Regaine Spary v Foam

Hi Guys 

3 weeks post op and I have started Regaine I thought I ordered the foam but it the solution in a spray bottle.

Is the foam better? Foam what my Surgeon recommended but I have opened now and used the spray. 

Cheers 

Both are good products...it's just a matter of the delivery...some like the foam because it does not run like the liquid form...just make sure the strength is what you need, i.e. 5%.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Administrators

I can only speak for myself, but the foam did absolutely nothing for me. I think the liquid form penetrates much better for me personally.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

For me, the foam version induced a major shed cycle, however the liquid form never did.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Thanks Gillenator

Thanks Melvin

I read online that the liquid tends to cause more reaction with the scalp and can discolour the hair. The propylene glycol in the liquid is quite harsh on the skin which can effect the absorption  - thats why they invented the foam. But they are saying the absorption of the liquid is much quicker if it does not cause any reaction. 

Liquid gave me TERRIBLE  dandruff.  My whole head was white and flakey. Had to stop fairly quickly only use foam now.

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update. 

6 hours ago, Aftermath said:

I’ve used both, I prefer foam. Both seam to work for me, but the foam feels less greasy and the spray also causes some redness and mild irritation which the foam doesn’t 

Did u use the spray after any of your hasson surgeries?

1 hour ago, PlzRespond said:

Did u use the spray after any of your hasson surgeries?

For the first one, but as soon as the foam was launched in the UK I used that. It was dr hasson that recommended it as he saw the irritation of the scalp during the surgery 

• Administrators
18 hours ago, Fivehead89 said:

Thanks Gillenator

Thanks Melvin

I read online that the liquid tends to cause more reaction with the scalp and can discolour the hair. The propylene glycol in the liquid is quite harsh on the skin which can effect the absorption  - thats why they invented the foam. But they are saying the absorption of the liquid is much quicker if it does not cause any reaction. 

In my experience the cheap liquid causes irritation. The kirkland minoxidil is horrible and causes dandruff and scalp irritation. I use Lipogaine and that actually dries quickly and causes no irritation.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

To the many people including me that are highly allergic to a chemical they put in the liquid Minoxidil called (PG) Propylene Glycol  stick with the foam the foam don't contain it 

Edited by Markee

It's always a good idea to read the label on both the liquid and foam products and compare the inactive ingredients.

Gillenator