Blonde FUE with Dr. Diep

JBlonde

• Administrators

Everything seems to be healing nicely, yea fine hair always needs more in terms of grafts to create visual density, but did you see E39's results, looks really dense and his hair is fine and blonde, so you never know fingers crossed.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

One month out. Not much to report. I've shed 99% of the transplanted hairs. I've got redness in both donor and recipient area. Both are slowly getting better. My skin is very sensitive anyways so I'm not surprised that it's still red. figures crossed. Man, no matter how much research you do before hand, waiting for it to grow is still nerve racking.

IMG_8192.thumb.jpg.d120ec13059908372f76399d281895e8.jpg

IMG_8193.thumb.jpg.2edba64e078e58370a045e0c8a1c7df6.jpg

IMG_8194.thumb.jpg.70510a8167a7822733a9494f1cb3689c.jpg

IMG_8195.thumb.jpg.731ab83bb7c7f81d88fa683b0db25f4f.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Hey all. I'm at about the 2 month mark now post FUE with Dr Diep. Not a ton to report. I've still got some redness in the back but its mostly covered by my hair. I've got some stragglers growing in the recipient area, but not much yet. It may be hard to tell in the photos because my hair is blonde and fine. Anyways, hoping to see some more action soon. Thoughts?

IMG_8620.thumb.jpg.bec1eb858820f8b1bf9d2f9ee5097daf.jpg

IMG_8621.thumb.jpg.3acaffd72485a64b723a0fbc8bd1b58c.jpg

IMG_8622.thumb.jpg.8324a7a87253a1d45a013984a1d67ceb.jpg

IMG_8623.thumb.jpg.7724fa00057f5e83d0acd64cd798791b.jpg

Don't worry, it will seem like nothing is happening.- it's normal. I personally found months 2-5 the hardest. The mental side of post-op is no joke and very strenuous! One thing I hadn't factored in before i took the plunge.

You'll be smiling soon, don't worry.

Interested to see how this turns out, particularly the temple peaks.

Happy growing!

I'm following this, very interested. I am the same age, same hair color - complexion, similar loss and been very much considering Dr. Diep. All the cars I've seen I'm sure you will have amazing results. Update often please.

Here are my picture from the day after with Dr Diep.. Fingers crossed that all works out! I'm not sure about the exact number of grafts. It was supposed to be 2500, but I forgot to verify on my way out.

I'll try and keep everyone as up to date as possible, as I know how much this forum helped my in my decision making process. Feel free to PM me with questions as well. Enjoy your Sunday all.

Congrats! Looks great. Imo, that looks slightly more than 2500 grafts. Maybe around 2750?

asakdan, nothing to report at the moment. i'll take some pics at the 3 month mark unless I have a growth spurt before then in which case I'll post sooner...

Seeing all the testimonies on here I'm sure you will have an outstanding result, always seem to start noticing around 6 months. How was the first month? Do you think it is possible to go back to work without much notice after 3 weeks (besides buzz cut)? I ask because I am in the military, wondering if it is a bad idea to do while still in ?

Seeing all the testimonies on here I'm sure you will have an outstanding result, always seem to start noticing around 6 months. How was the first month? Do you think it is possible to go back to work without much notice after 3 weeks (besides buzz cut)? I ask because I am in the military, wondering if it is a bad idea to do while still in ?

My skin is really sensitive and turns red very easily. It also stays red for quite a while. For me, it was definitely noticeable after 3 weeks. It's gotten much better, but mine still has some redness at 2.5 months. I wear hats when I go out or work for the most part. If you have a similar hairline/skin tone to me, and plan on having a similar procedure, I would still expect redness at that point. You could just own it and be honest with people who notice it and ask. I don't flaunt it but I'm fairly open with people about my HT. It just feels better to me than lying and making shit up about why my head has some redness. If your hair really bothers you and you really feel like a HT is what you want to do, I'd say go for it. There never really seems to be a "right" time between work, social engagements, etc. I realize that not everyone feels that way, but that's been my feeling about it.

That said, this whole sitting back and waiting for it to grow is nerve racking. You're also supposed to take care of your head, not get it sunburned, etc.... So I guess depending on what your job is in the military, maybe it would be wise to wait.

