My bad experience with Dr Resul Yaman in Turkey

Details

Since Dr Yaman is recommended by this site, he should be required to provide an explanation for that donor area.

When users post negative reviews about recommended doctors, moderators are quick to request additional evidence - with the threat of the topic being archived if they don't provide it.

Recommended doctors should be held to the same standard. If they don't provide explanations for cases like this, then they shouldn't be recommended.

If you were going for an HT now, would you confers Yaman? Based only on results.

Just to add - that should be based on recent results posted by patients, not results from years ago when Yaman was more involved with the procedure.

Edited by Grouchy

33 minutes ago, Grouchy said:

Since Dr Yaman is recommended by this site, he should be required to provide an explanation for that donor area.

When users post negative reviews about recommended doctors, moderators are quick to request additional evidence - with the threat of the topic being archived if they don't provide it.

Recommended doctors should be held to the same standard. If they don't provide explanations for cases like this, then they shouldn't be recommended.

Just to add - that should be based on recent results posted by patients, not results from years ago when Yaman was more involved with the procedure.

Grouchy,

Every single surgeon, even the best in the world have cases of poor growth and less than ideal results.   However, what separates the best from the rest is the surgeons that stand behind your patience and help them get the results they deserve or take care of them in someway. This patient has gotten a full refund  and thus, his concerns have been resolved. Sometimes, there is no other explanation other than a patient’s physiology wasn’t optimal/ideal for surgery.    That said, when there is an explanation to provide, I agree that surgeon should always provide one.   I will ask Melvin to contact Dr. Yaman  in order to obtain more information on this particular case. 

Best Wishes,

Bill

• Like 1

Sometimes, there is no other explanation other than a patient’s physiology wasn’t optimal/ideal for surgery. 

And sometimes results decline as doctors begin to rely more on techs - the Doganay Effect.

I am sorry, but this is not only a physiology issue. This is also an extraction pattern issue. A full refund is not enough for this, neither for the TO nor for the forum. Bad growth can happen to everyone, but this appears to be poor craftmanship.

The reason your donor didn't recover is due to the dense black course hair you have. I got 4500 grafts done from Yaman and I couldn't be happier. My donor area doesn't even look like it was touched. Unfortunate for you that your hair didn't recover well from the transplant. Maybe you can get some grafts from bottom of donor area and move them up to try fill in damaged donor. Having cosmetic surgery is always gonna be a gamble. I see Yaman gave you a full refund . maybe use this to fill in the donor area that looks patchy. 

On 9/2/2018 at 5:40 PM, Gasthoerer said:

I am sorry, but this is not only a physiology issue. This is also an extraction pattern issue. A full refund is not enough for this, neither for the TO nor for the forum. Bad growth can happen to everyone, but this appears to be poor craftmanship.

So if a full refund isn't enough what would you recommend he does?? Spend 1000s of pounds dragging Yaman thru the courts or get him to fix it free of charge?? 

Hello Dear Members of Hair Restoration Network,

First of all I would like to thank you all for your time to share your thoughts and doubts and giving me a chance to explain the situation here. We have already defined the patient whose nickname is “Details” having had the hair transplantation in our clinic. We are in communication with our patient and work through to solve his problem which are caused by unsatisfied results. We would be glad to share with you about the findings on this cases.

Mr. “Details” case, who had hair transplantation for 4500 grafts in our clinic, is in high grafted and risky operational group. His analys form, which was filled during his consultation before the operation, shows us that he had mean 7 micron hair thickness and his donor capacity was good. After exemining his operation result, a poor rate of hair growth and damaged donor area has been deteched. In the operations, where forceps are used, the risk factor is higher. It is more effective to use bigger diamater punchs during the extraction in such cases.  Generally, the internal diamater of the punches that we use for extractions is 0,7 mm and the external diamater is 0,82 mm. For this patient we had to use a bigger punch which its internal diamater is 0,9 mm and external diamater is 1 mm. The swelling and the healing process of our patient lasted longer than we expected and this was why more than usual scars appeared on the donor area. Although our medical expert staff had experience on thick folicule transplantation, they performed thoroughly and they were informed of that the operation had to be performed specificly because of his thick foliculs, we got unsatisfed result. As hair transplant surgeries have many possible risk factors, we might face some complications time to time. We have being in communcation with “Details” We have provided him the required support and we are going to keep providing.

Thank you for taking the time with me to read this.

Best regards,
Dr. Resul Yaman

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:46 AM, Mickah17 said:

So if a full refund isn't enough what would you recommend he does?? Spend 1000s of pounds dragging Yaman thru the courts or get him to fix it free of charge?? 

I never said that he should sue.

HT is a risky procedure. Even a great clinic does not guarantee growth, for reasons which are not completely understood yet. In such a case (poor growth when the work was flawless) a refund is great and generous from the clinic.

If (!) bad work is the reason for the bad outcome (I am not (!) talking about poor growth only) this is a different story. If the surgery plan was bad, untrained techs have been used and/or harvesting was on a to concentrated area, a refund is not enough. Then the mods should consider the recommendation of such a clinic. By the way: I am not (!) saying this is the case here, but it is a case to look closely. Especially as I remember another one too. Sueing might also be a possibility, but chances are slim, therefore I typically do not recommend it.

40 minutes ago, Dr Resul Yaman said:

Mr. “Details” case, who had hair transplantation for 4500 grafts in our clinic, is in high grafted and risky operational group.

Thank you for your detailed explanation. What is for me hard to understand: If this was such a difficult case, why not perform a small test procedure and check the results? Why directly go "all in"?

1 hour ago, Gasthoerer said:

Thank you for your detailed explanation. What is for me hard to understand: If this was such a difficult case, why not perform a small test procedure and check the results? Why directly go "all in"?

I would also add asking the Doctor, if the procedure looked to already be risky, was the full 4,500 grafts extracted and implanted in a single days session? And if it was, why so? Why add additional risk to the patient in doing so?

• 7 months later...
On 1/8/2018 at 4:20 AM, Details said:

Can someone give me advise how to proceed from here on?

5b32f85a5eb15_Resultoneyearafter.thumb.jpg.6c0697afdac1521f5fb2a8b092d11faf.jpg

5b32f85a79d5e_Donor1yearafter-right.thumb.jpg.fa7be94c7b46eb21f290d31ba11fa75e.jpg

5b32f85a9a86f_Donor1yearafter-rightcloseup.thumb.jpg.fd0b523735326a402edf8d5fe69fef5c.jpg

I think you can try wear and let the area grow as long as possible. 4000 fue grafts not combined with the strip grafts is not prudent because firstly even FUE grafts demmand more than 4 milimeters long (1/2 cm more or less). So, you mission now is to have those hairs in the donor area grow and masage the area every time possible for the blood circulation. Its my opinion as I a Spanish and English teacher and a HT candidate.

• 1 year later...