Masturbation & Hair loss

Hey guys,

I wasn't sure where to post this question, so i decided to post it here. Anyway my question is does masturbation or excessive masturbation can hair loss or thinning? I last year went to see Dr. Arocha in Houston, and asked him if masturbating causes hair loss, and he said no. I'm still skeptical though and wondering if my excessive masturbating habits is to blame for my thinning in my temple areas.

Just some background on me, I didn't start masturbating until i was 24, in 2014. At that same time there was no thinning at all. In 2015, i started to notice thinning, and obviously here am I now in 2017 wondering if i'm to blame for my situation.

Anyway in terms of my family history(i believe i've shared it on here), my father went bald in his 40's. My grandfather as well.

I'll be 28 in June.

Male pattern baldness is purely genetic by nature. Masturbation has absolutely nothing to contribute to hair loss. It is a disproven theory that has been around forever. Something you need to ask yourself is why masturbation would contribute anymore to hair loss than a normal active sexual lifestyle. I think if masturbation contributed to hair loss, all us men would be walking Norwoods 7's.

On average, you lose 3 hairs every time you masturbate.

Just kidding.

No. There is no correlation. Genetics cause it. Finasteride can help block dht which would help your situation.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

On average, you lose 3 hairs every time you masturbate.

Just kidding.

No. There is no correlation. Genetics cause it. Finasteride can help block dht which would help your situation.

Thanks Spanker.

Hey guys,

I wasn't sure where to post this question, so i decided to post it here. Anyway my question is does masturbation or excessive masturbation can hair loss or thinning? I last year went to see Dr. Arocha in Houston, and asked him if masturbating causes hair loss, and he said no. I'm still skeptical though and wondering if my excessive masturbating habits is to blame for my thinning in my temple areas.

Just some background on me, I didn't start masturbating until i was 24, in 2014. At that same time there was no thinning at all. In 2015, i started to notice thinning, and obviously here am I now in 2017 wondering if i'm to blame for my situation.

Anyway in terms of my family history(i believe i've shared it on here), my father went bald in his 40's. My grandfather as well.

I'll be 28 in June.

How on earth did you pass the time?:D

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

My dad is nrwood 7 and my brother was nrwood 7 before 28,

I'm 36 nrwood 5-6 and have been told by one top doc that it maybe slower then them but i will eventually be like them. Just hope i don't!

I have heard alot of things masturbation causes [non-scientific] nothing about it connected to hairloss

I have a differing opinion!, masturbation itself does not cause hair loss, there have been studies showing correlation of testosterone levels and masturbation. So if your follicles are DHT sensitive along with elevated testosterone levels (which in turn leads to elevated DHT baed on your 5-alpha reductase enzyme)then it will likely lead to hair loss. Haven't seen any trials on pubmed on this though.

My Thread: 

You're not the first person to ask this question and you won't be the last. :) Seriously though... 24?!?! Damn. That's some serious self control you got there... :P

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 2 weeks later...

Your doctor was totally right, masturbation isn't connected with the hair loss. Sadly but in your case the reason is in the genes, I suppose that you can repeat the fate of your father :(

This is a very popular hair loss myth, I believe it was probably created by parents to use as a scare tactic on pubescent children to stop them from doing what they may consider as "immoral". So to debunk the myth once and for all, no, there is no correlation between masturbation and hair loss. It doesn't matter how frequent you masturbate either. The primary reason people lose hair is due to genetics. Either program to lose your hair or you're not.

Best wishes,

Bill

I took it upon myself to conduct a rather lengthy individualized study on this subject and once I got up on the subject I was really interested at first, then not so much. But I got interested again later and then...again not so much.

The study continues.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

I took it upon myself to conduct a rather lengthy individualized study on this subject and once I got up on the subject I was really interested at first, then not so much. But I got interested again later and then...again not so much.

The study continues.

Keep up the research! It's a tough job but someone's gotta do it:D

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• 2 weeks later...
lol,

when will the study finish?

Yesterday around 3 p.m.

But then, after waking this morning...it dawned on me that more work needed to be done.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.