My 2295 FUE at the Hairpalace, Budapest

NickC

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

For anybody that’s interested here are my 9 months photos.

The hair palace contacted me this week to ask for consent to show my photos and requested updated ones. So here are a few of the original ones from the day of the surgery and new ones taken today. 

I’ve decided to come out of disguise and show my ugly mug to the world. Who am I kidding. Anybody that knew me would have recognised me anyway, with or without a black line across my face.

00159E5C-B424-474F-97BA-647B73897030.jpeg

2FA4EB5F-904D-419A-B35A-B8462A7C89A9.jpeg

D67A3004-6891-41C2-90A3-C30BDFF64F4D.jpeg

E306DF68-40A4-46AF-9CA4-9080560CDB71.jpeg

Edited by NickC
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, for anybody that’s interest, here are my 10 months photos. I’ve just had my hair cut today, a task I used to hate but I rather enjoy it nowadays....

Im at the end of my journey and I don’t think I will see any improvements form here onwards but I’m more than happy.

Thanks for looking and have a great Christmas.

062D5378-355D-48C2-A3EB-AA33173661C1.jpeg

FD7504F5-07CE-4B8E-9219-EA5EB8183CC6.jpeg

6F45C03F-2012-4ABD-AAEE-25AD5894C793.jpeg

FC085D87-07D6-4C7B-996C-097A1376C07F.jpeg

29A9A2CD-6001-4F82-9CED-D10CFC34EBD1.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks for your nice comments.

Im pretty sure I’ll be going back later In the coming year to get the job finished. Most of my friends and family say I shouldn’t bother and save the money but i would like to finish what I started.

Hi,

Yes, they told me 1st time around that I had more than enough donor hair for a 2nd visit. This was their plan. They said that a 2 visit procedure would be the best corse of action. 

Thanks for your kind comments.

• 3 weeks later...

Your at the interesting time of your transformation now. The four month mark was the start of real growth for me and I then started growing my hair out . Until this point I was shaving it short. You look right on track for great results. You’ve had nearly double the amount of grafts that I’ve had so you should look amazing in 8 months or so.

I’ll show you my 4 month photos but I think they are probably just a repeat of earlier ones from this forum.

0930CE9A-2A61-4A37-A106-9AE4FD5CE236.jpeg

66E21C4B-E7B7-41B4-8D32-DA8F8D1F9B26.jpeg

D3EF102B-DC8E-4D14-B550-9C39DE1C3A65.jpeg

1 hour ago, Kraistoff said:

Thanks Nick

Yours looked thicker at 4 months than mine does tho. 

Here’s mine today 

FCD39D5A-1204-4FC3-BB86-593FB9A0B256.jpeg

5553A567-1D6D-42B4-B5E9-D1A0559DC273.jpeg

F0B5341A-A5EB-481E-A12B-C844B68415E6.jpeg

Your hair in the photos is long compared to Nicks 4-month photo, and long hair does look more sparse than when it’s cropped and cut shorter, His turned out great , so should yours.

I genuinely wouldn’t worry about where you are in relation to my transplant. We are all different and I’m sure by next month you will look at your comparison shots and notice a hell of a difference. I know I was permanently concerned until it all started to happen for me but the best advice I can give you is don’t worry. 

Are you taking any meds? I’ve been taking finasteride from day 1, I haven’t had any side effects. I take a biotin tablet just to aid hair and nail quality. I also use minoxidil but only started taking that 2 months after the HT. I don’t know if any of these meds have helped me or not and I’m afraid to stop taking them just in case things starts going backwards.

At the end of January is my 12 month mark and I’ll update with probably my final photos until I can save up enough to get my 2nd and hopefully last HT.

Good luck and don’t worry......

Thanks Nick, 

i started propecia 6 months before my hair transplant.

i tried Minox but couldn’t be bothered and I have heard that it makes hair shed and hair which grows back isn’t very good quality . 

Hope I have a result like yours ! 

You will, it’s like VicTYNC said above, I think yours just look a little thin at the moment because you’ve been growing it out. I shaved mine really short from day one until it started to thicken up and then I started to leave it longer.

Even now, the longer I grow mine, the thinner it looks. That’s why I need to go back but I’m more than happy so far.

Amazing result for 2300 grafts!  Also a valuable lesson in how putting the density in the front matter a lot. You can see from the top view it is a bit see through on top. But who looks at someone directly overhead. We all have limited resources be it grafts or money.  Putting the effort into that part people see talking to us is what matters most. I am no expert. But typically a safe average is about 6500 grafts are available on an average patient. This man looks pretty average in the regard so I would say he can have another 2-3000 grafts and still be safe.  If it were me, I would have about another 2000 done to finish this already nice work. But I think it is okay as it is. But with such a think hairline it can look unnatural if it isn't done artistically and well. 

I follow this post and love all the updates.  I'm seriously considering getting it done.  I don't mind having a shaved head to be honest, but if I can have the option then why the hell not.  Only issue is recovery time and going to work looking like an idiot.  Does anyone know how long after a HT you can shave your hair to a 0?  Thanks

2 minutes ago, GregFUE said:

I follow this post and love all the updates.  I'm seriously considering getting it done.  I don't mind having a shaved head to be honest, but if I can have the option then why the hell not.  Only issue is recovery time and going to work looking like an idiot.  Does anyone know how long after a HT you can shave your hair to a 0?  Thanks

At the very least, 6-months after an Ht is what most Doctors and clinics will tell you, any sooner any you could damage the grafts.

I shaved mine down to the next one up from a 0 (can’t remember the size exactly but it wasn’t the shortest) from about 2 months. You can probably see in the photos on page 1. I’m sure my clinic said it should be safe by then. I was really gentle and I remember the first few times I would shave everywhere else apart from the transpalnted area and cut that area short with a pair of scissors, just to be sure.

i don’t think you should be able to pull grafts out that far into the healing process but I may be wrong.

Well, here I am, nearly 1 year to the day that I set off to Budapest on my journey.

What a year!!

Here are my final photos until I start the next stage of my HT, hopefully later this year, all things considered. Just had a haircut and it’s probably the best it’s going to look.

DEC80324-3656-46CB-BED0-D4A0AA852B72.jpeg

F96A5756-EE96-42DB-A044-13838352D606.jpeg

58406E9D-C80B-4E94-812C-F95F4767A65B.jpeg

EFC46311-FCC9-4EAE-BC39-8AB8292CB6C0.jpeg

13AACDD8-0F33-4378-8257-2BD2C85EFE1E.jpeg

Thanks for the feedback.

As in products, do you mean mouse or clay? All I have in is a little mouse and then blown dry. A little spray gel brushed through for shine and hold, no concealers or anything like that.

• Thanks 1