My bad experience with Dr Resul Yaman in Turkey

Details

I am 30 years old now and I had my FUE surgery with Dr Yaman in May 2016.

I was planning on going ahead with a more reputable clinic but in the end, I chose Dr Yaman because the hair transplant network recommended him and he gave me the cheapest price.

For 4500 grafts I paid only €4000.

My problem was that I had some thinning in the temples and so I put myself in the hands of the doctor.

From what I see now from the results posted by the other clinics, I only needed about 2000 – 2500 grafts to cover my thinning areas with a dense pack density.

Instead I got 4500 grafts in areas that I had no serious thinning and very low density in the area of my thinning temples.

So now, 18 months later I ended up with thin temples, with shock loss on the top area that no transplant was needed and a fully depleted donor.

I came in touch with some other clinics for repair, but they are reluctant to take my case as there in not much donor left. I can’t have a short haircut otherwise I expose my badly depleted donor.

Can someone give me advise how to proceed from now on?

5b32f85941eb3_front-Before.jpg.7578de0d1d069728c6335b02137fcd97.jpg

5b32f859639bc_Postop-Fronttop.jpg.c3e0928559eb84bc01e701c6a77683de.jpg

5b32f85982e1b_Postoptop.thumb.jpg.18d742231b163c6c9a617a7cbb95e366.jpg

5b32f85a3a6f5_Postopfront10daysafter.thumb.jpg.05d761a3f2b23faf827f69cc9d12d4c3.jpg

Edited by Details

Wow, this looks really horrible. I feel with you and wish you the best

My advice is as follows:

- Please post additional pictures from the status before the transplant (reason: Hard to believe that you only needed temple work, sorry) and of the donor directly after the op (reasons: to see if it is shockloss or just to many grafts extracted from small area)

- Use the same pictures also to contact other surgeons

- Try to check if it looks better with longer hair

- If you want to go with exactly this hairstyle I would consider SMP and thin the donor evenely and fill with SMP

- Check if body hair is available

^The above user suggested SMP into the donor which I agree is a possible route you may consider. Again, he also suggested growing the donor out just to see how it looks, which I too agree with.

It seems that the skin was almost ruptured during the extraction process. Can you post immediate post-op pics of your donor area?

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. This is why for Turkey I only ever recommend Erdogan or Keser.

The others in Turkey are just a gamble and in a fair amount of cases you end up worse than when you started.

The BS that all the Turkish docs are "basically the same" in terms of results gets pushed around too, because in the end people are looking for an excuse to go with a cheap surgeon.

Hope things work out for you and the forum is here to help with your next strategy how to fix this.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Details,

Thanks for posting and sharing your concerns. I'm sorry that this happened. Have you spoken with Dr. Yaman? What did he say? I'd really like to hear his comments about this and I hope you'll give him a chance to fix this. Dr. Yaman has been producing excellent results but sometimes, once in a blue moon, a patient will have a bad result. I am going to email him now and ask him to contact you and post a reply. If he doesn't know who you are, I will ask you to identify yourself to me privately and give him permission to share his side of the story (without identifying you of course).

Hang in there.

Best wishes,

Bill

Shurikan - which doctor did you end up going with? If you were considering Dr Yaman I highly doubt you ended up with Erdogen as there is a huge price difference. Dr Yaman is a recommended doctor here and has produced great results. Unfortunately this case didn't end up good but we don't know if this over harvest or shock loss. He needs to post more pics of pre and post surgery of donor area. Don't be quick to make decision on a bad case. If you dig deep enough you will find a bad case on every single doctor.

Shurikan - which doctor did you end up going with? If you were considering Dr Yaman I highly doubt you ended up with Erdogen as there is a huge price difference. Dr Yaman is a recommended doctor here and has produced great results. Unfortunately this case didn't end up good but we don't know if this over harvest or shock loss. He needs to post more pics of pre and post surgery of donor area. Don't be quick to make decision on a bad case. If you dig deep enough you will find a bad case on every single doctor.