Sorry if that was a totally contradictory response :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's been 3 months. Definitely some hairs growing. Not a ton, but some. I can see it starting to form a hairline and fill in a bit, but it's extremely fine and blonde so almost invisible to the camera. I tried my best to zoom in and edit so you could see. Also, I cut my hair really short because for me it feels less awkward at this stage.

Being patient and waiting for growth challenging and nerve racking I will admit! My fingers continue to be crossed hoping for a good result.

5b32f3b0599d5_FullSizeRender14.thumb.jpg.f89c58884728b85d96aced5277c01d14.jpg

5b32f3b09108d_FullSizeRender12.thumb.jpg.487128614dff04ffa31b227933990e82.jpg

5b32f3b0aa969_FullSizeRender13.thumb.jpg.ffc611c89c2f37c52b8bd2af714dd866.jpg

IMG_8917.jpg.6072a5d25557bda078d3f98267a1c2c8.jpg

My skin is really sensitive and turns red very easily. It also stays red for quite a while. For me, it was definitely noticeable after 3 weeks. It's gotten much better, but mine still has some redness at 2.5 months. I wear hats when I go out or work for the most part. If you have a similar hairline/skin tone to me, and plan on having a similar procedure, I would still expect redness at that point. You could just own it and be honest with people who notice it and ask. I don't flaunt it but I'm fairly open with people about my HT. It just feels better to me than lying and making shit up about why my head has some redness. If your hair really bothers you and you really feel like a HT is what you want to do, I'd say go for it. There never really seems to be a "right" time between work, social engagements, etc. I realize that not everyone feels that way, but that's been my feeling about it.

That said, this whole sitting back and waiting for it to grow is nerve racking. You're also supposed to take care of your head, not get it sunburned, etc.... So I guess depending on what your job is in the military, maybe it would be wise to wait.

Sorry if that was a totally contradictory response :)

Yeah it's a tough decision, I haven't planned to get out, military has been good for me, it's very steady and great experiences. I would like to be able to just do it while in, going in between assignments wld be my best bet and the first 6 months wld be that kind of strange period where my head wld looks kind of weird I wld magne. I can't tell that you had a transplant at this point, I can see the outline of where your hairline will be, but as a bystander wld not think you wld have had with work done, which is a good thing. I will see how it pans out and quite interested in your progress as the skin/complexion and hair loss is quite similar. Currently have my hair grown out, so it isn't noticeable how receded I am, but get some wind on it it start sweating and it looks quite bad. I've tried the shave head look for a bit and it did not work for me really at all, I hated it, had lot of negative responses.

Well, it's been 3 months. Definitely some hairs growing. Not a ton, but some. I can see it starting to form a hairline and fill in a bit, but it's extremely fine and blonde so almost invisible to the camera. I tried my best to zoom in and edit so you could see. Also, I cut my hair really short because for me it feels less awkward at this stage.

Being patient and waiting for growth challenging and nerve racking I will admit! My fingers continue to be crossed hoping for a good result.

Congrats. Looks really great already.

Quick question. Judging from your photos, some of the sprouted hairs are already about half an inch long. Since hair grows around .5 inch per month, one can reasonably conclude that your very first hairs began to sprout roughly one month ago. Did you have your first few hairs breach your skin at around 8 weeks?

Good luck. I have fine blonde hair as well and I'll be getting a ht in aug.

• 1 month later...

Hey all, I'm a few days past the 4 month mark. Definitely some changes in the last month. I also haven't cut it in a month or so. I'll try to get some outdoor photos as well. Lots of hairs growing in. Obviously density is a concern of mine. I still have some redness, but I think that is do to my super fair and sensitive skin. Hoping to gain some density in the following months.

Would love to hear your thoughts?

IMG_9267.thumb.jpg.05dc5861abcb3ada8eff5457e828ec17.jpg

IMG_9268.thumb.jpg.068c5d908b4450218f76bb57361ec3e9.jpg

IMG_9269.thumb.jpg.7d52e3f7e0005e008dfa237060809d6b.jpg

IMG_9270.thumb.jpg.8635ccd3a754445f8f96464726dbd822.jpg