Dear forum members,

As many of you know, we gather as much information as possible about a physician, their staff, technique and track record before they are even considered for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network. Part of our review process involves getting input from patients and the members of this forum community. To learn more about this review process, click here. 

Thus, we'd like your input on the potential recommendation of Dr. Antonio Alcaide of Malaga, Spain.  At this time, Dr. Alcaide is being considered for recommendation only, not the Coalition.  To see our demanding standards for recommendation, click here.

Dr. Antonio Alcaide has been trained by Coalition member Dr. Christian Bisanga and performs FUE (follicular unit extraction) and some FUSS (strip surgery) when appropriate as the primary part of his practice at BHR Clinic in Spain. 

Dr. Alcaide has over 5 years of experience and operates on only 1 patient per day.  He uses all of the latest tools and techniques including microscopic dissection, the trichophytic closure, minimally invasive blades, needles as small as .8mm, Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and dense packing when appropriate for the patient.  He specializes in FUSS, FUE, hair transplant repair, SMP (Scalp Micropigmentation), hair replacement (hair systems) and Mesotherapy.  Dr. Alcaide also offers prescriptions for Propecia  and free consultations for hair transplant surgery.

Dr. Antonio Alcaide has the staff and experience to perform large, densely packed sessions of ultra refined follicular unit hair transplantation exceeding 3500 grafts when appropriate for the patient.

Dr. Alcaide uses both a manual and motorized extraction device (depending on the patient) with punch sizes ranging from .8mm to .9mm depending on the patient and the size of the graft.  He uses single haired grafts for the crucial hairline areas to mimic nature and densely packs up to 50 FU/cm2 when appropriate.

Dr. Antonio Alcaide prefers manual FUE extraction because he feels it's more delicate, gentle and less traumatic for the grafts than the NeoGraft and the SAFE Scribe. 

Follicular unit grafts are stored in a PRP / Saline holding solution after extraction for a maximum of 2 to 3 hours to minimize dehydration while waiting to be implanted into tiny recipient incisions made by the surgeon prior to implantation.  Grafts are then inserted carefully using Ellis forceps by experienced technicians.

Dr. Alcaide has a background in dermatology and trichology and is a member of the ISHRS, FUE Europe, the Spanish Academic of Dermatology (AEDV) and the Spanish Society of Trichology. 

Given Dr. Alcaide's training and experience in performing both state of the art FUT and FUE and providing only the best results, in my opinion, he should be considered for recommendation.

In recent weeks, Dr. Alcaide has presented several examples of his procedure and recent results on this forum.  Dr. Alcaide's Recent Patient and Surgical photos can be found below:

Dr. ALCAIDE - BHR Clinic / 2583 FUE - Crown restoration

Dr. ALCAIDE - BHR Clinic / 1817 FUE

Dr. ALCAIDE - BHR Clinic / 2583 FUE - Crown restoration

Dr. ALCAIDE - BHR Clinic / 2756 FUE - Hair line and crown

Dr. ALCAIDE - BHR Clinic / 1393 FUE - Crown restoration

Dr. ALCAIDE - BHR Clinic / 2292 FUE

Dr. ALCAIDE - BHR Clinic / 2505 FUE - Crown case

Dr. ALCAIDE - BHR Clinic / 1981 FUE

Dr. ALCAIDE - BHR Clinic / 2214 FUE

You can find additional examples of his work by visiting the “Results Posted by Leading Hair Transplant Clinics” forum and by using the “search” feature.

I welcome input and comments from forum members regarding his potential recommendation. 

To view our standards for recommendation, click here.

• Administrators

I have been following the results that have been posted and frankly I’m really impressed. The work looks clean and refined. The recommendation is a yes for me, but would love to hear the communities input.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi,

Thank you very much for the comments.

Dr. Alcaide can also rebuild temporals, but we don't have many patients who request it. But when we are asked about it, Dr. Alcaide can provide it like this case.

Kind regards,

2r61tzb.jpg

Daniel - Dr. ALCAIDE Advisor

www.bhrclinicspain.com

daniel@bhrclinicspain.com

Whatssapp: +34 626 350 698

14 hours ago, Raker said:

We definitely need more European representation here, however on some of the cases provided the temporal work is non existent, to early for recommendation. 

To be fair, 75% or more of the surgeons recommended on here virtually never do temple point work, or very minor tweaks rather than full restoration. 

Patient posted results would be much preferred than just clinic posted for a recommendation, but at least off the basis of these cases  and the appearances of the post-ops there are surgeons that don't deserve it as much as Alcaide seems to. I'd be more inclined than usual to trust the standard of work here because of the BHR association also. But should be mentioned that Spanish hair makes a gigantic difference, especially in this hairline case I don't think the density is particularly high but it appears better because of his hair quality, especially at the temple closure areas I can tell it is quite thin but it still looks natural.

• Like 1

Great opinion as usual Jean. I actually think that looks better than if it were mega dense. More natural. There is usually some thinning in these areas in men anyway. I have seen other work where it is denser than the native hair behind it and it looks silly when cut short. Nobody knows what will happen in the future, medication or otherwise, so I would rather err on the side of caution.

• Like 1

@Raker,

Thanks for expressing your concern. However, Jean  made a great point about many surgeons not doing temporal work or at least presenting it but you have to remember, that many patients simply don’t need it or requested. And as you can see, the clinic responded to your concern and even showed an example of some temple work in his reply. So clearly they do this kind of work when requested although they admit that it’s rare because it’s often not needed by their patients. 

