Bill - Managing Publisher’s Results 10 Years Later - Growing Hair

Hey everybody, it’s been along time since I’ve posted any real pictures of my hair. It’s been almost 10 years since my last hair transplant procedure and over 10 years since my first one. So I thought I would post a couple photos so people can see that hair transplants do stand the test of time. Not only that, but I’ve been experimenting recently by growing my hair. For the last 10 years or so I’ve been wearing my hair ultra short and as a result, it appeared a little thinner on top although still quite thick compared to what it would look like without any surgery . Today however, I thought I would grow my hair out sort of like I did when I was in my 20s… Mind you hairstyles have changed since then but right now I’m not concerned about style as much as I am trying to see what my hair would look like longer. In the meantime, I’ve had to go back to wearing hats to tame my hair which would be very wild and thick if I did not. That’s definitely a much better reason to wear a hat than I used to… which was basically to cover any signs of baldness and hair loss.

With that said, my hair is far from long but it’s in that bizarre and unusual phase that prevents me from really being able to do much with it except put on hat to tame it.

So without further do, here are a couple photos of the top of my head and my crown which is the thin area. I will post a photo showing the hairline a little later as well.

Let me know what you think :-)

Best wishes,

Bill

EA7B3A11-8BC6-4DD8-B7D2-E750CCC71C7B.jpg

77BC9C72-C2BF-45C2-B9CB-31A748E92F87.jpg

BF65754E-FC0C-4530-B43C-DD0DFDC34160.jpg

0D0792A3-72AE-4709-AC09-E7E3EAE5F312.jpg

Edited by Bill - Managing Publisher

Considering that I would be a level six on the Norwood scale without hair transplant surgery, I’m very pleased with my overall, long-term results. Most people can’t even tell I lost any hair unless they evaluate the back of my scalp and see that it’s thinner. At least there’s no bald spot even when it’s cut short.

Best wishes,

Bill

• Administrators

Wow I had no idea your hair was that long Bill, it’s looking quite dense. From where you are now in your 40’s to how you were in your 20’s is night and day. Really quite amazing what careful planning and going to an elite surgeon can do for you congrats.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Nice!, looks awesome.

did you have transplant in the crown area too?, how much grafts in total?.

why don't you use hair style products instead of hat?, i'm after years of wearing hats and i'm sick and tired of it, about 3.5 months after HT, still with hats.

looking forward to see the hairline.

Thanks Melvin, I appreciate it. It’s actually kind of fun growing my hair out a little bit… It’s obvious that the top is not as thick as it used to be when I was 16 and growing my hair however, it still looks pretty darn sick on top compared to I ever thought I would see on top of my head again. So I’m very excited to be able to grow my hair if I want to without worrying about it looking like a comb-over or something. I have plenty of hair on all parts of my scalp even though the ground is a little thinner.

Best wishes,

Bill

Dude. That is SO MUCH hair. I've tried many times over the years to let mine grow out but can't really pull it off (nor do I have the patience needed for it to get that far). But really your hair looks amazing.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Your hair looks super dense. The crown doesn't even look that bad, I imagine its easier to not even notice it. When its short and not swept back, does it still retain a decent look in the back?

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

Hey new hair please, Thanks for the compliment I appreciate it. And when did you send me a private message? Did you send it recently or previously on the old forum? Either way I will check… I’m just not clear on when you sent it.

Sent on new forum. I sent you a couple more of what you asked for. Thanks for the info. Good catching up. Your hair really does look great!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Considering your original level of loss, this is fantastic work and it seems to be holding up well.  Some folks wish they had satisfaction like this.  Great stuff Bill!  Lookin good.

19 hours ago, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

Hey new hair please, Thanks for the compliment I appreciate it. And when did you send me a private message? Did you send it recently or previously on the old forum? Either way I will check… I’m just not clear on when you sent it.

Sent on new forum. I sent you a couple more of what you asked for. Thanks for the info. Good catching up. Your hair really does look great!

Bill

are you using any meds now?

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

You look great Bill, age appropriate and still mostly with a cosmetic head of hair.

Your transplants look incredibly refined from these photographs.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

• 2 weeks later...