per graft which is the same as the surgeon from Chicago everyone says is top notch.

Would never pay 8US per graft when I could get a much better price with same level of quality. You live in the US so you’re just a quick flight away from Rahal that charges less and in Canadian dollars.

If you want to save even more money without sacrificing results and don’t mind a longer flight go to Kaan Pekiner in Turkey. 

• Administrators

I don't think your hair looks bad, could it be denser? The answer will always be yes with transplants. Save your money and grafts. As others have mentioned try concealer hair fibers work absolutely amazing.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Portugal25 said:

Would never pay 8US per graft when I could get a much better price with same level of quality. You live in the US so you’re just a quick flight away from Rahal that charges less and in Canadian dollars.

If you want to save even more money without sacrificing results and don’t mind a longer flight go to Kaan Pekiner in Turkey. 

I decided to take asmed up on their offer to do another attempt because of their 90% yield warranty 

I read that Asemd is a tech based surgery and they don’t do DHI nor stick & place. The doctor opens the channels and the 20something techs insert grafts.

I would always give preference to a surgery in which the Doctor is doing the whole procedure either with stick & place or DHI as it produces better results than opening all the channels and let them accumulate fat and blood during the time it takes the techs to insert the thousands of grafts.

Edited by Portugal25

6 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

I read that Asemd is a tech based surgery and they don’t do DHI nor stick & place. The doctor opens the channels and the techs insert grafts.

I would always give preference to a surgery in which the Doctor is doing the whole procedure either with stick & place or DHI as it produces better results than opening all the channels and let them accumulate fat and blood during the time it takes the techs to insert the thousands of grafts.

Who do you recommend that is stick and place done by the surgeon?

I am going to book my second HT and for me it’s all about the quality of the doctor and his technique versus price. 

Searched Doctors that do the entire surgery themselves with either stick & place or DHT with a steady flow of patient posts showing great results charging a price I can afford as I need 4-5k grafts. 

My search lead me to Kaan Pekiner: 2.15€/graft (stick&place and does BHT from the beard to add density for 2.4€/graft) check his results in this forum and the italian forum https://bellicapelli.forumfree.it/m/?f=64816590

Couldn’t find any other Doctor with this level of technique and results at this price level. 

Let me know if you find other Doctors with posted results that are doing the whole procedure themselves with stick&place or DHT with Lion implanter at this price point. 

Edited by Portugal25

6 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

I am going to book my second HT and for me it’s all about the quality of the doctor and his technique versus price. 

Searched Doctors with a steady flow of patient posts with great results that do the entire surgery themselves with either stick & place or DHI at a price level I could afford as I need 4-5k grafts. 

My search lead me to these doctors:

Kaan Pekiner: 2.25€/graft (stick&place and does BHT from the beard to add density for 2.4€/graft) check his results at bellicapelli forum. 

Ximena Vila: 2.07€ + 21%tax per graft ( DHI and was the assistant doctor of Jose Lorenzo one of the best FUE docs in the world for the past 7 years)  but she only has availability from March 2021. Check her results at recuperartupelo forum 

Bruno Ferreira: waiting on the quote to do the HT in his clinic in Portugal (does DHI and he his the new assistant doctor of Jose Lorenzo) he will surely be the cheapest but he has no patients with posted results. 

Couldn’t find anyone other Doctor with this level of technique and results at this price level. 

Let me know if you find anyone other Doctor with posted results that is doing the whole procedure with stick&place or DHI at this price point. 

Why not go back to rahal? And does pekiner have many positive results posted by patients on here?

Rahal for me is the best FUT Doctor in the world and a amazing person. He did gave me a great price to do FUT again but for FUE he is out of my budget. Also I think he is doing FUE with techs the same way as Asmed but with much better results. 

You have to understand that Doctors that only open the channels and have techs do rest can treat up to 10 patients per day and place 5k grafts while a Doctor like Kaan Pekiner doing everything himself can only treat 1 patient per day and do a maximum of 1500 grafts. It’s not as profitable and some Doctors start treating patients this way to establish themselves in the market and then switch to tech based surgerys. Dr Acar in Turkey is one of these examples. He was a strong critic of the Turkish hairmills that have techs doing all the work and now he has a tech team just for DHI.

Edited by Portugal25

26 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

Rahal for me is the best FUT Doctor in the world and a amazing person. He did gave me a great price to do FUT again but for FUE he is out of my budget. Also I think he is doing FUE with techs the same way as Asmed but with much better results. 

You have to understand that Doctors that only open the channels and have techs do rest can treat up to 10 patients per day and place 5k grafts while a Doctor like Kaan Pekiner doing everything himself can only treat 1 patient per day and do a maximum of 1500 grafts. It’s not as profitable and some Doctors start treating patients this way to establish themselves in the market and then switch to tech based surgerys. Dr Acar in Turkey is one of these examples. He even has a dedicated DHI tech team. 

Well I already bought my plane ticket for my date with Asmed and it's hard to turn down a free warranty surgery. I mean at least I do see good results coming out of Asmed on here like just recently there were a couple so I know it's possible for them. And I did have some improvement just not 90% growth. Hopefully this time I do. And of they offer a warranty like that they must get 90% growth on a high proportion of their patients otherwise they'd be doing free surgeries all the time. 

Edited by Der3k7

14 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

Well I already bought my plane ticket for my date with Asmed and it's hard to turn down a free warranty surgery. I mean at least I do see good results coming out of Asmed on here like just recently there were a couple so I know it's possible for them. And I did have some improvement just not 90% growth. Hopefully this time I do. 

You could have done much much worse than Asmed but for the price you paid you could have had a world class doctor doing the whole procedure and only seeing you for the whole day. 

If it was me I would keep the plane ticket and change the HT to Pekiner or Keser (3,5€/graft Pekiner’s was his assistant when he started working in this field). 

Edited by Portugal25

4 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

You could have done much much worse than Asmed but for the price you paid you could have had a world class doctor doing the whole procedure and only seeing you for the whole day. 

If it was me I would keep the plane ticker and change the HT to Pekiner or Keser (3,5€/graft Pekiner’s was his assistant). 

Didn't rahal use techs on you and not do stick and place?

14 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

Didn't rahal use techs on you and not do stick and place?

I went to Rahal in 2008 at a time when FUT was the way to go the get a high quality HT and Rahal was and still is one of the world best HT Docs. He removed the strip, stiched me up, opened all the channels and inserted the frontal hairline, the techs did the rest and the results were amazing. 

Don’t think DHT and stick&place even existed in 2008 and if it did it surely wasn`t with 0,6-0,8mm punch or Lion implanter pens. Also, it takes some time for doctors to get accustomed to these new techniques. 

FUE evolved a lot in the past 11 years to the point that it’s now becoming the standard in HT. Now we even have BHT from the beard to add density to the scalp something that Pekiner does for 2.4€/graft and in the US the top Docs charge 4 times more.

Edited by Portugal25