Dr. Alcaide  he may have only just started presenting examples of his work and results here on this forum. However, his work and results are well represented in other places online. Moreover, he was trained and is backed by Coalition member Dr. Bisanga who is fully confident in his work and results.   Certainly that says something as well but you know us.   We never approve a doctor for recommendation just on someone’s word. We need to see the  work and results for ourselves.   But I’d say in this case, it certainly producing top notch  results. 

Best wishes, 

Bill

2 hours ago, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

@Raker,

Thanks for expressing your concern. However, Jean  made a great point about many surgeons not doing temporal work or at least presenting it but you have to remember, that many patients simply don’t need it or requested. And as you can see, the clinic responded to your concern and even showed an example of some temple work in his reply. So clearly they do this kind of work when requested although they admit that it’s rare because it’s often not needed by their patients. 

Dr. Alcaide  he may have only just started presenting examples of his work and results here on this forum. However, his work and results are well represented in other places online. Moreover, he was trained and is backed by Coalition member Dr. Bisanga who is fully confident in his work and results.   Certainly that says something as well but you know us.   We never approve a doctor for recommendation just on someone’s word. We need to see the  work and results for ourselves.   But I’d say in this case, it certainly producing top notch  results. 

Best wishes, 

Bill

Bill

My comment was more of an observation on the variation of work presented and in fairness to the clinic they responded with an example of their temporal work, can’t ask for more. 

9 hours ago, TrixGlendevon said:

Great opinion as usual Jean. I actually think that looks better than if it were mega dense. More natural. There is usually some thinning in these areas in men anyway. I have seen other work where it is denser than the native hair behind it and it looks silly when cut short. Nobody knows what will happen in the future, medication or otherwise, so I would rather err on the side of caution.

Not sure what your point is, no mega density mentioned in my submission, I was simply responding to the information presented. With reference to the thining of native hair your theory could apply to anywhere after a HT not just the temporal area. 

On 12/15/2018 at 2:43 PM, JeanLDD said:

But should be mentioned that Spanish hair makes a gigantic difference, especially in this hairline case I don't think the density is particularly high but it appears better because of his hair quality.

Hi,

JeanLDD is mentioning a very valid point. Hair characteristics can make a big difference in terms of the result achieved. Spanish hair can be a little thicker compared to other patients, but if you compare it with other nationalities, it may be thinner.

That said, Dr. Alcaide also treats patients with very fine hair, like these 2 examples (specially the 2nd one).

06.%200-7%20Months%201_zpsybgbqyh8.jpg

08.%200-95%20Meses_zpsgnmdiijj.jpg

Kind regards,

www.bhrclinicspain.com

Thank you for everyone’s input on the potential recommendation of Dr. Antonio Alcaide. As you know, We take member feedback very seriously when  considering surgeons for recommendation.  

In my opinion, Dr. Alcaide is doing top notch work on par  with other leading surgeons. He was also trained by and works with coalition member Dr. Bisanga,  who fully supports his inclusion.  

Given that the majority of feedback we received is highly positive, I feel confident in approving his recommendation.  

Thus,  we’ve gone ahead and approved Dr. Alcaide for recommendation.   You are encouraged to congratulate him on this topic.   View his recommendation profile for more information.  

Best wishes,

Bill

Dear forum members,

Thank you very much for the confidence on Dr. Alcaide's work. We are very pleased to be part of the Hair Transplant Network.

We are preparing new cases to show the results achieved by Dr. Alcaide in our clinic in Málaga - Spain.

I take advantage of this post to inform that our FUE rates are between 2,70-2,85 Euros, and 2,50-2 Euros on FUT procedures. 

We are at your total disposal if you have any question.

Kind regards and Best Wishes for the New Year.

www.bhrclinicspain.com

On 12/19/2018 at 2:42 AM, BHRClinicSpain said:

Hi,

JeanLDD is mentioning a very valid point. Hair characteristics can make a big difference in terms of the result achieved. Spanish hair can be a little thicker compared to other patients, but if you compare it with other nationalities, it may be thinner.

That said, Dr. Alcaide also treats patients with very fine hair, like these 2 examples (specially the 2nd one).

06.%200-7%20Months%201_zpsybgbqyh8.jpg

08.%200-95%20Meses_zpsgnmdiijj.jpg

Kind regards,

The density in the second patient doesn't look great in my opinion. I understand it's fine hair but I think more grafts should've been used to create a better result. Maybe a second run would help? I wouldn't be happy if that was my final result, looks very doll like 

Hi Jamothee,

Apologies for the delay. 

As said that 2nd patient had very fine hair, but the main aspect on that case is that he has an advanced pattern of loss. In fact he had a 2nd surgery a few months ago to improve coverage behind that area and mid section.

That is one of the reasons why we were not aggressive on the hair line in terms of numbers of graft. We used around 2000 if I am not wrong. I personally have spoken to him and he was very pleased with the result and no intention to add density but improve coverage behind that area.

My goal with that picture was basically to show some examples of patients with fine hair (I did not also explain that specific patient had a previous FUE procedure on crown on another clinic, so donor area was already limited).

Kind regards,

www.bhrclinicspain.com