Blonde FUE with Dr. Diep

JBlonde

Hey all, I'm a 34 year old guy with fine blonde hair that has receded at the hairline and temples a decent amount. I've been perusing this site off and on for years now and have finally decided to pull the trigger on a procedure. I originally was scheduled to go to Belgium for a procedure, but do to the climate of the world these days, have elected to go a different route. I didn't make that decision with ease, as I've seen great surgeries coming out of Belgium, Turkey, and Spain. However, I live in the California Bay Area and have been following Dr John Diep's results closely, and have been impressed. I am of course nervous about the outcome of the procedure, but have been on the fence for far too long and feel like it's time to go for it.

Dr Diep quoted me about 2500 grafts FUE. With all the research I've done, that was about what I was expecting. The fact that my hair is so fine makes me think that I'm going to need 2 surgeries for the density that I want, but so be it if it ends up looking the way that I want it to. I'm also concerned about the temples looking natural. That seems to be one of the more difficult things for surgeons and the techs to get right. Again though, I've seen some good ones come from Diep's office.

While I've mostly seen positive things from Dr Dieps office, I've seen some negative posts on here from a few years back as well, both of which I believe were FUT. I actually called and am going in for a second consultation with Diep next week to ask questions about his techs, my hairline design, how big of a punch they will use, expected yield, etc. My HT is currently scheduled for Feb 18, so just over a month away.

Would love to hear back from past Diep patients or anyone with fine lighter colored hair who's had FUE done to restore hairline and temples.

5b32f13f46286_FullSizeRender7.thumb.jpg.78c7c6d9052daf3e84e753d95b751b10.jpg

5b32f13f94d02_FullSizeRender8.thumb.jpg.3c21c92f1649b5c21d5e12bcc10768e4.jpg

5b32f13fbfe75_FullSizeRender9.thumb.jpg.95fcf3a843e5a76e1ecd9ae9fda4ea71.jpg

5b32f13fec09f_FullSizeRender10.thumb.jpg.021cf97bd6b19bd35bcd34740011b756.jpg

I think Diep is a fine doctor, a bit too aggressive for my taste in terms of his hairline placements. I say that to you because its obvious you have miniaturization going on in your temporal regions and they will continue to recede, you don't want a hairline that is too low, or not age appropriate if the temporal regions are not also addressed, otherwise it tends to look un-natural. I say go a bit more conservative with an age-appropriate hairline with some recession and you'll be happy for quite a long time, otherwise you'll be chasing that lower hairline with who knows how many more surgeries down the road to keep up.. just my opinion.

• Administrators
The two newest videos on his YouTube channel are my donor area postop.

Wow this is impressive scarring E39 I'm jealous, this is definitely an advantage fair skinned light haired guys have.

Are these your results? If so freaking impressive man!!

Jblonde I imagine the 2,500 is to reconstruct the entire hairline including the tuft, I believe that is the way to go and im fairly certain that is what Dr. Diep would do so that when you do lose that native hair it doesn't look odd or strange.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Wow this is impressive scarring E39 I'm jealous, this is definitely an advantage fair skinned light haired guys have.

Are these your results? If so freaking impressive man!!

Jblonde I imagine the 2,500 is to reconstruct the entire hairline including the tuft, I believe that is the way to go and im fairly certain that is what Dr. Diep would do so that when you do lose that native hair it doesn't look odd or strange.

The donor is mine. No those aren't my results. He was really happy to see me and my results, and took several videos. Hopefully he uploads them soon. Thanks for the compliment on my donor. I'm very happy with it. I've been trying off and on to take some pics of my results to post here but they always turn out terrible lol.

Thanks for the insight and advice guys. E39, I PM'd you. Wondered if you'd mind sending me a couple pictures of your hairline and temples since it looks like our hair profiles are similar?

Pm returned

I completely agree with this. Good advice.

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

• Administrators
The donor is mine. No those aren't my results. He was really happy to see me and my results, and took several videos. Hopefully he uploads them soon. Thanks for the compliment on my donor. I'm very happy with it. I've been trying off and on to take some pics of my results to post here but they always turn out terrible lol.

Is this you looks similar hair color to the donor

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
Yup that's me!

Looks fantastic man superb results. Really nice temples, I'm saving some grafts for the future temple work.

View my thread

Yup that's me!

Wow! Looks fantastic!!!

Correct me if I am wrong but from the video it looks like you have thin hair. I am really surprised that such a result can be achieved with thin hair.

How's your crown looking? Any plans for the crown?

Wow! Looks fantastic!!!

Correct me if I am wrong but from the video it looks like you have thin hair. I am really surprised that such a result can be achieved with thin hair.

How's your crown looking? Any plans for the crown?

Thanks! Yes my hair is fine. I am planning on another procedure to address my crown.

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

Saturday is the big day. I've been too busy stressing about work and doing my taxes to really get nervous for the procedure, but now that it's right around the corner the butterflies have set in. I'm praying for good results and that the years of research will pay off with Dr Diep.

I'll keep guys updated as best I can.

Here are my picture from the day after with Dr Diep.. Fingers crossed that all works out! I'm not sure about the exact number of grafts. It was supposed to be 2500, but I forgot to verify on my way out.

I'll try and keep everyone as up to date as possible, as I know how much this forum helped my in my decision making process. Feel free to PM me with questions as well. Enjoy your Sunday all.

IMG_7556.thumb.jpg.8a222f4956cf4c4b64b47832a9a5864e.jpg

IMG_7557.thumb.jpg.d0fe273991375387e63a77924ec23053.jpg

IMG_7558.thumb.jpg.be339a6832aa4a64e3ab6f9c3a0cba3a.jpg

IMG_7560.thumb.jpg.de37e4242e989930412d172b779c8eb8.jpg

• Administrators

Congratulations Jblonde, that's a complete hairline reconstruction it should look fantastic, happy growing :)

View my thread

Here's where I'm at on Day 8. Most of the scabs came off in the shower the last 2 days. I've still got some scabs and dry skin though. Still have some numbness is the donor and recipient area, but no pain and the numbness seems to be getting better every day.

My hair is sooooo flipping fine that I'm pretty sure I'm going to need a second HT no matter how good Dr Diep's work is! UGH! The curse of the blonde man. It's hard to see some of the implanted hairs in the pictures because my hair is so fine and blonde, but it's there. No shedding that I'm aware of yet. Just redness.

Anyways, let me know if you guys have any thoughts. Hoping to be one of the lucky few who doesn't shed but not counting on it. As long as it grows in dense at some point I'll be happy :)

ps- sorry the pics always come out sideways for some reason.

IMG_7696.thumb.jpg.df69940ae283deef2346ab6143ef9e71.jpg

IMG_7698.thumb.jpg.37b5df12c7a59f4df71ad9ea60aa6cf7.jpg

IMG_7704.thumb.jpg.7275b4800a2b13ef40f4b83f253014e6.jpg

IMG_7711.thumb.jpg.27bcefdef46257f458221b844bf66eb4.jpg