Dr Cooley 4222 FUT - 13th Dec 2018

Merlin

• 2 weeks later...

Day 121

So far so good. The improvement is noticeable.  It's easier to hide the areas with missing hair. The major one is the crown which despite the significant improvement, is very obvious that there are hair missing there (on the picture it looks better than in person I think), unless I do the comb over; probably because the hair on the center of the crown are still short.

Front

front.thumb.jpg.7f500f036d5d152108d2cb8c34986b9b.jpg

Crown

crown.thumb.jpg.0e3d928e0ef56d3b1870bc16d31e9aef.jpg

Left Side

side.thumb.jpg.5ff689456307ffed4a0d5214bfdbb2a0.jpg

Edited by Merlin

Looks good Merlin. You still have a few months left of continued growth. If you're at 121 days now figure about another 100 days of more growth. You will see added thickness! I would estimate about 7 to 8 months before my growth really peaked. You know Dr Cooley would say stop freaking out about it! :)

15 hours ago, mikemorrow2000 said:

Looks good Merlin. You still have a few months left of continued growth. If you're at 121 days now figure about another 100 days of more growth. You will see added thickness! I would estimate about 7 to 8 months before my growth really peaked. You know Dr Cooley would say stop freaking out about it! :)

Thanks Mike. I am not freaking out 😀(I haven't bothered Dr. Cooley but I am sure he would say that!😀); there was a huge improvement over the last 30 days. I am just acknowledging that I have more way to go. My goal is to be able to go outside (rolling out bed😁) without fixing my hair or wearing a hat so to avoid showing the hair loss. This is almost achieved for the front, and the crown is getting there. Probably it's mostly a matter of the hair growing longer; and the extra hair (I assume/hope) that should be coming online over the next few weeks will help too.

Edited by Merlin

On 4/18/2019 at 1:01 PM, GrowingHair said:

That looks really good Merlin, big difference from your prior photos.  Cant wait to see how it continues to improve!

Thanks GrowingHair. I hope that yours is also progressing well.

• 1 month later...

Looks like plenty of growth since your March update. That crown is looking great.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Thanks everyone for the comments!

22 hours ago, Mick50 said:

Very good ,particularly impressed with the crown ,did you find out form the Doc how many grafts were used there ?

1500 grafts on the crown. See 

• 3 months later...

@GrowingHair @mikemorrow2000 Thanks for checking in; I will post photos soon. Since I last posted, I haven't thought about hair loss which was the whole point of doing the procedure with Dr. Cooley.

@ck432 I am sure that Dr. Cooley did an excellent job! It's still early, everything will come out fine in time.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2019 at 6:51 PM, mikemorrow2000 said:

Yes you're right that is the whole point. I just had a 2nd procedure on July 12th so I'm in the middle of it again. First procedure was in 2009.

I am sure everything went well; the growth should be coming soon.

Day 306 Update

Finally got around to post pictures. I had a haircut 4 days ago. The lowest setting on the trimmer was 3.5 (that was the lowest I was also doing before the transplant). 

Front

front.thumb.jpg.b34edc8d73584a74e5afaac954105e27.jpg

Back

back.thumb.jpg.d27418c145cebb3167a12ec62b190cf4.jpg

top.thumb.jpg.64d9b4b0f07fdf5d70fef404a623303e.jpg

Left side

side.thumb.jpg.07ea1fcd8e349649d43213e99e5a26b8.jpg

Edited by Merlin

Thanks for the encouragement, Merlin. Your hair looks great. I'm hoping my results are just as good. I used a different doctor this time. Dr Charles in Boca Raton. I used Dr Charles b/c he was closer in proximity. It has been 95 days since my 2nd procedure. Starting to see some minor improvement in density but it's just starting to come in. Dr Cooley will always be the best in my mind. Dr Charles does excellent work too.

• Like 1