I actually went with Asmed, Dr. Koray Erdogan. To be honest I know that it will cost me but I expect nothing but quality. But before considering Asmed, I had a live consultation with Dr. Yaman but the lack of positive results here made me not choose him.

Except that this post has been made public, and members have the right to know about what happened so that future hair transplant candidates can make an informed decision and weigh the risks with regards to Dr. Yaman. I don't know the details of your agreement, but if the Dr. assumed full responsibitlity, admitted that he's at fault for the major damage to your donor zone, and issued you a refund (in exchange for deleting this post?), then this post should remain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Details

Just an update on my post, Dr Yaman office has contacted me we have come to an agreement and they have refunded my costs of surgery in full.

I am glad you came to an agreement.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I’m glad the clinic have refunded you the costs and your happy.

However I do believe, being a recommended doctor on the site, the clinic should at least educate the members on here how this HT went so wrong.

We all know some surgeries go wrong but they shouldn’t hide from explaining to the community..

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

Details,

Thank you for sharing your experience and working out your concerns directly with Dr. Yaman. It's not our policy to delete threads as we prefer that members stand by their posts and simply update the community with how a situation was resolved.

Even the best doctors sometimes have less than optimal results and it's not about batting 1000, it's about how a doctor takes care of his patients. Giving you a full refund is very generous, so I think this thread should be left up so members can see how an excellent doctor treats their patients like gold.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 6 months later...

FBO,

You have very specifically been asked to respond to me privately providing me with your full name and date of surgery before posting again anywhere.   This has been requested of you because for over several months now, you’ve been bad mouthing a highly reputable surgeon recommended by this community but refuse to substantiate yourself as a patient. Frankly, this should have been resolved months ago however, apparently this never occurred.   So I very specifically asked you publicly ends in a private message to provide me with your full name and date of surgery so that we can substantiate you as a patient. As long as you are genuine, then you are welcome to continue sharing your experience. However, our fair forum policy Also allows physicians to share their side of the story when appropriate. In your case, it is highly warranted and needed. But you continue to refuse to provide your details.

How we recommend hair transplant positions is well documented on this forum. Our demanding standards are publicly listed along with the fact that physicians who are recommended to pay a nominal monthly sponsorship fee to host their details and results here. 

We operate much like an Ivy League university. Just like  only the best students are admitted to Harvard university, those who choose to attend must pay tuition. That’s how the educational institution is funded. Likewise, Only surgeons to meet our demanding standards and go through a rigorous prescreening process are approved for a recommendation. Those who are approved and are listed agree to pay a nominal monthly sponsorship fee to support this community.

Now, since you have refused to provide your details and decided to post elsewhere as if what we asked of you doesn’t matter, I’m must now suspend your posting privileges and archive your topic out of public view. 

This is not new information either, I warned you this would happen if you did not cooperate and provide your details privately. 

At this point, there is nothing to prove that you are a genuine patience, it is quite possible that you are simply trying to discredit a highly reputable recommended surgeon for whatever reason.   Since you’ve  does not prove you are genuine, this is the only choice we have that’s fair and amicable. 

In the event you do decide to share your personal details with me, I will enable your posting privileges and reinstate your topic.    But you need to give your surgeon the  necessary permission  to share his side of the story. 

best regards,

Bill

2 hours ago, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

We operate much like an Ivy League university. Just like  only the best students are admitted to Harvard university, those who choose to attend must pay tuition. That’s how the educational institution is funded. Likewise, Only surgeons to meet our demanding standards and go through a rigorous prescreening process are approved for a recommendation. Those who are approved and are listed agree to pay a nominal monthly sponsorship fee to support this community.

best regards,

Bill

Bill,

I'm considering a procedure with Dr Yaman, however this and another thread which I am sure you are aware of (although no admin has answered on it as yet I don't think).

I'd like to know whether you still stand by your recommendation of Dr Yaman? I'm am 50/50 whether to book with him, this donor area terrifies me. Surely, we can expect better from suggested surgeons? That isn't just a " can go wrong" case, that's surely a " absolutely no thought put into surgery case". 

If you were going for an HT now, would you confers Yaman? Based only on results.

• Like 1