Blonde FUE with Dr. Diep

JBlonde

it's crazy how much of a difference light and angle make... also, the fact that my hair is blonde and sooooo fine is a blessing and a curse. Less contrast but also takes more for coverage I think.....

5b32f470c58f7_FullSizeRender12.thumb.jpg.274f746e59ec9c4c42e96fffe00c51b1.jpg

5b32f470e84dd_FullSizeRender13.thumb.jpg.0a72901f67388a532b630ef666d03c42.jpg

5b32f471350a7_FullSizeRender14.thumb.jpg.30f9a3d7787aa172080412e541d1973c.jpg

5b32f47162556_FullSizeRender16.thumb.jpg.af60f7bed8d85408428c208dfcd0fcf7.jpg

• Administrators

4 months is the top of the iceberg the fact that you're seeing any growth is very good, it looks great things have turned around quickly for you, the next few months will be very good to you.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Okay, I am an ex-blondie - I believe I am now more dishwater blonde with silver/grey/whatever. But my hair is fine like yours and I am very happy with my outcome and you are indeed coming along nicely!

Latest shot of the hair included.

Ferros.jpg.92e95e87ddb2f5b026ba8f0157536d73.jpg

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Here are my picture from the day after with Dr Diep.. Fingers crossed that all works out! I'm not sure about the exact number of grafts. It was supposed to be 2500, but I forgot to verify on my way out.

I'll try and keep everyone as up to date as possible, as I know how much this forum helped my in my decision making process. Feel free to PM me with questions as well. Enjoy your Sunday all.

Looks great so far! The only thing I see is the total number of grafts. The post-op photos show quite an extensive area and I would guess that you would have needed at least 3200 grafts to cover such an area with decent density.

arminius, thanks for the response. I ended up with 2900 grafts. I amended that 2500 statement but it's on like page 2 or 3 of this thread. Hopefully that will be enough for decent/good coverage. I already anticipated possibly going in for a second procedure if this one doesn't satisfy me in terms of density... we'll see how it goes.

arminius, thanks for the response. I ended up with 2900 grafts. I amended that 2500 statement but it's on like page 2 or 3 of this thread. Hopefully that will be enough for decent/good coverage. I already anticipated possibly going in for a second procedure if this one doesn't satisfy me in terms of density... we'll see how it goes.

Oh I must have missed the updated graft number. I had 2650 grafts in April 2017. My area is much smaller than yours. I am beginning to see some growth now (at ten weeks post-op).

• 5 weeks later...

Hey all, things are starting to come along. I'm posting outdoor and indoor pics so you can see various lighting. The lighting definitely makes a difference but I can go out in public with no hat now and feel comfortable! I happy with how things are coming along. If i had one complaint, it's that one of my temples is still lacking some growth. I'm only at month 5 though, so I consider myself lucky to be where I am.

5b32f4e6a0cc4_FullSizeRender18.thumb.jpg.a6a9e833dba3f3188ea5a09d02b6795f.jpg

5b32f4e6b775a_FullSizeRender22.thumb.jpg.fd0e6ed461c9d6d007b9ba76c7d34b42.jpg

IMG_9763.thumb.jpg.55dcbfd8efdf8a88bb6d7820e958be03.jpg

IMG_9764.thumb.jpg.acd297c05b7293ba8fae09aee880bad7.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Fellas, for those of you who were following my progress and are still on this website, I'm sincerely sorry for not continuing to post.  Life got very hectic, and thankfully, my hair was becoming less and less of a concern.  Either way, I apologize for not following through because I know this site helped me when I was trying to make decisions about a hair transplant.  It's been nearly 2 years since my last post, but below are a bunch of random pictures from the last year and a half or so.  All of these photos were taken at least a year after my surgery.  Overall, I'm very happy with the results that I got from Dr Diep.  The overall look is good I think.  It definitely looks fuller when it's a bit longer and I have styled it.  In most lighting it looks good, but some lighting makes the reconstructed areas look very thin.  I expected that though, having very fine blond hair and only having one surgery so far.  The only part that I'm not please with is my left temple.  There is a patch that the destiny doesn't match.  I'm not sure if it didn't grow properly there, or if Dr Diep somehow miss judged the number of grafts needed there.  I've circled it in red below.  I avoid it being an issue by styling my hair with the sides kind of buzzed and the top long.  I'm scheduled for another surgery to add density, fix the left temple, as well as slightly bring in the temples.  

I hope this helps some of you and again I am sorry for my absence.  

57533852818__4FB32630-5CF9-423B-BC23-983ED7A223DA 2.JPG

IMG_1095.JPG

IMG_1148.jpg

IMG_3427.jpg

IMG_4264.jpg

IMG_6993.jpg

IMG_6994.jpg

• Administrators

Saw you on Dr. Diep’s video. I’m glad you came back your results look fantastic. There’s another blonde guy who’s documenting his procedure on here as well. I hope you’ll start a new thread when you have your next procedure.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 months later...