Dr.KORAY ERDOGAN - INTRODUCTION OF KEEP

• l was placing all my grafts using forceps.However, When l started to check graft quality after surgery, l realized that the use of forceps was often the cause of curved and damaged grafts.

• Especially when dealing with hard and bleeding skin types; long, splay, fragile grafts.

• Two factors are important.

First of all after placing many grafts and when we get tired, we start to hold the graft stronger than necessary with forceps.

Additionally, as you know, pre-made incisions become tighter and less visible with time.While searching for the incision with graft loaded forceps, the grafts can also become damaged.

Recently, l performed a study on these curved grafts to see what happens?

The regrowth rate of the grafts is low and when compared to the regrowth rate of the hair transplanted, which is more important than

'' Graft Regrowth Rate '' . lt is only 65% and unacceptable.

Typically, l chose to place my grafts into pre-made incisions. The reason for this is for better graft planning potential. Also, pre-made incisions allow me to create naturel looking frontlines and temple peaks with narrow and low angles to the skin surface.

Narrow and low angles necessary for naturel appearance.

Let me introduce KEEP.

This is my solution to graft placement without damage, using pre-made incesions.The thinnest steel can be used with only 50 micron thickness and all parts can stand up to normal sterilization procedures.

Easy to load and you only need to push your graft slightly in to the dermis.

Medical steel type 304 and fragile parts supported by titanium for long-term usage.

KEEP is protecting grafts, to be curved and to be damaged while searching for the direction of the incision during the embedding procedure.

• Some damaged grafts may start to curve in 24 hours even they look okay in first hours of placing.

• KEEP is offered in different sizes with two adaptable types for both left and right hand use.

• In the video, you can watch , how easy to load KEEP and how fast you can place different types of grafts at the same time without damaging them.

• l made an other study to compare results of KEEP and FORCEPS. l placed 50 grafts/cm2 with KEEP to the left square and with 50 garfts/cm2 with forceps to the right square.

• Both KEEP and FORCEPS squares have 30 double hair and 20 triple hair grafts. I got 100% of regrowth

• But when l compare regrowth rate of transplanted hair, KEEP side is 15% better than forceps.

• Now, l am placing 100% by KEEP and started to get earlier and better density feed-backs.

THANK YOU.

Please check the link below:

ASMED Surgical Medical Center

Dr Koray Erdogan. Istanbul, Turkey

- For info, evaluations and quotations: htn@asmed.com.tr

- Telephone Contacts (Numbers active in working time and 24h for urgencies):

Main number : (+90) 216 464 11 11

USA: (+1) 8454612049

UK: (+44) 2035191146

- Free online consultation: Online Consultation Form

- For additional information on our clinic, cost and photos:

Asmed Hair Transplant Official Website

- Our Official Facebook Page

Hmmm so all previous patients were only getting 65% regrowth ?? If you have improved your regrowth rate might you now start using less grafts in your procedures ? Also are there any limitations with regards to hair caliber ? Can the KEEP be used with say 35 or 40 microns hairs ? Either way this looks a good innovation and if it has improved regrowth rate then that's a good thing :)

The regrowth rate of the grafts is low and when compared to the regrowth rate of the hair transplanted,

In your statement above which I have pasted what do you mean by the regrowth rate of the grafts compared to the regrowth rate of the transplanted hair? the grafts in first part of your statement were transplanted or not and if yes which tool did you use?

Where is this new instrument coming from?

65% growth rate ridiculously low, how do you compare your results with other HT surgeons?

sultsay

If you have improved your regrowth rate might you now start using less grafts in your procedures ?

That would be my question as well, though this sounds like an important advancement in technique in any case.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Hmmm so all previous patients were only getting 65% regrowth ?? If you have improved your regrowth rate might you now start using less grafts in your procedures ? Also are there any limitations with regards to hair caliber ? Can the KEEP be used with say 35 or 40 microns hairs ? Either way this looks a good innovation and if it has improved regrowth rate then that's a good thing :)

No. Dr Erdogan is explaining the growth rate in curved grafts, not the overall percentage in their cases. I am an previous patient as you know (8 months post op second surgery). I believe all my grafts grow from my first surgery (consisting how bad my loss was). And my second surgery so far has exceeded my expectations.

• Administrators

Is this any different than the choi implanter used by Lorenzo? I feel this is could be good for certain clinics, but could be bad for others, particularly those whose primary functions are performed by techs, I could see grafts being placed wrong angle and direction with this tool if not done carefully.

End of the day tools are just tools, it's interesting with forceps on a small number of grafts regrowth rate was 100%, it certainly makes an argument for smaller sessions vs mega sessions.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

HTsoon, Dr Lorenzo uses the Lion Pen which is an modified version of the Choi pen.

Yes it is interesting to see the study. He got 100% with both forceps and with KEEP. But with KEEP the grafts grow out better. I think thats why he has switched to KEEP from now on. To be honest, I can't fault the quality of my hair from my second surgery but he must have seen something.

KO, not sure about that but the study he posted and the reason he switched to KEEP is for better graft quality growth wise.

• Administrators

Thanks Yaz, I've noticed in the beginning stages of growth the hair is often frizzy, this could be from the hair curling during implantation. I agree your growth looked good, I'd imagine this tool makes life easier for the surgeon reducing the possibility of poor growth, it will be interesting to see which surgeons opt for this tool and how it does in their practice, innovation is always welcomed.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Inplanter pen makes incisions. Same concept though.

True. This one doesn't I think? His post states he uses KEEP to place grafts in pre-made incisions

So was Erdogan declining patients with curly hair for surgery before?

Are "j" hairs or curls exclusive to patients only with a natural curl to their hair ? Or is it something caused by transplanting the hair itself ? And can happen to patients that have straight hair?

I'm thinking main difference between the "KEEP" and an implanter pen is that Dr koray believes he can get a more natural frontline with the incision method (blades) he has been using for years ??

Either that or it's a FANTASTIC marketing scheme that already seems to be getting plenty of attention ;)

This is great. You don't see many doctors that are already successful and making tons of money, take take the time to KEEP innovating and improving their techniques. This certainly makes me want to have surgery at ASMED even more than before bc of Dr. Erogdans dedication.

So was Erdogan declining patients with curly hair for surgery before?

For KO and others, when he mentions "curved" he's talking about grafts that end up being curved from use of forceps, not curly hair etc.

Though am not sure if those with curly hair are more prone to this.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• 1 year later...
On 12/1/2018 at 7:41 AM, ATM110 said:

I feel sorry for the patients prior 2016. 65% regrowth and curved damaged hair

Yeah, but trial and error, adapt, fix and continue on applies everything. Those 65% results compared to surgeries performed in the 90s is like comparing a Honda Civic to a Lamborghini.

Edited by ILtrooper

This below thread got me wondering if anyone knows the pros and cons between the DHI method in which they utilise the choi pen which seems to be offered by Dr Clinik vs Koray's KEEP ?

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/52793-fue-2800-dhi-grafts-for-hairline-dr-emrah-cinik/?tab=comments#comment-488620

Edited by Markee