Foreign Language Forums

Can anybody recommend some foreign language forums? I tried Hair Loss Talk (English language but I wanted a different perspective) but there is no movement on there at all. This genuinely seems to be the best English language site. However, I want to see what other countries say about the same surgeons who are on my shortlist and one of them doesn't have much exposure on this site. Any help?

Hairloss experiences is a good forum imo

Edited by bullitnut

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

• 2 years later...

Bumping to add:
-Hair loss experiences - French; patient submissions are fewer but site is easy to navigate, pictures are inline with posts, and overall runs fast. Best back end programming of any forum I've come across--can view large numbers of cases quickly.
-Recuperalpelo - Spanish; need to register an account to search; older cases are almost entirely broken links. Excellent sampling of the fue spring coming from Spain. Good source for less mentioned surgeons (ie. Ximena Vila, Pinto, Heinicke, etc).
-Alopezie - German; older formatting makes pics harder to see and small number of surgical cases overall.
-Haarweb - Dutch; very limited number overall as a subsection of a general hair loss site.

Very interesting to see how surgeons discussed here are viewed in other countries, as well as how foreign surgeons are viewed by their respective medical communities.

Edited by bismarck
Removed links
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Please name the forums, but don’t post links. Except for one forum which I’ve removed, because they’ve been found to censor their forum members.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, BjornBorg said:

Mind sharing which one? Could be important to know for future hair transplant patients.

I don't want to stir up drama, you can pm me and I will tell you.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 4 months later...

Some docs are more active on one forum vs another when it comes to posting results. Some real patients post on one more than another.  It sucks but you have to look at so many forums when you need to gather info.  There are just so many.  Then There are those that are language based.  

no doubt this forum has been active

wondering what happened to the hairlosshelp forum though

it seems to have ceased operations - topcat where are you?  Do you know what happened by any chance?

• Administrators

I personally don’t know about other forums, these forums aren’t cheap to run, so unless they have sponsorships, I can’t see them surviving. 

• Thanks 1

View my thread